2011 Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO NOT make NR go all Zombie Killing Madman on your ass

It's a damned fine thing to have you back, NR.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Yeah, I agree with the guy with the nails in his bat and the Nazi helmet on!

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
        Well, he's lead singer on two albums I own. He was lead singer on 3 chartings songs. When he dies it will be reported, and he was known for something before he got old/sick. He qualifies by the rules stated. And your "I worked in the music biz for 8 years" comment is just ridiculous. I've worked in publishing for almost 15 years and there's a good chance I might not know an author who hit the best seller list 3 times in the mid-80s. Just because you wouldn't make the same pick sheep doesn't make it a bad pick. Hell if you don't like the pick, be happy I wasted my pick so you could get the person you wanted. Otherwise, really... piss off and get on with your life and the draft. I stepped away from RJ for a while in part because there was a bit too much self-important jackassery about and it made it less socially pleasing. I decided to come back and pick up some of the social parts of this community I enjoyed and which became a valued release for me over the years. It's a goofy waste of time draft with no $ at stake and no real purpose. Is there any real reason for being a jerk about it?
        LMAO - stressed much?

I just stated the majority opinion. Whatever. It's not like it's the first time you've been challenged on your marginal Ronnie Briggs-style picks.

In closing, if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.
        Last edited by senorsheep; 02-01-2011, 04:26 PM.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          LMAO - stressed much?

I just stated the majority opinion. You make a marginal Ronnie Biggs kind of pick every year, we all tell you we think it doesn't fit the spirit of the draft every year, and you make the same type of picks again and again anyway. Your concept of "famous" is obviously at odds with everyone else's. Whatever. If you don't like people commenting on it, maybe you should make some kind of attempt to check your rebel Gothitude at the door and play by the same rules everyone else is.

And if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.
          you are welcome to resign in protest and I'll give you a full refund!
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            you are welcome to resign in protest and I'll give you a full refund!
            LOL. If I gave a rip about protesting, I'd be more creative than that. I could just start Googling every MLB player born before 1925, for instance. Whatevs. You started the pool this year, so if you're OK with it, then on we go.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

LOL. If I gave a rip about protesting, I'd be more creative than that. I could just start Googling every MLB player born before 1925, for instance. Whatevs. You started the pool this year, so if you're OK with it, then on we go.
              if that's "getting the horns" then I am unimpressed. :shakingheadsmileythatnolongerexists:
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                if that's "getting the horns" then I am unimpressed. :shakingheadsmileythatnolongerexists:
                I gave him a break. He's obviously feeling vulnerable today.

Comment

LMAO - stressed much?

I just stated the majority opinion. You make a marginal Ronnie Biggs kind of pick every year, we all tell you we think it doesn't fit the spirit of the draft every year, and you make the same type of picks again and again anyway. Your concept of "famous" is obviously at odds with everyone else's. Whatever. If you don't like people commenting on it, maybe you should make some kind of attempt to check your rebel Gothitude at the door and play by the same rules everyone else is.

And if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.

Yes, as a rule I DO stress much.

it's the people at the draft/auction every year who go $4 on a guy to crickets in the room that move to the front of the pack because they took a shot on an unknown high-upside player that others were disregarding. People laughed at my $2 Uribe last year. I walked away with another title.

Sorry my definitions in life don't meet your approval Sheep, but I'm really fine with that. And as was stated, my pick(s) fit the rules of the game. I am playing by the same rules. It's not like Toto, or LeRoux are unheard of bands. They charted on Billboard with Fergie singing. Just because he doesn't have the last name of Hagar, or Collins, or Rose, or BonJovi doesn't mean he didn't play a role in music that earned him some mainstream fame. It's not like he's a bassist for Suzy Smith's Barbreaker Band or something. And you hype on Biggs... I'll argue he's a more important/famous commodity in the annals of crime history than all of the "famous" terrorists from the middle east that were starting to get pulled out of the interwebs. Nobody would have an issue if someone pulled the leader of the Gambino family even though nobody out of the East Coast would have much of a concern with him. Biggs orchestrated one of the most impressive crimes in modern times. And still being alive he was honored (and fankly this cracks me up) at a banquet this year for his lifetime of work in the crime industry.

