X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Me: "I love these guys."

Bucky: "Screw those guys."

Yeah, I guess it was my bad for not seeing it as being an attempt at being helpful. LOL. Durr.
    Yeah, you are right, that was not helpful. In my defense, when I say things like that in person you can tell I don't mean it as a slight against you but obviously written in text it's a whole different story.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Me: "Guess who started Ervin Santana in the Bronx today" Me: "ROFL ROFL ROFL" Coworker: "What does any of that mean? Are you sniffing glue again?"
      fixed
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I on the other hand sincerely don't like the black crowes.
        Last edited by heyelander; 07-11-2013, 02:27 PM.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• A classic:

Comment

I forgot how funny you are when your knickers get in a bunch. I was trying to be helpful and suggest a band I like a lot (that sounds exactly like the band you like and I promise you the Black Crowes love The Faces; in fact I found a message board that had links to download the Black Crowes covering several Faces songs; including Stay With Me give me your email address and I'll send you the mp3 ) but you decided to shit all over my suggestion. So I decided to have a little fun with you with the Bieber comment; mission accomplished. I don't recall drying like a girl but i do remember your expletive filled rant about the Faces that I found funny.

I couldn't give two shits whether you like alt country or not, I only vaguely remember the posts about it, what I remember more is you constantly bringing it up like an old dying man talking about his one day in the sun in the big leagues. Perhaps I take music too seriously (but music is important enough to take seriously) and it comes off as arrogant or snobbish but I assure you that's not my intention.

The funny thing is I bet there are a lot of the same bands we both like.
            I understand "throwing like a girl", but what is "drying like a girl" ?

---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Rod Stewart kicks ass...

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I only ask that you closely watch from 1:15-1:25. Then, pause and go to the 1:21 mark in case you missed it.
                I saw it on a Bill Burr post, but Burr's commentary is so angry, even for him, that I can't recommend it.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I understand "throwing like a girl", but what is "drying like a girl" ?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

He's a better man than I, obviously. I just couldn't let it go...
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      I only ask that you closely watch from 1:15-1:25. Then, pause and go to the 1:21 mark in case you missed it.
                      I saw it on a Bill Burr post, but Burr's commentary is so angry, even for him, that I can't recommend it.

"Memphis" is one of my all time favorites...but this version is pretty weak..even ignoring the Yoko cuckoo clock imitation!
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        A classic:
                        Screw The Only Ones, watch a pug in an elaborate recreation of an I Love Lucy episode instead. Completely unrelated, recorded 30 years later, and ...

Comment

it's ok, I won't go dying like a girl.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• There is a new Superchunk single out, eldiablo will probably hate it and he can tell me so.

From the album I Hate Music, out August 20, 2013 on Merge Records. http://www.mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=945

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                              I only ask that you closely watch from 1:15-1:25. Then, pause and go to the 1:21 mark in case you missed it.

Haha ... did you see Chuck Berry's eyes as she was strangling that cat?

Comment

That's Good Guy Greg ... ya huh.

Comment

Working...
                                X