The Republican National Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    The bartender needs to clear out the taps in this place, because something's sure in the water that's causing madness here.
    funny, the water does this every four years.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• The president of our country shouldn't be a fucking clown. We are the United States of America, the most powerful country in the world, and shame on all of us if that's our fucking president. We aren't Bolivia or Georgia or Mynamar
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yeah, I'm shocked to the core that the WaPo is aligning to the far left point of view.

Peddle the irrational fear, guys. And then accuse Trump of doing the same.
        I'm a "Never Thump" guy, but I'm equally "Never Hillary" so I have no idea how I'll vote. Maybe I'll just write in a politician or private citizen I hold in high regard. I'm in Illinois so my vote hardly makes a difference as according to 538 Illinois is likely 94% to go to HRC.

Regardless, sort of sitting this one out, having no dog in the fight, being equally disappointted by the extreme rhetoric on both sides is sad. But I think your comment above is correct. I just don't think the people you're speaking to can "hear" you and if you were speaking towards the other side they not hear it as well.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yeah, I'm shocked to the core that the WaPo is aligning to the far left point of view.

Peddle the irrational fear, guys. And then accuse Trump of doing the same.
          Is WaPo far left now? I must have missed that.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Is WaPo far left now? I must have missed that.
            Their editorials certainly are not anywhere near the middle.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like y'all weren't making the same claims when GWB and Darth Cheney were in office. I realize in your world, when liberals make these claims that protest is the highest form of dissent, but when the GOP does it it's a scare tactic.
              C'mon Chance, why is everyone who opposes this schmuck as president labeled a "liberal?" I've been a moderate Republican since 1988, always voted for the best candidate for president regardless of party affiliation (I'm 7-0!) and like Hornsby, I don't want a racist, bigoted moron who spews bullshit just to land gullible voters to be our president.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                C'mon Chance, why is everyone who opposes this schmuck as president labeled a "liberal?" I've been a moderate Republican since 1988, always voted for the best candidate for president regardless of party affiliation (I'm 7-0!) and like Hornsby, I don't want a racist, bigoted moron who spews bullshit just to land gullible voters to be our president.
                Agreed.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thirded.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I've voted for more Republicans than Democrats in my lifetime, but George Will and I are apparently nutso conspiracy-theory liberals now. Oh well.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I've voted for more Republicans than Democrats in my lifetime, but George Will and I are apparently nutso conspiracy-theory liberals now. Oh well.
                      This makes me happy to hear - As a nutso liberal I dont want to see the dangerous Trump win and want to hear from more moderate republicans who understand that this is a real good time to not just vote Trump republican as a habit without thought

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        This makes me happy to hear - As a nutso liberal I dont want to see the dangerous Trump win and want to hear from more moderate republicans who understand that this is a real good time to not just vote Trump republican as a habit without thought
                        I'm doing my best to try to convince my Republican comrades to not vote for Trump.

It's not easy.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

And I've labeled you a liberal when? Hornsby is a liberal, and yes, the "tearing up the Constitution line" was used by multiple liberal media outlets during GWB/Cheney's tenure.

Given your Section 8 point of view, you are correct; liberal is not a label I'd go for at all.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            I've voted for more Republicans than Democrats in my lifetime, but George Will and I are apparently nutso conspiracy-theory liberals now. Oh well.
                            Hey, the challenge is issued. I'm still waiting for an explanation on how Trump will become a "strongman dictator", or whatever other silliness has been banded about on him assuming absolute power.

I get why people don't like him, and don't want to vote for him to a large degree. That's fine. But if you're someone who's bandying about that he'll take absolute power if elected or become some sort of dictator, yeah, I hold to my accusation of nutso-conspiracy theorist. Or, it's simply a hypocritical ploy to use fear in the same way that the Trump campaign is accused of using it (which, BTW, is where I think Will is coming from and I'm pretty disappointed).
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Chance, you are waiting for something that was not meant in way you processed it, and you know it. Bfly, I think, said "watching the rhetoric of a truly dangerous potential strongman dictator President" which you decided was crazy talk, and in your head meant a MSNBC watcher, as you said, thinks Trump will assume absolute power. It was meant simply as Trump is a loudmouth spewing dangerous ideas without any kind of filter from a position of ignorance, and will hurt the country in all kinds of ways coming from a perspective of being clueless about the constitution as well as being a truly not good person. You can sit down and consider all the ways a President can hurt the country, or you can get stuck on your interpretation of what was said by "watching the rhetoric of a truly dangerous potential strongman dictator President".

You can google top 20 or whatever Trump quotes said in this election cycle, and no reasonable person could think you were dealing with someone who should be President based on them, and it does not matter if you heard the quotes on MSNBC or CNN or whatever, the guy actually says really unprecedented, dangerous and ignorant things very often.

Comment

And I've labeled you a liberal when? Hornsby is a liberal, and yes, the "tearing up the Constitution line" was used by multiple liberal media outlets during GWB/Cheney's tenure.

Given your Section 8 point of view, you are correct; liberal is not a label I'd go for at all.
                                Yup...I'm a liberal...again. I also voted for both Bushes, twice, and numerous GOP Senators and Congressmen, so it's not like being a conservative was a terminal disease.

I became a liberal again within the past decade, when I've see 1st hand the policies of greed the leaders of the GOP have. They tear down the poor so that the rich can make even more money that they can't possibly spend, which is why we have such a widening divide since the 60's. We used to have a 91% tax rate on the super rich, and that wasn't a bad thing. Corporations used to be corporate CITIZENS in the truest sense of the phrase. They were part of the community, and the CEO might live down the block from you, not in a gated community making 1000 times what his average worker did. Race relations were progressing, not regressing. And on, and on, and on...

We can do it again, but not with the current policies of the GOP...Ironically, Trump might just be the weird wild card to make something positive happen, but I'm not willing to take the chance to find that out. Better the devil you know, than the one that you don't.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X