And my "rebel gothdom"? WTH? lol I showed no rebellion. I dont' attempt to buck any systems around here. I mentioned being the resident goth in my initial post because frankly people have always found it funny that a goth is on a fantasy baseball board. I was all fun and games and attitude-free in a silly little game until the sheep started bleating.

And I think there was a comment on not pulling names off a list... wow... it's a draft. Do you not spend 1/2 of your winter/spring going over draft prep lists? lol Nobody is going to just sit back and just randomly pull famous names out of a hat. Jeff Probst or Brad Pitt, they're famous... no reason to think they might die so they're not quality picks. Mary Travers a few years back... she's not Pitt famous, but hell, he might die. That's the name of the game sheep.
                  -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

In closing, if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.
                    Afrika

Want some ketchup with that Nike?

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                      Yes, as a rule I DO stress much.

it's the people at the draft/auction every year who go $4 on a guy to crickets in the room that move to the front of the pack because they took a shot on an unknown high-upside player that others were disregarding. People laughed at my $2 Uribe last year. I walked away with another title.

Sorry my definitions in life don't meet your approval Sheep, but I'm really fine with that. And as was stated, my pick(s) fit the rules of the game. I am playing by the same rules. It's not like Toto, or LeRoux are unheard of bands. They charted on Billboard with Fergie singing. Just because he doesn't have the last name of Hagar, or Collins, or Rose, or BonJovi doesn't mean he didn't play a role in music that earned him some mainstream fame. It's not like he's a bassist for Suzy Smith's Barbreaker Band or something. And you hype on Biggs... I'll argue he's a more important/famous commodity in the annals of crime history than all of the "famous" terrorists from the middle east that were starting to get pulled out of the interwebs. Nobody would have an issue if someone pulled the leader of the Gambino family even though nobody out of the East Coast would have much of a concern with him. Biggs orchestrated one of the most impressive crimes in modern times. And still being alive he was honored (and fankly this cracks me up) at a banquet this year for his lifetime of work in the crime industry.

And my "rebel gothdom"? WTH? lol I showed no rebellion. I dont' attempt to buck any systems around here. I mentioned being the resident goth in my initial post because frankly people have always found it funny that a goth is on a fantasy baseball board. I was all fun and games and attitude-free in a silly little game until the sheep started bleating.

And I think there was a comment on not pulling names off a list... wow... it's a draft. Do you not spend 1/2 of your winter/spring going over draft prep lists? lol Nobody is going to just sit back and just randomly pull famous names out of a hat. Jeff Probst or Brad Pitt, they're famous... no reason to think they might die so they're not quality picks. Mary Travers a few years back... she's not Pitt famous, but hell, he might die. That's the name of the game sheep.
                      As a gesture of friendship, and in the interest of not sending you to your local hospital with a heart attack, I will choose not to logically dissect this nonsense.

Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        Afrika

Want some ketchup with that Nike?
                        LOL. Huge fail. The anonymous session singer in question hooked up with Toto after Bobby Kimball, the lead vocalist on Africa (spelling corrected) and every other Toto hit known to the general public, left the band.

Could switching to GEICO really save you 15 percent or more on car insurance? Is challenging senorsheep on music trivia a bad idea?

Comment

DQ, you can always be counted on for a few "World Leaders That Suck" picks in this draft.

You just gotta hope that the mobs don't get to him before this draft is over.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I stand corrected.

You're in rare form the past couple of days SS. I don't recall seeing this much self importance in the past.

As for my pick - I'm surprised Winehouse dropped this far. It's like Pujols coming off TJ or something.
                            Last edited by Stephen; 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised Winehouse dropped this far. It's like Pujols coming off TJ or something.
                              There comes a point where you've been expecting someone to kick for so long that eventually they seem indestructible. See also that dude from Cuba.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

You're in rare form the past couple of days SS. I don't recall seeing this much self importance in the past.
                                Self-important about a dead pool draft? Nah - check the smiley. Bickering over "How famous is famous enough?" happens every year. I have fun snarking about it, but I don't lose any sleep over it. My dumb stiffs never actually die, anyway, so what do I care?

Comment

Working...
                                X