No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hell on Wheels finale pretty much looked like a big **** You to everyone from the writers. though i enjoyed it, I can't see it being renewed for another season.

Copper is really starting to get strange, I've no idea where they go from here having solved what looked to be the "one armed man" mystery halfway though.

Sons of Anarchy took a small bit of rest from it's weekly "kill off a main character" bent it's been on it this final season to take a breath. I'm thinking it's only the calm before the storm as I don't see many of them getting out of this series alive.

Boardwalk Empire. It's only a matter of time before Nuckey obliterates everyone as you can see him stewing about pretty much everything in his life right now.

Revolution (yes I'm watching it) still has crap fight scenes, but the premise is getting a bit more interesting.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I have found 666 to be pretty good so far. Terry O'Quinn (John Locke from Lost) is really doing a nice job. Fun to watch.

Ben and Kate had a nice rebound for us. We decided to give it 3 episodes total aftere the first stink a roo. My wife and I actually laughed outloud 3 or 4 times. I just don't like the characters very much. Still a few good laughs is worth giving it another shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Revolution (yes I'm watching it) still has crap fight scenes, but the premise is getting a bit more interesting.
        I am watching too. Saw this linked somewhere about some of the ridiculous scenes.

Comment

• I liked the first few episodes of Elementary ... definitely has promise. The main two characters and acting are excellent, but he "cops" are all a bit wooden ... even Aidan Quinn. They also need to draft in some better writers ... Cagney and Lacey could solve the cases we've seen so far.

Comment

• Watched the pilot of Newsroom last night ... damn fine opening salvo.

Comment

• Anyone watch Girls when it was on HBO last spring? Just caught up with it ... funny, interesting and quite courageous. Some of the awkward sexual scenes are hilarious. Not one to watch with the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Anyone watch Girls when it was on HBO last spring? Just caught up with it ... funny, interesting and quite courageous. Some of the awkward sexual scenes are hilarious. Not one to watch with the kids.
                I saw it and for the longest time I couldn't decide whether or not I liked it. But in the end I realized how annoying and whiny many of the characters were. So I'm not going to watch season two. But Brian Williams daughter, by herself is worth the price of admission.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  I saw it and for the longest time I couldn't decide whether or not I liked it. But in the end I realized how annoying and whiny many of the characters were. So I'm not going to watch season two. But Brian Williams daughter, by herself is worth the price of admission.
                  She is alluringly attractive. I was sure I'd seen her somewhere before ... but it must have been the Brooke Shields crossed with Jennifer Connelly thing.

The virgin girl was really annoying at times towards the end ... although to be fair her character was supposed to be ... but she got less funny as the series went on. They could have done more with that character ... it had some potential in the first couple of shows. And they should have made more of the cynical coffee house owner guy.
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 11-02-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Johnny, my disc of Sherlock promos a show called Wallander. Looks interesting, any good?
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Johnny, my disc of Sherlock promos a show called Wallander. Looks interesting, any good?
                      There are two adaptations of the Wallander series. I presume you are talking about the series with Kenneth Branagh, and not the Swedish series?

Each episode is an adaptation of a Wallander book, so they are short series of 3 TV movies basically.

I have yet to see the second series, but I liked the first. It's dark like all Scandi dramas, and Branagh is excellent in the title role. l'll bet you like it more because of the difference factor.

Comment

• Gandalf and Claudius get it on ...

Sirs Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi, veteran theatrical knights, will star in a new ITV1 comedy as a gay couple who have lived in the same Covent Garden flat for 50 years.

Vicious
                        , written and created by Will & Gracewriter Gary Janetti and award-winning playwright Mark Ravenhill, will be broadcast next year.

Comment

• Plus two 12 minutes mini episodes hosted on youtube ... links are in the above clip.

Phelim O'Neill: Fans will have glimpsed leaked clips of the space-opera prequel pilot – but finally we have a chance to see the whole thing, albeit in small chunks on YouTube. What do you make of it?

Comment

• Right ... if this doesn't make you all rush out and get the box sets of Forbrydelsen (fur-boo-del-sen), I give up

Linguist Jesper Hansen from the Scandinavian studies department of University College London helps fans of The Killing go beyond the subtitles

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Right ... if this doesn't make you all rush out and get the box sets of Forbrydelsen (fur-boo-del-sen), I give up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...-killing-video
                              I was expecting a hot danish chick with a full jumper
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Anyone else try to watch Bones this week? I guess I applaud them for trying something new, but I had to turn it off after about 5 minutes once I realized it was going to be the whole episode. It also seemed really incongruous with the whole theme of the show too.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X