Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Another category I thought of was: Album You Purchased Only Because of its Cover. But I don't know how many of us actually buy records. Anyways, I just picked up a new one today because the cover is stunning. Granted, I'm a fan so I'm confident the music will be excellent as well. I'll post later.
    I was thinking about this myself but want to make it even more about the cover art

What album did you ever buy because the cover looked interesting or sharp?

not knowing the group - or hearing it - just thinking "that looks cool"

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      I was thinking about this myself but want to make it even more about the cover art

What album did you ever buy because the cover looked interesting or sharp?

not knowing the group - or hearing it - just thinking "that looks cool"
      I've bought quite a few song unheard so to speak. I'll post some at the end of the draft.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Oh Lucky, you just don't relent! Time Out is my favorite jazz album and will be up on my wall.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Oh Lucky, you just don't relent! Time Out is my favorite jazz album and will be up on my wall.
          that is a very hip artistic cover - I dig it

Comment

• Yeah, love the brubeck pick.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Just so you all know, I'll be making up my own categories from here on out.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                Just so you all know, I'll be making up my own categories from here on out.
                Sounds good. Actually looks good, it is a covers draft

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Sounds good. Actually looks good, it is a covers draft
                  You were up 😯🤔🤐

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    You were up ������
                    My next pick:

Comment

• Is that how those emotes I posted from my phone look ... Hmmm

Comment

• Pick made...back to Overkill......

Always loved the Boston spaceship album cover. Plus it's sentimental as the first album I bought as a teenager.

Comment

• Brilliant choice with the Frank Zappa album!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            Brilliant choice with the Frank Zappa album!!!
                            thx gris, I remembered seeing it at a friend's place in the early 80's ... I don't think those neurons had fired in 35+ years until this draft started ... strange how memory works.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              thx gris, I remembered seeing it at a friend's place in the early 80's ... I don't think those neurons had fired in 35+ years until this draft started ... strange how memory works.
                              I actually LOL'd

Never heard of that album.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I actually LOL'd

Never heard of that album.
                                Zappa did some interesting stuff musically in the late 70's & early 80's

edit: of course he was interesting throughout his entire career, not just then ...

Comment

Working...
                                X