No announcement yet.

New Shoelaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably deserves a separate thread, and maybe move to hot topics....but damn, why can't people load a dishwasher correctly. Efficiency, not random dishes and glasses thrown around like a scene from a horror movie.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      probably deserves a separate thread, and maybe move to hot topics....but damn, why can't people load a dishwasher correctly. Efficiency, not random dishes and glasses thrown around like a scene from a horror movie.
      Do these people live in your house? Or have you been snooping around in other people's dishwashers?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Do these people live in your house? Or have you been snooping around in other people's dishwashers?
        I'm not sure I want to answer this question
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm not sure I want to answer this question
          It's okay, I'm sure you do.

Comment

Hey, FS - how did these shoelaces end up working out for you? Are they still going strong a year and a half later?

Comment

I was cleaning out a box that I had moved cross country and never opened. It was basically stuff that had been in a junk drawer before, and I dumped into a Rubbermaid bin. I had a pair of black shoelaces in there. Haven't needed a new set of shoelaces in the 10 years I've been here, but there they were, still in their package. I asked my wife where we kept spare shoelaces, and she looked at me like I was crazy. She said we had no such place. They are now in a drawer in the laundry room that contains other random things (day-to-day screwdriver/pliers, pads for the bottom of chair legs, a box cutter, wood touch-up markers, glue...). I'm sure they will be there when my niece and nephew have to clean out my house after i die.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Hey, FS - how did these shoelaces end up working out for you? Are they still going strong a year and a half later?
                Thanks for checking in ! All good as far as I know. No shoe laces failures I recall in the last couple years. When it comes to shoe laces, no news is good news.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I saw a thread titled “New shoelaces” and figured this would be in contention for one of the most boring threads ever posted on RJ. It lived up to those expectations.
                  Thanks for your contributions!
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks for checking in ! All good as far as I know. No shoe laces failures I recall in the last couple years. When it comes to shoe laces, no news is good news.
                    What they say is true: Binghamton, NY makes the absolute BEST shoelaces around.

Comment

My four children have varying levels of skill at dishwasher loading--ranging from pretty good to looking as if there was a purposeful attempt to prevent the largest number of dishes from becoming clean.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

My four children have varying levels of skill at dishwasher loading--ranging from pretty good to looking as if there was a purposeful attempt to prevent the largest number of dishes from becoming clean.
                        I think this confirms my feeling that a separate thread is appropriate.. I take this shit very seriously, as should you all
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think this confirms my feeling that a separate thread is appropriate.. I take this shit very seriously, as should you all
                          Absolutely. My wife consistently loads the dishwasher with no rhyme or reason. It shows a complete lack of spatial awareness and/or Tetris experience. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose just so I do the dishes more.

Comment

at some point I mentioned that I should replace the SpaghettiOs bowls I had with, like, adultish bowls. My wife ordered some (this took less effort than the minimal encouragement that most things take. I think she was realy looking to get rid of the SpaghettiOs ones). The new ones are huge, like plate sized, but with a bowlish shape. There is one slot in the dishwasher that is perfect for them. For one at least, but generally, that is all we will use during the week. I always put the bowl there, but she will move it to "where the bowls go" even though it is huge, not as deep as a regular bowl, and takes up space that could be much better used for other things. We will move it back and forth a couple of times before the dishwasher is run.

I wonder where my SpaghettiOs bowls are. They were really cute. I hope we didn't throw them away, even thought I will never use one again, and really should throw them away.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Absolutely. My wife consistently loads the dishwasher with no rhyme or reason. It shows a complete lack of spatial awareness and/or Tetris experience. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose just so I do the dishes more.
                              I hope she also tells you that she is "doing it right" and better than you, just to rub salt in the wound. I've heard that can happen
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I hope she also tells you that she is "doing it right" and better than you, just to rub salt in the wound. I've heard that can happen
                                I actually tend to be the one asking if she is drunk when she loads the dishwasher because it makes no sense. It's also fascinating because she's actually a very good artist and knows how to fit things on a page. Perhaps her dishwasher loading is more Jackson Pollock and less Monet.

Comment

Working...
                                X