No announcement yet.

Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the best LZ cover still around at the end of the 5th? Wish You Were Here in the 5th also.

We need to have a serious discussion here. The classical crew are really letting themselves, their families, classic rock, and the website down this draft. This wouldn't have happened if Erik were around!

Physical Graffiti contains my 2 favourite LZ songs, Ten Years Gone and Kashmir. So very happy to add it to team "Classic Rock is Overrated"

Comment

• It's funny, I completely overlooked Physical Graffiti. Not sure why, it was probably one of my most played albums from the 70's & 80's. And I do really like the cover art. Nice grab, tho you're right, we shouldn't have let it fall this far.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Why is the best LZ cover still around at the end of the 5th? Wish You Were Here in the 5th also.

We need to have a serious discussion here. The classical crew are really letting themselves, their families, classic rock, and the website down this draft. This wouldn't have happened if Erik were around!

Physical Graffiti contains my 2 favourite LZ songs, Ten Years Gone and Kashmir. So very happy to add it to team "Classic Rock is Overrated"

Jeez, I took ABB at the Fillmore and Layla. I only get so many picks. I figured I could grab all the LZ while you guys were picking bjork and hole and what have you. NTTAWWT. I like bjork and hole and what have you. Just not that damned Neutral Milk Hotel.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Beatles, Bowie, VU, and Zep say hi.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Skip me and I will come back. I want to see if they still make album covers

Comment

• Sorry guys....didn't know I was up. Went with Magical Mystery Tour for great album, terrible cover!

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                Sorry guys....didn't know I was up. Went with Magical Mystery Tour for great album, terrible cover!
                Good one! That was my back-up pick for that category.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• You guys let the banana album fall to 4.10? I want in your fantasy baseball leagues.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    You guys let the banana album fall to 4.10? I want in your fantasy baseball leagues.
                    I considered taking it at 1.03!
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                      Sorry guys....didn't know I was up. Went with Magical Mystery Tour for great album, terrible cover!
                      Awful!
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Who is winning?

Comment

• Another category I thought of was: Album You Purchased Only Because of its Cover. But I don't know how many of us actually buy records. Anyways, I just picked up a new one today because the cover is stunning. Granted, I'm a fan so I'm confident the music will be excellent as well. I'll post later.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Who is winning?
                            Everyone present.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              I considered taking it at 1.03!
                              I kept asking myself ... do I really like it or not. it's iconic, I love the album, but do I love the cover?

Plus, I knew you'd take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Who is winning?
                                Not winning is the only failure in a Sports bar draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X