'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Weren't you also positive that Sanders would be our next president?
    That was before I went to the Sausage factory.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Incitement to violence appears very obviously to appeal to Trump supporters. I've never seen anything like it.
      which is why I think the GOP Convention is the one more likely to devolve into violence
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post

There hasn't been a president in the past 150 years that wasn't one of the two major parties. The only serious third party candidate in that time was Nader who caught hell for even doing that.

John Anderson weeps, Ross Perot pulls out a chart, George Wallace seethes
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky
          That shows what you know. Teddy Roosevelt finished with 27% in 1912. Bob LaFollette got 16% in 1924. George Wallace got 13% in 1968. Ross Perot got 19% in 1992. Nader was a joke, and a spoiler. Nader can kiss my ass.

The Party isn't suppose to represent All the people's will. The party is supposed to represent the will of all those people who belong to the party. Sort of like a union doesn't represent the will of management or consumers, but only the will of the workers who are members.

You can either join a party and influence the choice of the party, or you can start your own party and pick your own candidate. What you cannot do is make the party pick who you want just because you want them to. Even if you scream really loud and threaten to start trouble at their convention.
          Exactly the response I expected.

This illustrates my point exactly.

I made a comment and you assumed you knew the intent and responded with yet another condescending remark. I at least ask you your intent or meaning as I did with the word 'Justice" I didn't assume anything, I asked. You assumed you understood my point in bringing up Nader rather than every other independent who's run in the past 150 years.

Serious as in, significant, as in the only one to significantly effect the outcome of an election. I'd have been clearer, but it's hard to communicate all my thoughts concisely while typing on a phone, in the stall doing my business. But if you'd taken the time, as I did, I could have explained and maybe you wouldn;t have come off as such a condescending dick.

And THAT'S why there will be shit going down at the convention (no not because I'll be in the stall) but because guys like Lucky will talk down to us ignorant, stupid Sandernistas and someone will get punched in the face.

Sheep's analogy of a sausage factory is brilliant really....the newbie, me and Lucky all visit the factory for a tour. Lucky is a Sausage manager from another plant, knows everything about the piglets. I've eaten sausage my entire life, know it can be bad for you if improperly cooked and have an idea of how it's made. the newbie's only just started eating sausage and never read an article on what even goes into the links. During the tour we get to the grinding and stuffing part. The newbie throws up, I'm really grossed out and Lucky says. "How could you not know how sausage is made? Why would anyone be so stupid as to put something in their body without knowing EVERYTHING about it!! I mean any kid who's taken home ec in high school knows this. Newbie throws up on Lucky, I laugh as he slips on the vomit and falls on his butt while I'm thinking, Serves you right you smug ass.

Is t rational? NO, but it's going to happen because if the other Sandernistas are anything like me, They'll be going there with that already in their minds.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            John Anderson weeps, Ross Perot pulls out a chart, George Wallace seethes
            At least you didn't respond--Show's what you know :P

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              So her apologizing for what appears to be another lack of judgement will be enough for her to gain the faith of the people? Her numbers right now are worse than they have ever been and we really are not seeing anything to improve them.

Are these really the best either party has to offer?
              This is where the Donald can ream her a new one. Let the National Review claim that the report cites criminal misconduct (they have, see below). Trump will claim she is incompetent. "If I wanted to flout the rules", Trump will claim, "I would not have been so clumsy." Her whole resume is like that. Clinton has no accomplishments to stand on, so she can be mocked as an incompetent placeholder. Heaven knows Trump had enough practice on his TV show.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                this is where the donald can ream her a new one. Let the national review claim that the report cites criminal misconduct (they have, see below). Trump will claim she is incompetent. "if i wanted to flout the rules", trump will claim, "i would not have been so clumsy." her whole resume is like that. Clinton has no accomplishments to stand on, so she can be mocked as an incompetent placeholder. Heaven knows trump had enough practice on his tv show.

j
                hodor!!!
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Exactly the response I expected.

This illustrates my point exactly.

I made a comment and you assumed you knew the intent and responded with yet another condescending remark. I at least ask you your intent or meaning as I did with the word 'Justice" I didn't assume anything, I asked. You assumed you understood my point in bringing up Nader rather than every other independent who's run in the past 150 years.

Serious as in, significant, as in the only one to significantly effect the outcome of an election. I'd have been clearer, but it's hard to communicate all my thoughts concisely while typing on a phone, in the stall doing my business. But if you'd taken the time, as I did, I could have explained and maybe you wouldn;t have come off as such a condescending dick.

And THAT'S why there will be shit going down at the convention (no not because I'll be in the stall) but because guys like Lucky will talk down to us ignorant, stupid Sandernistas and someone will get punched in the face.

