Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    I thought Jeb appointee her.
    Yes, he definitely did. Brain freeze on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      I don’t know anything about Arizona, but what’s going on in Florida (again) isn’t a good look for anyone. It would appear that Dr. Snipes didn’t follow post-election protocol at a minimum. Do you find it problematic that she didn’t update the results in 45 minute intervals as she is mandated to do? Do you find it a problem that she wouldn’t divulge how many uncounted votes remained, as she was mandated to do? Do you find it a problem that she appears to have mixed some invalid votes in with some valid ones? Does her previous history in mismanaging elections resulting in a judicial rebuke give you pause at all?
      I can certainly understand why this is an issue.
      Sometimes I wonder if the liberals here even get the other side of the story. A few of them seem smart enough, but its like they only get their news from the left so they simply dont know the whole story.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Yes, he definitely did. Brain freeze on that.
        apparently Jeb had the same issue when he appointed her.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Sinema now leads by over 28k in votes and is up 49.5-48.2.

Comment

• An explanation for why it takes so long to count the votes in Arizona posted and tweeted out by the Republican AZ Secretary of State...

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post

And voter suppression is simply different that ballot stuffing, or otherwise adding votes that dont belong, or subtracting votes that do, which is what is meant by voter fraud. One happens by the millions, and other is is a trump fantasy that happens 1 in a million.

Also, if you dont want to count every legal vote that was received by deadline, you arent worth a response, and really you should have some sense of shame about such an ugly position. Everyone wanting every legal vote counted is the only correct stance. The other is shameful.
              Brilliant...thank you.

Simple, every vote that legally was cast, should be counted...regardless of party affiliation.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                You cant tell me that you honestly think there arent a number of real unique circumstances, or what you called blah, blah, blah, that are part of the landscape of why HRC lost election. And it is sickening that you again drag her here, and with a ball of nonsense that includes you somehow holding a position that Comey, Russia, bots on fb, decades of FOX drum beating a message of lies or again, as you say blah blah blah, that is proven that occurred but you hold position had zero negative consequence on the final results. What you call your pro tip is sickening to me that there are people out there, not a ton I hope, that can hold such a deliberately stubborn position.

There are still facts in world. You can break down bit by bit, and ask, was this true or not, was there a Comey release, did it have a measurable effect on race from day before to day after, hey look at that, you can google dates and see the drop. You can go bit by bit and see how yes, HRC didnt campaign in key states and that had cost x amount, but hey, there were other unusual but measurable events that clearly did not help.

And voter suppression is simply different that ballot stuffing, or otherwise adding votes that dont belong, or subtracting votes that do, which is what is meant by voter fraud. One happens by the millions, and other is is a trump fantasy that happens 1 in a million.

Also, if you dont want to count every legal vote that was received by deadline, you arent worth a response, and really you should have some sense of shame about such an ugly position. Everyone wanting every legal vote counted is the only correct stance. The other is shameful.
                Deleted long reply. Never mind. Moving on. Carry on with the outrage.
                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 11-10-2018, 09:33 PM.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Brilliant...thank you.

Simple, every vote that legally was cast, should be counted...regardless of party affiliation.
                  By exact language in your sentence, everyone would agree. Every legally cast vote should be counted. Regardless of the party or individual it is cast for. Here’s the rub: Define “legally cast” because that seems to be the problem.

I’m not arguing that there is massive voter fraud, by the way.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Steve King is a POS. I was really hoping he'd lose, although I knew it was a long shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                      By exact language in your sentence, everyone would agree. Every legally cast vote should be counted. Regardless of the party or individual it is cast for. Here’s the rub: Define “legally cast” because that seems to be the problem.

I’m not arguing that there is massive voter fraud, by the way.
                      It's really not a problem at all. I don't get where you're coming from with this concept that certain votes were NOT legally cast. The problem in this election is voter suppression, Moving polling places, not supplying the proper equipment so people can vote in a timely fashion, or at all. This is the issue. Having one of the candidates for Governor in charge of a possible recount.

If you've got some at least anecdotal evidence that some votes were not legally cast, I'm all ears.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

It's really not a problem at all. I don't get where you're coming from with this concept that certain votes were NOT legally cast. The problem in this election is voter suppression, Moving polling places, not supplying the proper equipment so people can vote in a timely fashion, or at all. This is the issue. Having one of the candidates for Governor in charge of a possible recount.

If you've got some at least anecdotal evidence that some votes were not legally cast, I'm all ears.
                        Regarding Kemp in GA, I believe I read that he resigned earlier in the week, so he won’t be overseeing any recounts. We won’t ageee on voter suppersion. That’s what the Dems claim every election.

Im am saying that the GOP and the Dems have different definitions of “legal votes”. Just because we’re counting votes still doesn’t make every vote cast legal. There are rules. If one of the two major parties don’t like the rules, don’t wait until the election is over to bitch. In GA it’s my understanding that Abrams can’t win unless she can prove something illegal occurred. So go with the trope of voter suppression. The Dems are claiming that Kemp purged the voting roles to serve his benefit for this election. That he’s purged millions of votes, implying that this purge was recent. He’s purged 1.2 million since 2012. Not in the last couple of months.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• "every vote that legally was cast, should be counted...regardless of party affiliation."

of course.
                          that's why all of us here were so pissed at Gore in 2000, and presumably remain so today. I'm surprised the example didn't come up in explaining the bipartisan principle.

