*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Robbie Robertson, lead singer and founding member of The Band, died at age 80. RIP.

I just saw this. He had been battling prostate cancer for the last year.

Very sad. Loved his music.

Comment

• Sixto Rodriguez: I Think Of You

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Two superstars from legendary wrestling dynasties died this week:

Former NWA World Champion and WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk, who wrestled for over 50 years as part of the Funk family dynasty (Dory Funk, Dory Funk Jr.), died at age 79.

Current WWE superstar Bray Wyatt, who is the son of former WWF tag team champion Mike Rotunda, nephew of his tag team partner Barry Windham, and grandson of former WWF tag team champion Blackjack Mulligan, died at age 36. RIP.

Comment

• The legendary Bob Barker has died at age 99. RIP.

Comment

The legendary Bob Barker has died at age 99. RIP.

I actually remember him from the old "Truth Or Consequences" TV show when I was little, a game show that I never really understood. For a while, they actually filmed this show from a little town in New Mexico which they named after the show. That's right, there was a town called Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. I think that at some point they renamed it back to the original name, Hot Springs. I didnt know this before but he grew up on an Indian reservation and is a member of the Sioux tribe. I'm thinking this is why he chose to do the show in rural New Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

I actually remember him from the old "Truth Or Consequences" TV show when I was little, a game show that I never really understood. For a while, they actually filmed this show from a little town in New Mexico which they named after the show. That's right, there was a town called Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. I think that at some point they renamed it back to the original name, Hot Springs. I didnt know this before but he grew up on an Indian reservation and is a member of the Sioux tribe. I'm thinking this is why he chose to do the show in rural New Mexico.
              That's interesting, but it seems they only had it there once:

"The city changed its name from Hot Springs[7] to Truth or Consequences as the result of a radio show contest. In March 1950, Ralph Edwards, the host of the popular NBC Radio quiz show Truth or Consequences, announced that he would air the program on its 10th anniversary from the first town that renamed itself after the show; Hot Springs officially changed its name on March 31, 1950, and the program was broadcast from there the following evening. Edwards visited the town during the first weekend of May for the next 50 years."​

Comment

• Legendary singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett, best known for his song “Margaritaville,” has died at age 76. RIP.​

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Oh man that sucks. I saw him three times, at Jones Beach, MSG & Great Woods. Forever a Parrothead. RIP Jimmy.

Comment

• Steve Harwell, co-founder and former lead singer of the group Smash Mouth, died at age 56. RIP.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gary Wright, who had hits with “Dream Weaver” and “Love is Alive” in the mid-70s, died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

Gary Wright, who had hits with “Dream Weaver” and “Love is Alive” in the mid-70s, died at age 80. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Roger Whittaker passes at 87.

Comment

• Here's one you guys missed. I just learned that David LaFlamme, violinist and vocalist of the group "It's a Beautiful Day", passed on 8/6/23. Never been that much into rock but I've always liked "It's a Beautiful Day" ("White Bird", "Bombay Calling" and others). I tried to go see them much later in their career in a "Summer of Love Revisited" concert but didnt get there in time. He was 82 y/o. RIP.

Comment

• David McCallum, who's top roles included Ilya Kuryakin on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" and Ducky on "NCIS" died at age 90. RIP.

image.png

Comment

Working...
                                X