*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Sergio Mendes, who with his group Brasil '66 helped popularize bossa nova music and had a big hit in 1983 with "Never Gonna Let You Go" died at age 83. RIP.
    Wow! The "Swinger From Rio". I saw him and his group live just a few years ago. In particular I remember "Mas Que Nada" as a crossover hit in the '60s. Many great hits like "Fool On The Hill", "Like A Lover" and many more. RIP.

Edit: Now this that I listen to the video, it actually is "Mas Que Nada", not "Never Gonna Let You Go". I remember that he did a version of it also w the "Black-Eyed Peas".
    Last edited by rhd; 09-10-2024, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Sergio Mendes, who with his group Brasil '66 helped popularize bossa nova music and had a big hit in 1983 with "Never Gonna Let You Go" died at age 83. RIP.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

All these years I thought that was him singing the male vocal part on that song. Doh! I guess I should have watched the video sooner.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• James Earl Jones, legendary actor who starred in 'Field of Dreams' and supplied the voice of Darth Vader in the 'Star Wars' movies, has died at age 93. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 09-09-2024, 04:53 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            James Earl Jones, legendary actor who starred in 'Field of Dreams' and supplied the voice of Darth Vader in the 'Star Wars' movies, has died at age 93. RIP.

In addition to his many other accomplishments, I remember his great performance in the movie "The Great White Hope", in which he played a character more or less based on the life of the great heavyweight champion Jack Johnson. RIP.

Comment

• In 2008, when he returned to Broadway to play Big Daddy in a revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," Jones was asked if the stage was an oasis for him. "Oh, I wouldn't say that; an oasis is a place for survival," he remarked. "And this is about joy. … It's a playpen."

Comment

• Chad McQueen, actor in The Karate Kid I & II and son of Hollywood legend Steve McQueen, has died at age 63. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tito Jackson, guitarist for the Jackson 5, has died at age 70. RIP.

Tito Jackson blues guitar solo:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X