No announcement yet.

2011 Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was first-round skipping last year, so we don't have a rule against that.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

yep revo, you can skip senorsheep.....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

A crappy singer, most notably from the latter days of Toto, with inoperable cancer.

Who you'd think would still be there a few rounds later.

Comment

NR really likes Toto....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yeah, NR's pick was weak. Ronnie Biggs weak. C'mon guys, they gotta be famous for something other than being on dead pool lists.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Who the F is that guy that got picked second? Lemme guess, he's terminally ill with something or other....
              pick!

Comment

Gris didn't post a picture to go with his Charlie Sheen pick. Here's one he could use.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I believe I won it, as Elizabeth Edwards, Art Linkletter & Simon MacCorkindale all proved to be solid performers.

In!
                  i think victory was mine, courtesy of merlin olsen, gary coleman, and blake edwards.

i'm not playing this year, though. good luck, ghouls!
                  ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

eh.. he's fairly young and has a fair chance of being not finishing the year living, so as points are the goal of this exercise I don't see it as a weak pick.
                    -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      Yeah, NR's pick was weak. Ronnie Biggs weak. C'mon guys, they gotta be famous for something other than being on dead pool lists.
                      Okay, to be fair both Biggs and Fergie are famous for other reasons. Might be why they've popped up in the news recently, but they were famous for other things.
                      -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                        Okay, to be fair both Biggs and Fergie are famous for other reasons. Might be why they've popped up in the news recently, but they were famous for other things.
                        I worked in the music biz for eight years and never once heard of that Fergie guy. He's an anonymous session musician. If I were running this thing, I'd disqualify that pick in a heartbeat. :shrug:
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Gris didn't post a picture to go with his Charlie Sheen pick. Here's one he could use.

Ok, I fixed my pick...added the WILD THING pic.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            I worked in the music biz for eight years and never once heard of that Fergie guy. He's an anonymous session musician. If I were running this thing, I'd disqualify that pick in a heartbeat. :shrug:

Well, he's lead singer on two albums I own. He was lead singer on 3 chartings songs. When he dies it will be reported, and he was known for something before he got old/sick. He qualifies by the rules stated. And your "I worked in the music biz for 8 years" comment is just ridiculous. I've worked in publishing for almost 15 years and there's a good chance I might not know an author who hit the best seller list 3 times in the mid-80s. Just because you wouldn't make the same pick sheep doesn't make it a bad pick. Hell if you don't like the pick, be happy I wasted my pick so you could get the person you wanted. Otherwise, really... piss off and get on with your life and the draft. I stepped away from RJ for a while in part because there was a bit too much self-important jackassery about and it made it less socially pleasing. I decided to come back and pick up some of the social parts of this community I enjoyed and which became a valued release for me over the years. It's a goofy waste of time draft with no $ at stake and no real purpose. Is there any real reason for being a jerk about it?

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                              It's a goofy waste of time draft with no $ at stake and no real purpose. Is there any real reason for being a jerk about it?
                              Birds gotta fly; fish gotta swim.

Comment

NR's pick is fine, move along....

Comment

Working...
                                X