*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    John Mayall, often referred to as the “godfather of the British blues", has died at age 90. RIP​

Wow that was 34 years ago!

Comment

• Eric Clapton pays tribute to his long-time friend and mentor John Mayall:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Legendary golfer Chi-Chi Rodriguez died at age 88. RIP.

Legendary professional wrestler Kevin Sullivan died at age 74. RIP.

Maurice Williams, lead singer of Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs, who had a number 1 hit with "Stay" in 1960 (more famously covered by Jackson Browne), died at age 86. RIP.

Comment

• Wally "Famous" Amos, scion of his eponymous cookie empire and once a hugely successful Hollywood entertainment agent, died at age 88. RIP.

Gena Rowlands, a multiple time Emmy & Oscar nominated actress, died at age 94. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Holy crap, Matthew Perry drowned in a jacuzzi at age 54. RIP.
            Multiple arrests have been made in connection with Matthew Perry’s death, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the situation.​

The actor died on October 28, 2023 as a result of “acute effects of ketamine” and subsequent drowning, according to the Los Angeles Medical Examiner’s Office autopsy report.

Ketamine has seen a surge in use in recent years as a treatment for depression, anxiety and pain. People close to Perry told coroner’s investigators that he was undergoing ketamine infusion therapy before his death and he was being treated by at least two doctors, according to The Associated Press.​

The levels of the drug found in his system were too high and were the amount normally given for surgery, the medical examiner said.

His last infusion was a week and a half before his death, meaning that the drug at the levels found was not prescribed by a doctor.
            Last edited by madducks; 08-15-2024, 12:35 PM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Peter Marshall, legendary host of "The Hollywood Squares" and father of former KC Royal 1B Pete LaCock, died at age 98. RIP.

Greg Kihn, lead singer of the Greg Kihn Band ("Jeopardy," "The Breakup Song") died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

Greg Kihn, lead singer of the Greg Kihn Band ("Jeopardy," "The Breakup Song") died at age 74. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  RIP... but this is simply a Weird Al song to me haha

Comment

• Jack Russell, founder and lead singer of the hair metal band Great White, died at age 63. RIP.

Comment

Jack Russell, founder and lead singer of the hair metal band Great White, died at age 63. RIP.
                      Unfortunately, Jack Russell will be best remembered for being one of four people along with his tour manager and two club owners whose negligence killed 100 people and injured more than 200 in the 2003 Station Nightclub fire in Rhode Island.​ This tragedy was caused by using pyrotechnics in a small venue that had walls and ceilings that were covered with flammable materials.

If you are not familiar with the 2003 Station Nightclub fire, I highly recommend that you read "Killer Show" by John Barylick which I previously reviewed in another thread. If you just read the first few pages, you won't be able to put this book down.

This captivating book tells of the many mistakes, some honest and some not, by numerous parties that caused this terrible tragedy. It covers in great detail the 90 seconds that club patrons and employees had to escape the fast spreading fire and how some just made it by a few seconds and how some were a few seconds too late. There's the miraculous story of the guy who was found alive under the pile of dead and burned bodies in the entryway with only a few minor burns on his leg. It's also an educational read for fire safety and the science behind fires and certain flammable materials. The stories of the victims and survivors are very sad. The incredible response by the hospitals and the medical personnel setting up and operating the triage across the street was truly inspiring. The investigation and prosecution of the responsible parties makes for a very compelling read.
                      Last edited by madducks; 08-25-2024, 05:35 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Phil Donahue, pioneering and influential daytime talk show host, has died at age 88. RIP.

Remembering The Life Of Talk Show Pioneer Phil Donahue.

Last edited by madducks; 08-19-2024, 05:11 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The historic Jay Littleton Ball Park in Ontario, California featured in films A League of Their Own, Eight Men Out, and The Babe was destroyed in an overnight fire Thursday.​ Jay Littleton Ballpark was 87 years old. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 2x WWF Champion Sycho Sid died at age 63. RIP.

Scott Thorson, Liberace's lover and author of "Behind the Candelabra," died at age 65. RIP.

Comment

• Columbus Blue Jackets' 7x All-Star winger and 2017 Lady Byng Trophy winner Johnny Gaudreau and his brother Matthew were killed by a drunk driver while riding bikes. So awful. RIP.

Comment

• Sergio Mendes, who with his group Brasil '66 helped popularize bossa nova music and had a big hit in 1983 with "Never Gonna Let You Go" died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X