Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    saw that a couple of weeks ago. I loved RU Mine but was pretty luke-warm to this one. I kept waiting for it to take off somehow and it just kind of droned on.
    It's grown on me ... when I first heard it I was thinking more like a good album track than a single. I like that they are developing the sound and style of R U Mine.

Comment

• Haven't been in the bar for a while, saw the Shins a couple of weeks ago in Brooklyn. Put on a great show, mostly Port of Morrow, but plenty of stuff off earlier releases as well. Thoroughly enjoyable.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post

This dude is kinda bad ass.
        if you like this, you'll probably like Dan Auerbach (from the Black Keys)

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Yeezus by Kanye West ... mad and brilliant (except for the autotune bits)

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Always loved this band:

Screw those guys, listen to The Faces instead. The exact same music written decades earlier, and better.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Clem Snide

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Look who's back! Hey, Slider!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Look who's back! Hey, Slider!
                  Howdy, howdy, howdy

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    Howdy, howdy, howdy
                    good to see you out and about (ish).
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yeah, I'll take a pass on Rod Stewart and stick with good music. Thanks though!
                      That's like saying I don't want to listen to Frank Sinatra but this Justin Bieber kid is really good. Don't let Rod Stewart's later work cloud your judgement of the Faces, especially since they had some other great talent in that band with Ronnie Lane and Ron Wood. Serioulsy though, if you can't hear the obvious similarities (one might say blatant thievery) you might want to get your ears checked.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• This song is so great.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Look, The Faces suck. Rod Stewart fucking sucks. Fuck The Faces. Fuck Rod Stewart. Fuck Stay With Me. I don't need to get my ears checked, you need to find out why you were born without taste.
                          Man, that is really funny. Get a grip and lighten up, just sad. Enjoy you shitty Black Crowes and try to figure out why you were born with a stick up your ass.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Me: "Some guy on this website is telling me to listen to The Faces with Rod Stewart."

Coworker: "Tell him to wash his vagina out and shut the fuck up."

Me: "Lol"
                            Did you actually SAY "lol" or did you laugh?

Just wondering...

And I like both The Faces and the Black Crowes. I just checked, I do NOT have a vagina.

And I'm listening to an old Eminem album right now. Very work appropriate. I'm a man of many tastes.

Comment

Lighten up? You shit talk the music I post and tell me to listen to fucking Rod Stewart instead. YOU should lighten up or shut up. Don't tell me what music to like. Don't cry like a little girl when I tell you that your recommendation sucks. Your response to my post has been mega douchey two times over. Comparing the Black Crowes to Justin Bieber? Facefuckingpalm.

I have to deal with you guys circle jerking over terrible alt music all day long and bloviating about how wonderful alt-country is (fucking puke --- yet, remember how you cried when I talked shit about the genre?). Rod Stewart can suck it (if he's not too busy with an Italian soccer player).

Me: "Some guy on this website is telling me to listen to The Faces with Rod Stewart."

Coworker: "Tell him to wash his vagina out and shut the fuck up."

Me: "Lol"
                              I forgot how funny you are when your knickers get in a bunch. I was trying to be helpful and suggest a band I like a lot (that sounds exactly like the band you like and I promise you the Black Crowes love The Faces; in fact I found a message board that had links to download the Black Crowes covering several Faces songs; including Stay With Me give me your email address and I'll send you the mp3 ) but you decided to shit all over my suggestion. So I decided to have a little fun with you with the Bieber comment; mission accomplished. I don't recall drying like a girl but i do remember your expletive filled rant about the Faces that I found funny.

I couldn't give two shits whether you like alt country or not, I only vaguely remember the posts about it, what I remember more is you constantly bringing it up like an old dying man talking about his one day in the sun in the big leagues. Perhaps I take music too seriously (but music is important enough to take seriously) and it comes off as arrogant or snobbish but I assure you that's not my intention.

The funny thing is I bet there are a lot of the same bands we both like.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Me: "I love these guys."

Bucky: "Screw those guys."

Yeah, I guess it was my bad for not seeing it as being an attempt at being helpful. LOL. Durr.
                                Stop dodging the real issue. Did you, or did you not, actually SAY "lol"?

Comment

Working...
                                X