X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I was close to having to buy new laces for my bowling shoes, when I blew out the sole. Ended up getting new bowling shoes. Problem solved.

Something weird about bowling shoes; their laces are freakishly long. Too long really. Have to double knot them so as not to step on them. Not sure what that is about.
    I apparently measured my old laces correctly and the new laces from Walgreens are perfect, i was a bit worried about that. they only had a few options available. I hope everyone continues to tell their own shoelace stories here, i think it is an important topic to discuss in our world today.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    I was close to having to buy new laces for my bowling shoes, when I blew out the sole. Ended up getting new bowling shoes. Problem solved.

Something weird about bowling shoes; their laces are freakishly long. Too long really. Have to double knot them so as not to step on them. Not sure what that is about.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Thanks ! My online search showed walgreens and target. I was mostly just amazed that I had not bought shoelaces in about 50 years.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Yes, I have bought shoelaces once in a blue moon altho usually I'll just take a pair from some worn out shoes and use them on the still usable shoes. TArget, WalMart or any of the "big box" department stores will have them for a reasonable price.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    I need to do the same. One of my laces on my sneakers (tennis shoes? what's the not old guy term for them?) has the outter layer broken and is holding on by the inner lining only. I just worry that the new ones are going to be stark white against my grubby ass shoes. They should sell distressed colored laces.

I was thinking Target was the place to go. seems like the go-to for generic shit you need

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    started a topic New Shoelaces

New Shoelaces

I am going to buy some shoelaces for some old shoes I found in my garage, lol. I don't even know where to go. I talked to my daughter and she has never bought shoelaces. I probably have not ever bought them either. Maybe shoes don't last as long as they used to ? I recall my parents buying me shoelaces for my shoes back in the 70's. When was the last time you bought shoelaces ?
Working...
X