Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    I can't remember being as excited about a show starting up as Fargo in a long time. And it exceeded my level of excitement each week.
    Yeah, me too. Billy Bob Thornton deserves awards for his work on the show. I also loved Key and Peele's characters on the show. I'm excited that they are doing another season but sad that it will be a difference cast. I really like this trend on doing a completely different story for each season.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Some shows that weren't mentioned (I think):

Justified is pretty great.

The first season of Fargo was amazing.

I really like Hell on Wells.

American Horror Story is good too.

I like Person of Interest but I wouldn't put on the level with the shows you've watched and liked. The ones I've mentioned are much better.
      Yep, Justified is great ride. This upcoming season will be it's last. I put it up there with some of the great series of all times.

I still very much enjoy Person of Interest, but it has taken a step backwards for me. It has went from great to very good.

The Mentalist is excellent and looks that this season will be it's final one.

I almost feel guilty on how much I enjoyed Hannibal. I am looking forward to see how they are going to handle the upcoming season.

I forgot to record Fargo. It was on about 4 weeks before I realized it. I do not know if it is out out on Netflix. I am going to have to watch season 1 before I can get involved with the upcoming season.

Comment

• On another Fargo note, the season release date on DVD...today! My birthday is in 2 weeks, and I'm going to leave hints around the house.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I still very much enjoy Person of Interest, but it has taken a step backwards for me. It has went from great to very good.

The Mentalist is excellent and looks that this season will be it's final one.

I forgot to record Fargo. It was on about 4 weeks before I realized it. I do not know if it is out out on Netflix. I am going to have to watch season 1 before I can get involved with the upcoming season.
          Dead on agree with Person of Interest. This season has started out a bit weak compared to the previous seasons.

My wife, her brother, and I all think The Mentalist really fell apart last season. I'm the most positive about the show, and I'm only barely above a meh level.

The good news about Fargo, with the completely different cast, you won't really need to see Season 1 to watch Season 2. Think of them as mini-series, not a running show.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            The good news about Fargo, with the completely different cast, you won't really need to see Season 1 to watch Season 2. Think of them as mini-series, not a running show.
            There is going to be some connection between season 1 and season 2. I think it will have some of the same characters but will take place 30 years ago. It will be about Lou Solverson, Molly's father, who was a police detective. But it's true, you can watch season 2 without having watched season 1.

The upcoming campaign will feature at least one familiar face — well, sort of

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• When does season 2 of Fargo start? I read it might not be until Fall of 2015?

Comment

When does season 2 of Fargo start? I read it might not be until Fall of 2015?
                That's what it says in the link I posted. Sucks to have to wait that long.

Another really good show is The Bridge.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  That's what it says in the link I posted. Sucks to have to wait that long.

Another really good show is The Bridge.
                  The acting is great. It is one of those that while the characters are very interesting it is very hard to like any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    What's up with Person of Interest? Is it any good?

What shows should I look to power watch On Demand or via Amazon Prime? I need to find another series that I can crack out on.

I've seen (and liked):

Sopranos
                    Deadwood
                    Walking Dead
                    Game of Thrones
                    Lost
                    Breaking Bad
                    The Wire
                    Dexter (stupid crappy ending....damn you!)

Any great HBO-esque series out there that I've missed?
                    Homeland
                    Rome
                    Boardwalk Empire
                    Hell on Wheels
                    The Knick
                    True Detective

Did you see Band of Brothers or The Pacific?

Comment

The acting is great. It is one of those that while the characters are very interesting it is very hard to like any of them.
                      Really? I like the reporters a lot; Daniel and Adriana. Sonya is a mess, obviously, but Hank is awesome. And while Linder is creepy he's pretty cool and wants to right wrongs that have been done to women. Can't complain about that.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

That show tends to get better as a season goes along. Of the three episodes that have aired this year, one of them (the second one) was as good as some of the best stuff from last year, which is more than I was expecting given how it usually starts slowly.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I have never seen one episode of any of these besides Band of Brothers. I'd watch the hell out of Band of Brothers, but I'm guessing that its grittiness makes it a no-go for my wife. I have to trick her into watching the gritty shows like The Wire. "Sure, it may look like a bunch of soldiers wasting each other during WWII but it's actually just a buddy flick!"

I had to pretty much force her to watch The Wire. It's now probably her favorite show of all time, too. She's a tricky one, that wife of mine.
                          Right, forgot it needed to be wife-friendly.

How about Curb Your Enthusiasm? If you're a Seinfeld fan, it's like whole new batch of Seinfeld episodes. Ray Donovan? Entourage (at least the first few seasons)?

Comment

Actually, I kind of hate Seinfeld.

I'm pretty interested in Rome, though, and might be able to pitch it to the wife successfully (get your mind out of the gutter). Maybe I'll start with that one.
                            Rome is pretty gruesome in places ... but it is superb.

Comment

• wow, Boardwalk Empire. Two major characters gone in one episode.

Comment

Actually, I kind of hate Seinfeld.

I'm pretty interested in Rome, though, and might be able to pitch it to the wife successfully (get your mind out of the gutter). Maybe I'll start with that one.
                                What about Sons of Anarchy?

I don't watch it, but my daughter loves the show. She has gotten my wife involved and she is hooked too. It is in it's last season. I came home last night and they were in the middle of an episode. I got hooked in after only about 20 minutes. I am going to go back and start at the beginning. I will not watch any more this year as I don't want to spoil the ride. It is very violent, but you get hooked into the characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X