No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is helpful Mith, none of us have ever heard of this Lady Gaga, thanks for introducing her to us.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      This is helpful Mith, none of us have ever heard of this Lady Gaga, thanks for introducing her to us.
      Well given the attitudes about music on this site, i'd be shocked if more than a few ever listened to her music. And isn't this thread about "excellent music you've heard lately"?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Nothing about Lady Gaga's music will ever be classified as "exceelent" by me

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          Nothing about Lady Gaga's music will ever be classified as "exceelent" by me
          too bad for you ...

Some of the songs picked in the recent 'desert island' draft for the 2000's pale in comparison to some of Lady Gaga's best stuff. Even some of the songs i really liked.
          Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-13-2011, 12:55 PM.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            too bad for you ...

Some of the songs picked in the recent 'desert island' draft for the 2000's pale in comparison to some of Lady Gaga's best stuff. Even some of the songs i really liked.
            How could you deny the brilliance of this?

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
            Roma-roma-mamaa!
            Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
            Want your bad romance

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              How could you deny the brilliance of this?

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
              Roma-roma-mamaa!
              Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
              Want your bad romance
              Typical...you pick out a few goofy lyrics from an otherwise epic pop song....

It's better than anything the Arcade Fire ever did

I know..white males between the ages of 18-50 can't relate to her lyrics, so I understand why they don't really listen to her music...

Comment

• Mith, you and Taylor Swift can hang out and not listen to the back catalog of Cheap Trick.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Mith, you and Taylor Swift can hang out and not listen to the back catalog of Cheap Trick.

The thing is Bucky...I like Taylor Swift and Cheap Trick!! I saw Cheap Trick in concert in 1985..kick ass show...

Just for the naysayers:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    The thing is Bucky...I like Taylor Swift and Cheap Trick!! I saw Cheap Trick in concert in 1985..kick ass show...

Just for the naysayers:

Is that from Cats?

Comment

• Wonderfully eccentric female artists who make proper music

1.01 Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Comment

• 1.02 Deerhoof

Incidentally, Greg Saunier is my favourite drummer ... he has my air-drumming technique down to a tee! Never saw them live ... I hope I get the chance.

Comment

• 1.03 Bjork

Comment

• 1.04 PJ Harvey

Comment

• 1.05 Cat Power

Comment

• Let go back a little further, shall we?

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X