No announcement yet.

2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way Snipes has run this election and her previous history is troubling. You can not ignore deadlines and reporting mandates based on personal whim.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      The way Snipes has run this election and her previous history is troubling. You can not ignore deadlines and reporting mandates based on personal whim.
      Agreed, it never should have come to this, but here we are again, in Florida. She needs to be taken out of the equation, ASAP.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• AP calls it for Sinema. We are back to a +1 night for the R's on called races, but I remain fairly certain that FL won't change in recount and we will be at R+2.

So that leaves us with the Mississippi runoff. Is there any chance we have a Roy Moore situation brewing? Probably not she is a sitting Sen., but this is not a good look, but I doubt it sticks...

Here's the whole 140 second interaction in a tweet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Agreed, it never should have come to this, but here we are again, in Florida. She needs to be taken out of the equation, ASAP.
          I agree.

Comment

• the bar is pretty low these days, but it's something. from a CNN reporter

andrew kaczynski
            ‏Verified account @KFILE

andrew kaczynski Retweeted McSally For Senate

Wow Martha McSally has conceded. The NRSC, Trump, and RNC wanted her to push voter fraud conspiracies. She and her campaign refused.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              the bar is pretty low these days, but it's something. from a CNN reporter

andrew kaczynski
              ‏Verified account @KFILE

Wow Martha McSally has conceded. The NRSC, Trump, and RNC wanted her to push voter fraud conspiracies. She and her campaign refused.
              Good for her. The writing was on the wall and she wasn't afraid to read it.

Comment

the bar is pretty low these days, but it's something. from a CNN reporter

andrew kaczynski
                ‏Verified account @KFILE

Good to hear she’s been quiet on social media during the vote count and never saw her say anything suggesting the count wasn’t proceeding lawfully so good for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Good to hear she’s been quiet on social media during the vote count and never saw her say anything suggesting the count wasn’t proceeding lawfully so good for her.
                  McSally also spent 22 years in the Air Force, and attained the rank of Colonel. she was the first American woman to fly in combat, apparently, following a lifting of that ban in 1991.

and it's Veteran's Day. I suspect that means a lot to her.

in this current cesspool, I look for whatever I can find. I guess we all do.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

McSally also spent 22 years in the Air Force, and attained the rank of Colonel. she was the first American woman to fly in combat, apparently, following a lifting of that ban in 1991.

and it's Veteran's Day. I suspect that means a lot to her.

in this current cesspool, I look for whatever I can find. I guess we all do.
                    I think the other thing is she wanted to look like a reasonable politician so that she remains a viable candidate for the McCain seat appointment since Kyl isn’t staying long. Still I appreciate seeing her take the high road here and never mention anything about vote fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      I think the other thing is she wanted to look like a reasonable politician so that she remains a viable candidate for the McCain seat appointment since Kyl isn’t staying long. Still I appreciate seeing her take the high road here and never mention anything about vote fraud.
                      Ding ding ding! Hard to give her much credit after being bombarded with her campaign's attack ads for the past few months.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Ding ding ding! Hard to give her much credit after being bombarded with her campaign's attack ads for the past few months.
                        Agreed - her campaign was pretty brutal. However, I am happy to see her play the more diplomatic role here. I think had she taken this tact in the election it is likely she would have pulled the votes she needed. Her campaign was honestly off putting in many ways.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          Agreed - her campaign was pretty brutal. However, I am happy to see her play the more diplomatic role here. I think had she taken this tact in the election it is likely she would have pulled the votes she needed. Her campaign was honestly off putting in many ways.
                          Not sure about your last point because Sinema responded in kind and also turned off a fair number of people.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Not sure about your last point because Sinema responded in kind and also turned off a fair number of people.
                            Thats why Im saying if McSally had stayed out of the muck - she probably would have faired better.
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              Thats why Im saying if McSally had stayed out of the muck - she probably would have faired better.
                              But Sinema waded in the muck in response. So if McSally had not, nor would have Sinema so I don't think it would have changed the outcome.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Got bored and decided to finally figure out what exactly isn't called especially in the House.

Races I expect the Democrats to win
                                CA - 10 Harder leads by over 3K votes. My guess is this is likely D.
                                CA-39 Kim leads Cisneros by about 1.9K, but I am trusting the guys I follow on twitter who are telling me that based on where the vote is still being counted is that this will go D.
                                CA 45 - Porter has cut Walters lead to just over 1K and like 39 I am reading that where the vote is coming from will have this go D.
                                NJ 3 - Kim leads by over 3K and at this point, it is a likely D
                                NY 22 It is still very close but trusting Nate Silver that it is a likely D at this point.
                                UT 4 - A lot like NY 22 it is really close but the votes coming in expect to tilt toward the Democrats.
                                Maine 2- With the rank voting the expectations is those that voted for Bond the majority of their vote will break for Golden.

So from 227, I count 7 that I think the Democrats will win.

GA 7 Looks like it will go to the Republicans
                                TX 23 Also likely goes to the Rep
                                NY 27 is also likely to go to Collins and stay red.

So the R's go from 198+3

I will list CA 21, it is called but Cox is still down just over 2K so I bet if they could take the call back they would though I still expect Valado to win.

So today I get 234-201 and D+39 if I had to guess today and 538 classic that I referenced a lot in election leadup had D+39 as the average gain in their final model. The Dems will be able to lose 16 votes and still win votes if this count is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X