No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious if anybody has watched the series Pennyworth.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Reacher - I never read the books, but my buddy did and he was PO'd when lil' Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher in the movies, because he said in the book, Reacher is a 6'5" behemoth. Well, have no fear, Alan Ritchman is a 6'5" behemoth and so far, the series is great.
      Agree, Reacher has been terrific so far, followes the book faithfully, and that's a good thing. Ritchman is perfect as Reacher. and all of the little details are really well done, especially Reachers style of fighting. As little punching as possible, sonce the bones in the hand break easily. Lots of elbows and headbutts instead.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        Curious if anybody has watched the series Pennyworth.
        I'm about 3 episodes in and am quite surprised that I like it quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see where it goes, but it looks like it'll be a good ride. Only caveat is that some of the Brit slang and accents can be tough to follow...at least for me.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• good to hear....I'm starting it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Reacher - I never read the books, but my buddy did and he was PO'd when lil' Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher in the movies, because he said in the book, Reacher is a 6'5" behemoth. Well, have no fear, Alan Ritchman is a 6'5" behemoth and so far, the series is great.
            Started watching yesterday evening...made it thru 4 episodes. Just starting the fifth now. Good stuff
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Here is Kevin Smith's review of Reacher:

"This f-ckin Reacher show is so f-cking satisfying," Smith said. "Every episode is satisfying, I can't think of a better word for it man. It's like Batman with no cape that's it, he just f-cking rolls around punching f-ckers and killing them."

Smith continued, "I ain't seen a more satisfying show in a long time. I put it up there with Peacemaker in terms of the body count, it's crazy. This is wonderful...Give this guy a f-cking award. He should be nominated for one of the 10 Best Picture films, there. There's your hot take for the week. Alan Ritchson, astounding....F-ck he's good....If you had told me like flat out that's the show you're going to watch, I'd be like 'I'm not going to like that' and now I want to live it I love it so much. I just want to hang out with Reacher all the time."

The praise didn't stop there though as Smith gave it the highest praise possible, adding:

"Here's the best review I could give it. If I could dig up my father, my dead father, who has been dead for like almost 20 years, number one it would be a miracle because we cremated him, but if I could dig up his body and sit him in front of the TV to watch Reacher, it would literally bring him back to life because this show was made for my father."

Comment

• People getting what's coming to them is my dad's favorite genre. Man on fire, and the Equalizer films are some of his favorite. And not just for Denzel.

It took me a while to nail down his preference. I thought it was just action, but he liked some of the shittiest Segal movies. A year or two ago I realized it was movies that fulfill his sense of justice that work for him, and not action in general. I was at a superbowl party at my brother's and said to my dad "I just watched something on amazon that I think you'd enjoy, but I can't remember what it was..." he said "Reacher!?!? That was awesome!"
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  People getting what's coming to them is my dad's favorite genre. Man on fire, and the Equalizer films are some of his favorite. And not just for Denzel.

It took me a while to nail down his preference. I thought it was just action, but he liked some of the shittiest Segal movies. A year or two ago I realized it was movies that fulfill his sense of justice that work for him, and not action in general. I was at a superbowl party at my brother's and said to my dad "I just watched something on amazon that I think you'd enjoy, but I can't remember what it was..." he said "Reacher!?!? That was awesome!"
                  He might like Luther as well. Not as in your face but very good.

I did a search of Luther and it would appear that it has been mentioned. I am not willing to go through 208 pages to find it.

I will say Luther is excellent and we are binging it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    He might like Luther as well. Not as in your face but very good.

I did a search of Luther and it would appear that it has been mentioned. I am not willing to go through 208 pages to find it.

I will say Luther is excellent and we are binging it now.
                    Nice. it would fulfill my mother's likes of people speaking with accents too.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I'm about 3 episodes in and am quite surprised that I like it quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see where it goes, but it looks like it'll be a good ride. Only caveat is that some of the Brit slang and accents can be tough to follow...at least for me.
                      Can't help with the slang but we turn on the closed captioning to help with the accents (not on this show which I have not started) but any British show
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        Can't help with the slang but we turn on the closed captioning to help with the accents (not on this show which I have not started) but any British show
                        You'd be off your trolley if you dint turn on the bloody captions! That would be bonkers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          You'd be off your trolley if you dint turn on the bloody captions! That would be bonkers!
                          But instead, Bob's your uncle!
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            But instead, Bob's your uncle!
                            Well mate I'd say we are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I have no ideas what you are talking about here.

Comment

• 1883 is pretty damn good.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Anybody here watching Yellowjackets? My wife and I are really enjoying it with 1 episode left.

It's a big 90's nostalgia thing, with half the show present day, half in the 90's. Tons of great 90's music that I didn't realize could make me so sentimental, or so cognizant of how damn old I am. The present day actresses include Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey, and Chrisyina Ricci, so there's 90's nostalgia in both halves of the show. It's a very intentional formula, but it's worked on me.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X