No announcement yet.

2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Palm Beach County's vote counting machines have "broken", losing a day and a half of counted votes, per Terri Parker of local WPBF25 news.

Must have read too many GOP votes, I'm sure.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      And Palm Beach County's vote counting machines have "broken", losing a day and a half of counted votes, per Terri Parker of local WPBF25 news.

Glad to see you've picked up Trump's conspiracy theory nonsense. It really suits you.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

And Palm Beach County's vote counting machines have "broken", losing a day and a half of counted votes, per Terri Parker of local WPBF25 news.

The whole situation down there is just embarrassing

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          The whole situation down there is just embarrassing
          I'd say. Palm Beach County has been the leader in getting their asses kicked in court, too.

Comment

I'd say. Palm Beach County has been the leader in getting their asses kicked in court, too.
            I am not being snarky, but the Republicans have been in charge of the Gov. mansion and the Secretary of State position for over 15 years. These issues didn't appear from nowhere this year. If they wanted to fix the problem why haven't they invested resources into it?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              I am not being snarky, but the Republicans have been in charge of the Gov. mansion and the Secretary of State position for over 15 years. These issues didn't appear from nowhere this year. If they wanted to fix the problem why haven't they invested resources into it?
              I agree on Broward County, as it certainly appears the governor got caught up in the politics of doing nothing since there'd be hell to pay for a white male Republican firing a black female Democrat. But give her history, it clearly should have happened at least after the 2016 election.

Palm Beach’s issues have been - up to this election - far less acute than Broward. This election she’s not only failed in her duties based on state law, she’s also been behaving in a far more partisan manner than Broward has been, reflected by her court beatdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                Glad to see you've picked up Trump's conspiracy theory nonsense. It really suits you.
                Wait, isn't voter fraud, miscounts, and broken machines how Trump beat Hillary?

Comment

or maybe created too many democrat votes.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    No. I don't know many (if any) people who have argued that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I know I never said it here or anywhere else. The election was called that night so what was even recounted in 2016?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        I know I never said it here or anywhere else. The election was called that night so what was even recounted in 2016?
                        Jill Stein called for recounts in a few states. Few, if any, Democrats, took up that cause, however, and it didn't produce any evidence of miscounts or fraud.

Comment

• County records requested by The News show 37 percent of Detroit’s precincts tabulated more ballots than they should have

Never heard anymore about this, but a recount was started in Michigan by the Stein team. The Clinton team provided support to them.

Comment

• I love the 538.com political chats:

natesilver (Nate Silver, editor in chief): The arguments that it ISN’T a blue wave are dumb. Can we end the chat now and get lunch?

sarahf: Haha, no. We’re here to tell readers why it’s dumb — although Nathaniel did do a pretty good job of convincing me.
                            Welcome to FiveThirtyEight’s weekly politics chat. The transcript below has been lightly edited. sarahf (Sarah Frostenson, politics editor): So we’re here today…

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              Jill Stein called for recounts in a few states. Few, if any, Democrats, took up that cause, however, and it didn't produce any evidence of miscounts or fraud.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ount-explained
                              Gotcha I was wondering if we were talking about something like what we have in FL now or in FL in 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                No. I don't know many (if any) people who have argued that.
                                Are you speaking of Florida, Nationally, or both?

Comment

Working...
                                X