No announcement yet.

Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good call on the Miracle album by Queen....really creepy on the faces. Hated the Hot Space cover as well....and the album sucked.

Comment

• Virigin Killer is so cringeworthy the bar is speechless?
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Virigin Killer is so cringeworthy the bar is speechless?
        pretty much, yeah.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Yes, I was seriously wondering whether it has to be taken down or not, even though I recognize it was included as an example of something that never should have been authorized in the first place. :shudder:

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Yes, I was seriously wondering whether it has to be taken down or not, even though I recognize it was included as an example of something that never should have been authorized in the first place. :shudder:
            Context matters.

The visceral power of visual expression is remarkable. If I posted a written description of the killing of virgins in occult rituals, no one would even think about whether it should be taken down.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Yea that's why I asked revo to weigh in before I posted it. What's also disturbing is that copies of it fetch big bucks ($70+).
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Blind Faith is the reigning king of Cringeworthy. No one will even pick it.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  Blind Faith is the reigning king of Cringeworthy. No one will even pick it.
                  Sounds like a couple were considering it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Waiting to hear back from Gregg and hoping someone can reach out to Erik and Foot because I'm sure they'd want to join. How do we want to do categories? By decade? Genre? Random categories? All three? I like the ones proposed this far. Another could be "a cover you only found due to joining this draft".

It will of course skew heavily towards rock genre so it could be cool to require other genres, but not if it's going to ruin the fun.
                    All anyone has to do to reach me is send a PM. I get notifications about those through email.

Not sure if I'd have been able to do this one because work has been extremely busy and I am color blind so visual art isn't really my thing.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      All anyone has to do to reach me is send a PM. I get notifications about those through email.

Not sure if I'd have been able to do this one because work has been extremely busy and I am color blind so visual art isn't really my thing.
                      Ok, good to know (re: PMs).
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Blind Faith is legendary. I suggested NSFW with it in mind.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I went through my albums this weekend and found this Weird Al pick.....until then I completely forgot the LOL/Humor in his Album covers!

Fantastic redo on BAD to be FAT......the crew's opening line of "Yo Ding Dong, man! Ding Dong, Ding Dong Yo!" is hilarious!

Comment

• nice pick with the Blakey blue note cover ... you're making me go searching ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• My second 10CC album cover. I wish there music was as good as the art.

Comment

• Fletch?!? Get outta town!

As much as I love the movie, I never thought of the soundtrack (which I find to be, uhhh, underwhelming for the mid-1980s).

Comment

Working...
                                X