Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    It's not like she was chasing them that much in the original movie, being 8 months pregnant and all that
    Ha, I am guessing that the character will not be pregnant (if they use McDormand) and have her chase the bad guys. On the other hand if they use a different actress they could start our season one with the character being pregnant.

Given the outcomes of the stars of the movie, it would seem that the Sheriff, and her husband would be the main characters of the tv show.

Comment

• I just finished all of Homeland and while the some of the acting was just terrific, I thought it was kind of boring. Actually I was kind of disappointed because I was expecting it to much better than it was.

Comment

• Anybody catch The Neighbors last night? I had very low expectations but found myself laughing pretty hard at some of it. It'll stay on the DVR for another couple of weeks.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          I just finished all of Homeland and while the some of the acting was just terrific, I thought it was kind of boring. Actually I was kind of disappointed because I was expecting it to much better than it was.
          I'm a fan but couldn't believe it won the Emmy for best drama. Inexplicably, Mad Men didn't win after its best season after winning its first four.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            Anybody catch The Neighbors last night? I had very low expectations but found myself laughing pretty hard at some of it. It'll stay on the DVR for another couple of weeks.
            I hope to watch it tonight or tomorrow night. I did laugh out loud at one of the previews.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I'm a fan but couldn't believe it won the Emmy for best drama. Inexplicably, Mad Men didn't win after its best season after winning its first four.
              Yeah ... I really liked it, but best show? Breaking Bad season 4 was clearly the best show ... was that even nominated?

Comment

Anybody catch The Neighbors last night? I had very low expectations but found myself laughing pretty hard at some of it. It'll stay on the DVR for another couple of weeks.
                I just realized that I have enjoyed comedies about aliens.

My Favorite Martian, Mork and Mindy (although it did last longer than it should have), Third Rock from The Sun.

Maybe I can add a fourth.

Comment

• It's not a bad point. Neighbors looks like it will draw heavily from the French Smith concept of Third Rock, but it's been long enough to be fresh again imo.
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Yeah ... I really liked it, but best show? Breaking Bad season 4 was clearly the best show ... was that even nominated?
                    It was. For last season only, I give the slight nod to Mad Men but it is ridiculous that Breaking Bad has not won for best drama yet. But, The Wire never won either so I'm not surprised.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I was not planning on watching it, but since it came right after Modern Family I gave it a shot. I will watch it again the next time it is on.

Comment

It's not a bad point. Neighbors looks like it will draw heavily from the French Smith concept of Third Rock, but it's been long enough to be fresh again imo.
                        That is what I thought too.

Comment

Can someone else watch episode 2 of Revolution and tell me if it gets any better
                          Sadly, I did see it. It just happened to be coming on the channel we were watching or I would have missed it. Darn the luck. I thought it was about as bad as the first episode, but I have to say they do a good job with the endings and the previews for the next shows. As bad as I think the show is, I think I'll watch it again next week if I happen to see it on.

Why in the world would all the furniture and all the houses they inhabit be 19th century looking? Goes along with the muskets I guess. I hate myself for watching this show.

Comment

• I really did love Homeland and I honestly don't know what I liked more last season between that and Breaking Bad. Very personally I think I would have given it to Breaking Bad because it deserves one and only has one more shot. I don't watch Mad Men so I can't comment, but I was glad to see it not win as I was kind of bored with seeing it win. I will be rooting very hard for Breaking Bad next year. I also actually wanted Giancarlo Espisito to win over Aaron Paul as I think his performance was masterful last year. I do love Paul too, but this was the last shot for Gus to win one and since he lost most of his face it seemed deserved.
                            Last edited by frae; 09-27-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I really did love Homeland and I honestly don't know what I liked more last season between that and Breaking Bad. Very personally I think I would have given it to Breaking Bad because it deserves one and only has one more shot. I don't want Mad Men so I can't comment, but I was glad to see it not win as I was kind of bored with seeing it win. I will be rooting very hard for Breaking Bad next year. I also actually wanted Giancarlo Espisito to win over Aaron Paul as I think his performance was masterful last year. I do love Paul too, but this was the last shot for Gus to win one and since he lost most of his face it seemed deserved.
                              Lol totally.

My quibble with Homeland was that it was tooooo much of a slow burn. Oh and Tom Walker came out of nowhere.

Comment

• "... there is no Pepe Silvia! ... you gotta be kiddin' me ... I got boxes full of Pepe"

The point were Mac realizes ... is brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X