Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Answers are in Bold...
    Well then, Steve has spoken and thus it is so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      Come on Lucky, you're better than that. What specifically was irrational about my post? Point out the things that I said specifically that you think are irrational, and if you would, explain why you think they are irrational. Thank you for pointing out the enormous head start Hillary had over Bernie, coming into this race (I already knew what Hillary had done to earn the coverage) Telling me the supers are a reality that I have to accept is basically saying "we know it's bullshit, but we're going to fuck you anyway". If Bernie wins more pledged delegates he deserves the nomination. If the supers then give the nomination to Hillary, that is chicken shit. As you pointed out, this race has been Hillary's since 2008. For Sanders to overcome all of that and be in the position he finds himself in going into New York is nothing short of miraculous. Should he continue on to pull the upset, the supers better fall in line. If they don't, they deserve what they get. The Sanders camp is tired to death of the attitude of entitlement coming from HRC and her supporters. And yes, many many of them are green newbies, but isn't that exciting that Sanders has energized so many newcomers to the political process? As for the bias, you have no further to look than CNN and it's coverage of the debate and everything leading up to it. They make it sound like Bernie and his campaign were the problems with getting the debate scheduled and nothing could be further from the truth. PS, are you going to be there Sunday or just your son?
      Hodor, I'm not saying it's evil, just irrational. Or maybe illogical would be better. You know why HRC earned more early coverage, yet you asked anyway. You decried the superdelegate feature, yet it has been in place for decades and is a part of the system in which your candidate willingly chose to participate. When it looked doubtful that he would get a majority of the pledged delegates, your candidate adopted a strategy of wooing the supers. Now you're saying, illogically, that the supers have to vote the same as the pledged delegates.

I watched piece after piece on the networks about how HRC got her nose out of joint and wouldn't debate Bernie unless he changed his "tone". Made her look horrible. So what is the deal with CNN fussing a little about Bernie? You need a thick skin for politics. Bernie supporters don't have it. They wear Hillary for Prison shirts, but get upset if anyone impugns their guy. I love the devotion, but the overall attitude has started to dissolve my support a little bit, too.

Robert for sure, me probably not.

Comment

• My 20 year old cousin went to see Burnie in philly yesterday.

"Yesterday Bernie Sanders was at the Liacouras Center near Temple. The line went from there to City Hall. The event started at 5 but I didn't get in until about 8pm. I stood in the cold for 3 hrs and didn't get into the main center because it was full. It holds 10,200 people. We were told we probably wouldn't get in, but we can run to the small side gym and Bernie would talk there first. Everyone darted for that gym. I'm glad I ended up there because I was so much closer to Bernie than I would of at the main place. The moment he walked out I started crying tears of joy. Uncontrollable really. He didn't talk for long because he did have a full speech for the main center room, but honestly it was well worth it. To see him that close, to hear his voice, and to be in his presence was enough. I've been told his ideas aren't easily doable or rational, but he's fighting for everyone and understands the struggle of everyone. He doesn't feed into corruption. He is, in my opinion, the most genuine person running to be president. Hands down the best night."
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          My 20 year old cousin went to see Burnie in philly yesterday.

"Yesterday Bernie Sanders was at the Liacouras Center near Temple. The line went from there to City Hall. The event started at 5 but I didn't get in until about 8pm. I stood in the cold for 3 hrs and didn't get into the main center because it was full. It holds 10,200 people. We were told we probably wouldn't get in, but we can run to the small side gym and Bernie would talk there first. Everyone darted for that gym. I'm glad I ended up there because I was so much closer to Bernie than I would of at the main place. The moment he walked out I started crying tears of joy. Uncontrollable really. He didn't talk for long because he did have a full speech for the main center room, but honestly it was well worth it. To see him that close, to hear his voice, and to be in his presence was enough. I've been told his ideas aren't easily doable or rational, but he's fighting for everyone and understands the struggle of everyone. He doesn't feed into corruption. He is, in my opinion, the most genuine person running to be president. Hands down the best night."
          It's nice to read about a young person with so much passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            It's nice to read about a young person with so much passion.
            Well, I do worry that sometimes it seems like her only plan for future stability is to have the national minimum wage increased.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Koch brothers considering backing Hillary..............
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Koch brothers considering backing Hillary..............
                and she quickly said no thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  and she quickly said no thanks
                  That's not the point, but good for her

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Koch brothers considering backing Hillary..............
                    Key clarifications - it's only one of the brothers, and it was pretty qualified. I suspect, based on his comments, that he would throw his support to Hillary if it's a Hillary-Trump campaign.

In any case, if he wants to support Hillary in the general, there's not anything she can do about it.

And, who knows. The Sith Lord may be supporting Hillary now to undermine her support in the primaries, hoping to bring forth the less electable Sanders. Muahahahahaha!!!
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That's not the point, but good for her
                      Kinda is...and Chance is probably right, just a last ditch chance to throw a wrench in the works for HRC. The beautiful thing is that they can throw all the money they want at her campaign, and she doesn't owe them a damn thing.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Kinda is...and Chance is probably right, just a last ditch chance to throw a wrench in the works for HRC. The beautiful thing is that they can throw all the money they want at her campaign, and she doesn't owe them a damn thing.
                        Which is good seeing as how she already owes so much to so many....

The farce is strong in this one.

Comment

Which is good seeing as how she already owes so much to so many....

The farce is strong in this one.
                          :Yawn:

-Warren Ellis

Comment

:Yawn:
                            Is that your smug or elitist response?

Comment

Is that your smug or elitist response?
                              Both actually, is that your angry young man response?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Both actually, is that your angry young man response?
                                Not angry and definitely not young.

But congratulations on becoming the new Kohm, it suits you.

Comment

Working...
                                X