Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heyelander
    replied
    i have met both Sean and Seth... all I can say is they are the types of people I would wish upon each other.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Giverny: the Binghamton of France.
    You don't have to beg like this, it is unbecoming. I will invite you to the next meetup im Binghamton

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Ok, I've been to Giverny...Monet had no dishwasher, of that I am sure. Pollock, he was a reclusive, with a volatile personality. Not the kind of guy who let a machine wash his dishes.
    Giverny: the Binghamton of France.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied

The dishwasher was invented in 1850. Monet was born in 1840 and died in 1926. Pollock was born in 1912 and died in 1956. It's conceivable that one or both of them had a dishwasher at some point.
    Ok, I've been to Giverny...Monet had no dishwasher, of that I am sure. Pollock, he was a reclusive, with a volatile personality. Not the kind of guy who let a machine wash his dishes.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

Neither one of them had a dishwasher.
    The dishwasher was invented in 1850. Monet was born in 1840 and died in 1926. Pollock was born in 1912 and died in 1956. It's conceivable that one or both of them had a dishwasher at some point.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied

I actually tend to be the one asking if she is drunk when she loads the dishwasher because it makes no sense. It's also fascinating because she's actually a very good artist and knows how to fit things on a page. Perhaps her dishwasher loading is more Jackson Pollock and less Monet.
    Neither one of them had a dishwasher.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

I hope she also tells you that she is "doing it right" and better than you, just to rub salt in the wound. I've heard that can happen
    I actually tend to be the one asking if she is drunk when she loads the dishwasher because it makes no sense. It's also fascinating because she's actually a very good artist and knows how to fit things on a page. Perhaps her dishwasher loading is more Jackson Pollock and less Monet.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied

Absolutely. My wife consistently loads the dishwasher with no rhyme or reason. It shows a complete lack of spatial awareness and/or Tetris experience. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose just so I do the dishes more.
    I hope she also tells you that she is "doing it right" and better than you, just to rub salt in the wound. I've heard that can happen

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    at some point I mentioned that I should replace the SpaghettiOs bowls I had with, like, adultish bowls. My wife ordered some (this took less effort than the minimal encouragement that most things take. I think she was realy looking to get rid of the SpaghettiOs ones). The new ones are huge, like plate sized, but with a bowlish shape. There is one slot in the dishwasher that is perfect for them. For one at least, but generally, that is all we will use during the week. I always put the bowl there, but she will move it to "where the bowls go" even though it is huge, not as deep as a regular bowl, and takes up space that could be much better used for other things. We will move it back and forth a couple of times before the dishwasher is run.

I wonder where my SpaghettiOs bowls are. They were really cute. I hope we didn't throw them away, even thought I will never use one again, and really should throw them away.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

I think this confirms my feeling that a separate thread is appropriate.. I take this shit very seriously, as should you all
    Absolutely. My wife consistently loads the dishwasher with no rhyme or reason. It shows a complete lack of spatial awareness and/or Tetris experience. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose just so I do the dishes more.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

My four children have varying levels of skill at dishwasher loading--ranging from pretty good to looking as if there was a purposeful attempt to prevent the largest number of dishes from becoming clean.
    I think this confirms my feeling that a separate thread is appropriate.. I take this shit very seriously, as should you all

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Seitzer
    replied
    probably deserves a separate thread, and maybe move to hot topics....but damn, why can't people load a dishwasher correctly. Efficiency, not random dishes and glasses thrown around like a scene from a horror movie.
    My four children have varying levels of skill at dishwasher loading--ranging from pretty good to looking as if there was a purposeful attempt to prevent the largest number of dishes from becoming clean.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

Thanks for checking in ! All good as far as I know. No shoe laces failures I recall in the last couple years. When it comes to shoe laces, no news is good news.
    What they say is true: Binghamton, NY makes the absolute BEST shoelaces around.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    I saw a thread titled “New shoelaces” and figured this would be in contention for one of the most boring threads ever posted on RJ. It lived up to those expectations.
    Thanks for your contributions!

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Hey, FS - how did these shoelaces end up working out for you? Are they still going strong a year and a half later?
    Thanks for checking in ! All good as far as I know. No shoe laces failures I recall in the last couple years. When it comes to shoe laces, no news is good news.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X