Sheep's analogy of a sausage factory is brilliant really....the newbie, me and Lucky all visit the factory for a tour. Lucky is a Sausage manager from another plant, knows everything about the piglets. I've eaten sausage my entire life, know it can be bad for you if improperly cooked and have an idea of how it's made. the newbie's only just started eating sausage and never read an article on what even goes into the links. During the tour we get to the grinding and stuffing part. The newbie throws up, I'm really grossed out and Lucky says. "How could you not know how sausage is made? Why would anyone be so stupid as to put something in their body without knowing EVERYTHING about it!! I mean any kid who's taken home ec in high school knows this. Newbie throws up on Lucky, I laugh as he slips on the vomit and falls on his butt while I'm thinking, Serves you right you smug ass.

Is t rational? NO, but it's going to happen because if the other Sandernistas are anything like me, They'll be going there with that already in their minds.
                  Doig,

Sorry I didn't understand the intent behind your decision not to mention what most scholars consider the most important third party campaigns in the last 150 years. And I'm sorry I didn't realize you were taking a dump. Truly, it was my fault for not waiting until you had finished, rather than your fault, as I should have anticipated your toilet needs.

And I'm very sorry for being a condescending dick. I know this had to sting, since the whole concept of being a concept of being a condescending dick is something foreign and disturbing to you. I will endeavor to avoid that in the future.

It is difficult to apologize for the Sausage Factory incident, as it was hypothetical, but I will offer a hypothetical apology nonetheless. I apologize hypothetically. I'm glad you were so well versed in the sausage arts that you were not offended by my hypothetical conduct, but I am concerned about the newbie's hypothetical feelings. I feel certain I would not treat a newbie like that in person, as opposed to a post on a board such as this, but since it was right there in the hypothetical scenario I don't guess I can deny that it happened.

In light of this heartfelt apology, I am hoping you will do me one favor. In reply to my post No. 788, you said "Exactly the response I expected." In the future, if you would be so kind, please notify me in advance when you know exactly how I will respond to a given post. I will then refrain from responding, saving time, effort, and wear on my equipment. You, at your option, may respond to what I would have posted. I will assume you will have predicted my post correctly. I see this as a win-win.

Comment

• Dear Lucky,

You suck, dude.

Once again, I must ask my IT department for a new keyboard. And once again, I must explain to my boss about this guy Lucky who made me laugh so hard that Mountain Dew was spit up all over my keyboard.

Bastard.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                      Doig,

Sorry I didn't understand the intent behind your decision not to mention what most scholars consider the most important third party campaigns in the last 150 years. And I'm sorry I didn't realize you were taking a dump. Truly, it was my fault for not waiting until you had finished, rather than your fault, as I should have anticipated your toilet needs.

And I'm very sorry for being a condescending dick. I know this had to sting, since the whole concept of being a concept of being a condescending dick is something foreign and disturbing to you. I will endeavor to avoid that in the future.

It is difficult to apologize for the Sausage Factory incident, as it was hypothetical, but I will offer a hypothetical apology nonetheless. I apologize hypothetically. I'm glad you were so well versed in the sausage arts that you were not offended by my hypothetical conduct, but I am concerned about the newbie's hypothetical feelings. I feel certain I would not treat a newbie like that in person, as opposed to a post on a board such as this, but since it was right there in the hypothetical scenario I don't guess I can deny that it happened.

In light of this heartfelt apology, I am hoping you will do me one favor. In reply to my post No. 788, you said "Exactly the response I expected." In the future, if you would be so kind, please notify me in advance when you know exactly how I will respond to a given post. I will then refrain from responding, saving time, effort, and wear on my equipment. You, at your option, may respond to what I would have posted. I will assume you will have predicted my post correctly. I see this as a win-win.
                      Not to worry.

We'll see you at the convention.

I'll be eating bacon while taking a piss.

This is where you respond :

Good Argument.

Now go get Chance a new keyboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Dear Lucky,

You suck, dude.

Once again, I must ask my IT department for a new keyboard. And once again, I must explain to my boss about this guy Lucky who made me laugh so hard that Mountain Dew was spit up all over my keyboard.

Bastard.
                        People still drink mountain dew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                          People still drink mountain dew?
                          Normally diet for me now, though I still slip in the occasional leaded.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Fwiw lucky, I am a dick at times, an arrogant one, obnoxious one but not really a condescending one..... Though I am taking notes.

Comment

• Don't sell yourself short, Doig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                                Don't sell yourself short, Doig.
                                When it comes to dick, I never do

Comment

Working...
                                X