Some legal experts suggest that Vice Pres Al Gore's failure to ask Florida courts for a manual statewide recount may have doomed his battle for presidency by raising constitutional obstacles that made it far more difficult for the Florida courts to fashion a timely remedy that US Supreme Court might have found tolerable; say error was compounded when Gore's lawyers sought more time to complete the first phase of the recounting process; photo of Gov George W Bush with his father, former Pres George Bush, and brother, Gov Jeb Bush of Florida (M)

"In the inevitable second-guessing that followed today's defeat at the hands of the United States Supreme Court, Vice President Al Gore's failure to ask the Florida courts for a manual statewide recount has emerged as one in a series of pivotal legal miscalculations that may have doomed his 35-day battle to wrest Florida's 25 electors from George W. Bush, legal experts said today."

"''He has nobody to blame but himself,'' said Thomas W. Merrill, a professor of law at Northwestern University, who criticized the Gore campaign for elevating hardball tactics -- seeking immediate hand recounts in Democratic strongholds -- over a strategy of demanding that all votes be counted regardless of the political consequences.

''It had the appearance of being manipulative,'' Mr. Merrill said. ''It had the appearance of making it look as if he didn't want a level playing field. I think it seeped into the way the judicial system perceived things.''

"The decision not to pursue a statewide manual recount in court didn't simply raise unforeseen objections from judges. There was also a price to be paid on the public relations front. Just as they did when Democratic lawyers tried to disqualify hundreds of military absentee ballots, Republicans quickly branded Mr. Gore a hypocrite for proclaiming his desire to count every vote as his lawyers were seeking hand recounts in select Democratic strongholds."

"The Gore team sought recounts in four of Florida's 67 counties -- Broward, Palm Beach, Volusia and Miami-Dade -- all of which, it so happened, had voted for Mr. Gore."
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            "every vote that legally was cast, should be counted...regardless of party affiliation."

of course.
                            that's why all of us here were so pissed at Gore in 2000, and presumably remain so today. I'm surprised the example didn't come up in explaining the bipartisan principle.

Some legal experts suggest that Vice Pres Al Gore's failure to ask Florida courts for a manual statewide recount may have doomed his battle for presidency by raising constitutional obstacles that made it far more difficult for the Florida courts to fashion a timely remedy that US Supreme Court might have found tolerable; say error was compounded when Gore's lawyers sought more time to complete the first phase of the recounting process; photo of Gov George W Bush with his father, former Pres George Bush, and brother, Gov Jeb Bush of Florida (M)

"In the inevitable second-guessing that followed today's defeat at the hands of the United States Supreme Court, Vice President Al Gore's failure to ask the Florida courts for a manual statewide recount has emerged as one in a series of pivotal legal miscalculations that may have doomed his 35-day battle to wrest Florida's 25 electors from George W. Bush, legal experts said today."

"''He has nobody to blame but himself,'' said Thomas W. Merrill, a professor of law at Northwestern University, who criticized the Gore campaign for elevating hardball tactics -- seeking immediate hand recounts in Democratic strongholds -- over a strategy of demanding that all votes be counted regardless of the political consequences.

''It had the appearance of being manipulative,'' Mr. Merrill said. ''It had the appearance of making it look as if he didn't want a level playing field. I think it seeped into the way the judicial system perceived things.''

"The decision not to pursue a statewide manual recount in court didn't simply raise unforeseen objections from judges. There was also a price to be paid on the public relations front. Just as they did when Democratic lawyers tried to disqualify hundreds of military absentee ballots, Republicans quickly branded Mr. Gore a hypocrite for proclaiming his desire to count every vote as his lawyers were seeking hand recounts in select Democratic strongholds."

"The Gore team sought recounts in four of Florida's 67 counties -- Broward, Palm Beach, Volusia and Miami-Dade -- all of which, it so happened, had voted for Mr. Gore."
                            I absolutely was pissed at Gore and said so back then. It was a disastrous mistake and the world is still paying for it and will be for the rest of our lives.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He's too busy admiring himself hovering above the rest of us partisan hacks.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Regarding Kemp in GA, I believe I read that he resigned earlier in the week, so he won’t be overseeing any recounts. We won’t ageee on voter suppersion. That’s what the Dems claim every election.

Im am saying that the GOP and the Dems have different definitions of “legal votes”. Just because we’re counting votes still doesn’t make every vote cast legal. There are rules. If one of the two major parties don’t like the rules, don’t wait until the election is over to bitch. In GA it’s my understanding that Abrams can’t win unless she can prove something illegal occurred. So go with the trope of voter suppression. The Dems are claiming that Kemp purged the voting roles to serve his benefit for this election. That he’s purged millions of votes, implying that this purge was recent. He’s purged 1.2 million since 2012. Not in the last couple of months.
                                They were talking about voter suppression in GA well before the election. And it's ok because it's transpired over six years? Look at the racial discrepancies in voters purged or I suppose those numbers are made up by Democrats as well?
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X