'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
    Are the caucus states getting that small of a voter turnout or are the votes counted differently?
    Caucuses typically have significantly less turnout because of the time commitment involved.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Lots of old Democrats and black Democrats want Hillary Clinton to be the nominee. And because there are more of them than there are young, white Democrats, Clinton is very likely going to be the nominee.
      Clinton also tends to do much better with Latino voters, who'll likely be a real key in winning the general election.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So the Nevada Democratic convention is Saturday and my wife gets an email that over 20% of the Sanders delegates information was lost by the DNC and the don't have enough delegates to represent at the convention. NONE of Hillary's delegates info was lost. I'm an elected sanders delegate, I only found out I was needed through my wife's email.

But I'm sure it's nothing.

NOT the DNC, but rather the NV Dem Party.
        Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 03-31-2016, 10:37 PM.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          So the Nevada Democratic convention is Saturday and my wife gets an email that over 20% of the Sanders delegates information was lost by the DNC and the don't have enough delegates to represent at the convention. NONE of Hillary's delegates info was lost. I'm an elected sanders delegate, I only found out I was needed through my wife's email.

But I'm sure it's nothing.
          Super sketch.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Super sketch.
            Yeah maybe it's just the NV Dem Party everything they've done has been somewhat of a cluster fuck. Thing is, nothing is getting fucked in Bernie's favor.

Again, maybe it's an outlier, maybe this slight I see is imagined, but why is it that not ONE incident of malfeasance has gone against Hillary to date?

I of course am making something out of nothing and again, it's all about me (just beating you to the punch Steve)
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Even MORE fun and intrigue........whomever said caucus format leads to shenanigans wins the prize!

So not only we're 20% of the Sanders delegates info lost (and I must correct, the DP has said a 'few'Clinton delegates info was lost but wont't release numbers. They also sent an email to all sanders delegates who pre registered online that they didn't need to attend the convention as their vote would be counted, which is incorrect and afterward the Dem party sent out a retraction apologizing for the mis information.

Apparently in a caucus, the delegates awarded aren't official until after the state conventions where they are officially tallied and if say--some of the delegates originally pledged for one candidate don;t show up, well they can be replace by únelected' delegates for whichever candidate has extra delegates to fill those spots.

So if Sanders delegates don't show for whatever reason, Clinton supporters can step into those ábandoned' spots and vote Hillary.

It's could also go the other way if Hillary delegates didn't show and a ton of Sanders extras showed up to take their places......'

I'll be there, bringing my Daughter and wife to fill some absent delegate spots--if you catch us on the tube, we'll be the ones in tin foil hats.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And in Arizona they are having open hearings about the suppression issues from their primary.

How is it that this process is so screwed up?
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Sanders just won the Clark County caucus flipping the vote 2950_2390 Clark County is 70% of Nevada. He just won another state and gained in delegates.

Litterally 10000 people here and only half are delegates, most are for Sanders.

Impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                    Sanders just won the Clark County caucus flipping the vote 2965-2385 Clark County is 70% of Nevada. He just won another state and gained in delegates.

Litterally 10000 people here and only half are delegates, most are for Sanders.

Impressive
                    What a cool experience and what an education of the lengths people go to to get their candidate a win.

I had originally thought a primary might be best, but when you experience the passion and commitment of people and the (usually) open discussion of ideas and differences, I must say, I like this method.

of course the usual HRC skulduggery was present in that someone on the Clinton campaign had been allowed into the convention center the night before and had hung 2 huge banners in the front before the sanders campaign was allowed on property and the Sanders campaign bus was told it wasn't going to be allowed to park on property (they brought their lawyer just for shit like this) but eventually was.

While HRC delegates sat inside, Sanders folks were outside where they enjoyed free food and rink and a mobile DJ playing Bernie Raps :P

In the end it was cool to see the power of the people at work as Sanders delegates squashed multiple Clinton efforts including a suspension of the rules so they could get a recount.

On to Wisconsin, where I believe the Bern is up in polling........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Bernie is up 6 in Wisconsin. Margin of error is four points so he's looking good
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Bernie is up 6 in Wisconsin. Margin of error is four points so he's looking good
                        Remember the Michigan Primary? Clinton was given a 100% chance of winning by 538, and polls showed that Sanders was down by more than 20 points. You just don't know that's going to happen...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• An even funnier sidebar....the NDC fired the credentialing chair (the person who ceertifies the vote count) the night before the convention because the lawyer from Hillary's campaign objected in a letter now posted online, to the fact she was a Sanders supporter (the rest of the NDC exec board are HRC supporters) and without her the new Chair got to certify the caucus for Sanders.

Karma.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            An even funnier sidebar....the NDC fired the credentialing chair (the person who ceertifies the vote count) the night before the convention because the lawyer from Hillary's campaign objected in a letter now posted online, to the fact she was a Sanders supporter (the rest of the NDC exec board are HRC supporters) and without her the new Chair got to certify the caucus for Sanders.

Karma.
                            Typical caucus shenanigans that favor Sanders...no wonder he wins all the caucus states!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Tough day for Hillary on Meet the Press:
                              PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.

One half truth and one pants-on-fire. About par for the course I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Tough day for Hillary on Meet the Press:
                                PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.

One half truth and one pantsuit-on-fire. About par for the course I guess.
                                Fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X