Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I need to do a Twin Peaks rewatch. I was one of the few freaks that read "The Diary of Laura Palmer" and saw "Fire Walk With Me" in the theatre, one of the very few shows that I would arrange my schedule around. I wonder how it would hold up under a rewatch. X Files really hasn't. Firefly did.
    of course you did

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I need to do a Twin Peaks rewatch. I was one of the few freaks that read "The Diary of Laura Palmer" and saw "Fire Walk With Me" in the theatre, one of the very few shows that I would arrange my schedule around. I wonder how it would hold up under a rewatch. X Files really hasn't. Firefly did.
      I think the "X-Files" has held up very well. great writing..great cast...off the wall crazy shit...

I keep wanting to do a Twin Peaks re-watch/marathon......
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        I think the "X-Files" has held up very well. great writing..great cast...off the wall crazy shit...

I keep wanting to do a Twin Peaks re-watch/marathon......

my biggest problem with the X-Files is that half the episodes would get resolved with an iPhone. I love the mythology/CSM/Lone Gunmen stuff though
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• DVR'd the new CBS show Stalker, have not watched yet

thought it was the worst idea ever, but Criminal Minds showcases serial killers and I've watched that (sometimes hitting delete, like when the killer is mentally disabled or - ok, a lot of deletes because the show is too often creepy)

how many years away are we from a "Burn the Witch at the Stake" reality show with real victims?
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            DVR'd the new CBS show Stalker, have not watched yet
            I did not have any interest in watching Stalker, but my wife had interest.

Had.

She watched 15 minutes, deleted the show, and killed the series recording.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• enjoyed stalker. Like both stars though, so that helped.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                DVR'd the new CBS show Stalker, have not watched yet

thought it was the worst idea ever, but Criminal Minds showcases serial killers and I've watched that (sometimes hitting delete, like when the killer is mentally disabled or - ok, a lot of deletes because the show is too often creepy)

how many years away are we from a "Burn the Witch at the Stake" reality show with real victims?
                Mrs. Gregg and I watch Criminal Minds. It is creepy some we have seen seem to go over the line even for them.

We have no interest in watching Stalker. Just the name is a turnoff. Previews did not help.

Comment

• Just caught up with the first few episodes of Gotham. I normally hate comic book movies, but this has been top notch.

Comment

• Only a couple of episodes in, but Homeland seems to have found it's season 1 groove again.

Comment

• The Walking Dead tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Only a couple of episodes in, but Homeland seems to have found it's season 1 groove again.
                        Unshackled from the Brody family.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          The Walking Dead tonight!
                          fantastic stuff last night.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            What's up with Person of Interest? Is it any good?

What shows should I look to power watch On Demand or via Amazon Prime? I need to find another series that I can crack out on.

I've seen (and liked):

Sopranos
                            Deadwood
                            Walking Dead
                            Game of Thrones
                            Lost
                            Breaking Bad
                            The Wire
                            Dexter (stupid crappy ending....damn you!)

Any great HBO-esque series out there that I've missed?
                            If you're looking for series that are complete.

Rome
                            Six Feet Under

Ones still going.

Luther
                            Hannibal
                            Rectify
                            Orphan Black
                            Orange is the New Black
                            Last edited by DMT; 10-13-2014, 05:55 PM.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              If you're looking for series that are complete.

Rome
                              Six Feet Under

Ones still going.

Luther
                              Hannibal
                              Rectify
                              Orphan Black
                              Orange is the New Black
                              Rectify (also ongoing)
                              Sherlock

Boardwalk Empire is in its final season.

Comment

• Carnivale is another, though it doesn't appeal to everybody.
                                Big Love is similar.
                                ditto True Blood.
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X