Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    Homeland, on Showtime, has been really good so far. Anyone besides me and heyelander watching?
    Just got all of Dish's movie channels for free for 3 months for threatening to cancel. Started watching this and the first few episodes have been awesome. Morena Baccarin is so hot, like an exotic Ashley Judd.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Just got all of Dish's movie channels for free for 3 months for threatening to cancel. Started watching this and the first few episodes have been awesome. Morena Baccarin is so hot, like an exotic Ashley Judd.
      Homeland was awesome. I would say right now it is inside my top 5 airing shows. (Justified, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Homeland, and The Walking Dead, though I expect Newsroom could bump someone out).

Which leads me to, is anyone else really excited for The Newsroom? Sorkin on HBO doing a show about a TV news show. I can't wait.

Comment

• Anyone else watching Suits? Pretty sure I got the recommendation last year from someone here. Season 2 just started ... really good show ... highly recommended.

Has anyone saw Ep1 of Newsroom yet? I'm going to wait a few weeks and watch the first few in a batch.

Haven't bothered with True Blood. Like last year, I probably will at some point ... but won't be following weekly. Unless someone can keep me updated with the nudity quotient. Specifically with reference to:

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Has anyone saw Ep1 of Newsroom yet? I'm going to wait a few weeks and watch the first few in a batch.

Haven't bothered with True Blood. Like last year, I probably will at some point ... but won't be following weekly. Unless someone can keep me updated with the nudity quotient. Specifically with reference to:
          No nudity on Jessica yet, I think the last ep had her in a sexy outfit but that's it. Same old ridiculous show, but i don't hate it as much as I hated it last season...yet.

I'm staying away from Newsroom - it looks like something that would just annoy me. The one or two reviews I've read have kind of confirmed what I thought as well.

I've liked Falling Skies so far this season - not quite exceelent, but good enough compared to what else is on at the moment.

Comment

• Why the obsession with Jessica getting naked? It's the fifth season -- if it hasn't happened by now, it's not gonna. And there's plenty of other nudity on that show.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• It's been on for years, but I still get a kick outta "World's Dumbest...." on Tru TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Why the obsession with Jessica getting naked?
                Failing to compute this comment. Can someone explain.

Comment

• I've been enjoying Longmire on A&E so far.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I had Newsroom on the tv but was busy doing other things while it was on. I recorded it and it seemed interesting enough that I will go back and watch it. The tirade he goes on while being interviewed was pretty darn good and was right at the beginning of the show. That is worth watching even if the rest of the show is bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                      I had Newsroom on the tv but was busy doing other things while it was on. I recorded it and it seemed interesting enough that I will go back and watch it. The tirade he goes on while being interviewed was pretty darn good and was right at the beginning of the show. That is worth watching even if the rest of the show is bad.
                      My wife watched the first 20 minutes before heading to bed and suggested I check it out. I saw the entire episode and I will definitely give it a chance. I do hope the character interaction evolves beyond head butting and verbal sparring.

Comment

• I just finished re-watching Battlestar Galactica. Took me a couple of months to get through, but I was pleasantly surprised. My impression the first time around was that the mini-series and first 2 seasons were by far the best part of the saga. Completely reversed that on second viewing. The first 2 seasons were good, but not as good as I remembered, whereas Seasons 3 & 4 were excellent. Also, one of the best endings of any of the "epic" series from the last 10 years.

Comment

I just finished re-watching Battlestar Galactica. Took me a couple of months to get through, but I was pleasantly surprised. My impression the first time around was that the mini-series and first 2 seasons were by far the best part of the saga. Completely reversed that on second viewing.
                          android has clouded your judgement.

Season 3 was meh, 4 was bad and the ending, while not as bad as the Lost ending, was still awful.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I just finished re-watching Battlestar Galactica. Took me a couple of months to get through, but I was pleasantly surprised. My impression the first time around was that the mini-series and first 2 seasons were by far the best part of the saga. Completely reversed that on second viewing. The first 2 seasons were good, but not as good as I remembered, whereas Seasons 3 & 4 were excellent. Also, one of the best endings of any of the "epic" series from the last 10 years.
                            I absolutely hated the frakking angels ending, for me the pinnacle was either the New Caprica stuff or the mutiny
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Pretty neat, at least for me.
                              That's cool...final season starts sunday, totally stoked!
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                android has clouded your judgement.

Season 3 was meh, 4 was bad and the ending, while not as bad as the Lost ending, was still awful.
                                I did watch a lot of the episodes on my Android

First time around I watched seasons 1 & 2 on box sets, then followed 3 & 4 as they aired. 3 & 4 make a lot more sense when you watch the episodes back to back. The parts I really liked of seasons 1 & 2 weren't as good as I remembered.

I think the ending was awesome ... the last episode was a bit over-sentimental for my liking, but the conclusion of the saga was great. It's always nice to see some Nietzsche and Kierkegaard pop up now and again.

Comment

Working...
                                X