No announcement yet.

'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus Ginsburg is 83, Kennedy is nearly 80 and Breyer is nearly 78. Let Trump nominate 4 new justices and see how the "revolution" fairs with a 7-2 conservative court.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      Sure, if she's indicted and nominates I lose

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
        Sure, if she's indicted and nominates I lose
        Too many variables there. I'm only looking at the indictment.

Comment

Too many variables there. I'm only looking at the indictment.
          so is she............

Thank you Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Try the veal.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            so is she............

Thank you Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Try the veal.
            For the bet, Shecky. Only looking at the indictment for the bet. Not the indictment, (election) and nomination. By the Convention. One month avatar bet. (If Jason still allows them.)

BTW, did you notice Washington last night? Sort of ran contrary to Bernie's "the more people who vote, the better I do" claim, didn't it?

You know, if they do away with Supers, they are going to do away with caucuses, too.

SheckyStory1.jpg

Comment

For the bet, Shecky. Only looking at the indictment for the bet. Not the indictment, (election) and nomination. By the Convention. One month avatar bet. (If Jason still allows them.)

BTW, did you notice Washington last night? Sort of ran contrary to Bernie's "the more people who vote, the better I do" claim, didn't it?

You know, if they do away with Supers, they are going to do away with caucuses, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]753[/ATTACH]
              I don't think she'll be indicted. I was using Humor.

Come on Lucky, Washington had it's caucus and awarded delegates in march. The Primary meant nothing and Sanders supporters were encouraged not to bother.

Sanders got 74 to 27 in delegates it was an ass kicking.

Not a great example and I'd LOVE for every primary in every state to be the same, open and available for registration day of. Same process in every state.

Supers, if you really want to change the system, need to go.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Brilliant John Oliver Bit...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I was going to post this on Monday - but the last time I posted it a video some found it would take to long to watch and listen.

John Oliver is very often spot on!
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• He's right about MOST of it, he does look like a Toucan in heat working for Shillary!

I keed I keed

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      I don't think she'll be indicted. I was using Humor.

Come on Lucky, Washington had it's caucus and awarded delegates in march. The Primary meant nothing and Sanders supporters were encouraged not to bother.

Sanders got 74 to 27 in delegates it was an ass kicking.

Not a great example and I'd LOVE for every primary in every state to be the same, open and available for registration day of. Same process in every state.

Supers, if you really want to change the system, need to go.
                      Well, humor is difficult.

I couldn't find anything showing that Bernie encouraged his people not to vote in the Washington primary. Seems to me they would want to prove their caucus win wasn't a fluke.
                      Last edited by ; 05-25-2016, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Well, humor is a difficult.

I couldn't find anything showing that Bernie encouraged his people not to vote in the Washington primary. Seems to me they would want to prove their caucus win wasn't a fluke.
                        The entire primary/caucus process is a fluke.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I just heard something I found hard to believe. Someone said Comey, the FBI guy, has stated that if Hillary is not indicted he will resign. If he said that, he might have screwed the pooch and given Hillary's lawyers a reason to have any indictment tossed out.

A person heading up an investigation, or in any position of authority or control, can have no personal bias or personal stake in the outcome of the investigation or of a subsequent prosecution. This is LEO 101. Saying he will quit if the case doesn't go the way he wants it to could be seen as tainting the entire investigation, including all evidence obtained.

Something isn't right here.

Comment

I just heard something I found hard to believe. Someone said Comey, the FBI guy, has stated that if Hillary is not indicted he will resign. If he said that, he might have screwed the pooch and given Hillary's lawyers a reason to have any indictment tossed out.

A person heading up an investigation, or in any position of authority or control, can have no personal bias or personal stake in the outcome of the investigation or of a subsequent prosecution. This is LEO 101. Saying he will quit if the case doesn't go the way he wants it to could be seen as tainting the entire investigation, including all evidence obtained.

It's obvious, isn't it? Comey was most certainly bought off by Vince Foster...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I just heard something I found hard to believe. Someone said Comey, the FBI guy, has stated that if Hillary is not indicted he will resign. If he said that, he might have screwed the pooch and given Hillary's lawyers a reason to have any indictment tossed out.

I could see that just as easily, or more likely meaning, me and my team have worked our asses off, and we believe we have incontrovertible evidence of wrong-doing. If, due to politics, Hillery is not indicted, I don't know what I am doing in this job and will quit. Not they way he wants it to go, so much as the way he thinks it should go.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                I could see that just as easily, or more likely meaning, me and my team have worked our asses off, and we believe we have incontrovertible evidence of wrong-doing. If, due to politics, Hillery is not indicted, I don't know what I am doing in this job and will quit. Not they way he wants it to go, so much as the way he thinks it should go.
                                Maybe I'm just cynical...but I am having a hard time seeing an indictment being allowed under any circumstances.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X