Recount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    He did say something like - give me your best shot after losing the avatar bet.
    I guess I missed that. Did he actually change his avatar?

Comment

Why would we call the police if someone belittles women or minorities? If someone is physically assaulting someone - no matter woman, guy, black, white, any religion - for no reason then yes we should defend the weaker person. However, if you are advocating police monitoring peoples speech - I dont want to go down that road.
      You do it because it's their job...there are plenty of statues against hate speech, if you and others don't use them, the police won't enforce them. The road is already there...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        I gather you never met either of them.

there goes the "nice stuff" reference ...
        Heh, I've met them both. They're solid guys.

Sometimes our online personas dont truly capture our essence.

I'm living proof.

Comment

Calling someone a derogatory remark is not against the law. Where is the line??

If an Oriental calls some Irish guy a Mick - is that hate speech?
          If a Black guy calls some white guy a Cracker - is that hate speech?
          If an Italian calls a Polack an dumb F'er - is that hate speech?
          If a black guy calls a black guy a Nword - is that hate speech?
          If a woman calls a guy a Hot Piece of Ass - is that hate speech?
          If a guy tells a woman her dress looks nice - is that hate speech?

Where is the line - and dont give me some bullshit about hate speech can only come from those in power crap. Sure it makes sense to not allow people to scream FIRE in the theater (I give that). We should not be promoting laws based on what may or may not offend one person or the next.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Where is the line - and dont give me some bullshit about hate speech can only come from those in power crap. Sure it makes sense to not allow people to scream FIRE in the theater (I give that). We should not be promoting laws based on what may or may not offend one person or the next.
            Oriental? Uh oh...
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

oooops - Asian American - better???
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

oooops - Asian American - better???
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                  Sure. Posted about how great the numbers looked for Hillary in Florida on Election Day and then poof, he was gone the next day. Because of his career or something. Lol.
                  Yep. What a coincidence! It had nothing to do with changing his avatar. None.

Here's a question -- why is it only White Christians who have a problem with being PC?

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    That's believable in the case of the guy who was using his actual real-life nickname as a user name. The other guy... not so much, unless he's using "El Diablo 505" in some professional capacity.

But it's kind of you to attempt to provide him a graceful exit.
                    I'm not using my real name, but there are a few times I've come close to doing the same. A lot people here know my real name and it wouldn't take much for that to become obvious to some reporter who was doing some digging. A lot of people knew ElD's real name, and depending on the nature of his new job I can see why he wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Those of you who think ElD was such a sensitive flower that he couldn't handle losing must have known a different ElD than me.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Here's a question -- why is it only White Christians who have a problem with being PC?
                      Yeah all those White Christians like Bill Maher, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Jerry Seinfeld, Joe Rogan and the like. These guys are the standard bearers for White Christians, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I'm not using my real name, but there are a few times I've come close to doing the same. A lot people here know my real name and it wouldn't take much for that to become obvious to some reporter who was doing some digging. A lot of people knew ElD's real name, and depending on the nature of his new job I can see why he wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Those of you who think ElD was such a sensitive flower that he couldn't handle losing must have known a different ElD than me.
                        I know the name of a few people due to facebook. Could I pick them out in a line-up - well only my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          That's believable in the case of the guy who was using his actual real-life nickname as a user name. The other guy... not so much, unless he's using "El Diablo 505" in some professional capacity.

But it's kind of you to attempt to provide him a graceful exit.
                          505 is the area code where he lives. He's provided enough personal details here over the years that if someone wanted to piece stuff together, it would not have been that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            I understand your caution in your situation. I think it unlikely that his professional colleagues or the media could or would link him to his posts here.

I'm pretty sure none of my professional colleagues know that I post in an obscure baseball forum as a cantankerous sheep who enjoys poking at people's political nonsense. They could probably figure it out, and if they did... well, what do I care? I don't post anything here that I wouldn't back up in real life. I'm sure if I had a litany of angry, trolling, profanity-laced posts sitting out on the interwebs, I might feel differently.

Given the timing of his disappearance and his general temperament, I lean towards rage quit. Not that it really matters.

Comment

Well, when he shows back up after the Democrats dominate the mid-terms, I guess we'll have our answer.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Well, when he shows back up after the Democrats dominate the mid-terms, I guess we'll have our answer.
                                If the Dems want to dominate mid-terms they better figure out how to talk to the middle class and get rid of the identity politics.

Comment

Working...
                                X