This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...e-a-car-wreck/

I have mentioned before that it's possible there was something very odd about the infamous "Trump dossier" and subsequent results. Now right-wing radio - hey, I'm on topic - is frothing at the mouth.

I was surprised to see that this expert today is a bit ahead of my, well, curiosity. Does he know something - or does he just like to speculate?

"CNN contributor and former CIA analyst Phil Mudd warned that Christopher Steele’s decision to talk with the Justice Department about the dossier he compiled on the 2016 Trump campaign won’t end well for the former British spy: “This will be a car wreck.”

“The question here is not just what Steele found,” Mudd explained. “If it’s determined that Steele had a bit of questionable information, that’s fine. If it’s found that that questionable information played into, for example, the FISA warrant to look at Carter Paige’s e-mails, that is a hot mess, and I think that’s where we’re headed here.”
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      I get a daily newsletter in my email from The Flip Side https://www.theflipside.io which is similar to RCP. I highly recommend it. They cover both left and right sides of a particular single issue everyday. It’s very informative. I click the links and many are Op-Ed’s from NYT, WaPo, WSJ or the various aggregators. Yes even CNN, MSNBC and Fox. I get a lot out of it (“that’s how I bring my full game to this party!” he said knowing full well the irony of the statement!).
      Thanks to the link to the Flipside. I may use it in the classroom. I'm always looking for opposing viewpoint repositories. Especially ones without a ton of ads on them, and this seems to fit the bill. I like how they organize excepts and provide links. How long as this been a thing? Very useful.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-04-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Thanks to the link to the Flipside. I may use it in the classroom. I'm always looking for opposing viewpoint repositories. Especially ones without a ton of ads on them, and this seems to fit the bill. I like how they organize excepts and provide links. How long as this been a thing? Very useful.
        Maybe a year. It’s really good and fairly balanced.

Does this mean I provided value? Asking for a friend.
        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-04-2019, 11:49 PM.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Maybe a year. It’s really good and fairly balanced.

Does this mean I provided value? Asking for a friend.
          Yes, yes indeed. I look forward to more valuable posts from you not directly responding to Trump's antics with counterpoints of Democratic antecedents doing similar things in the past in the future

ETA: That is very confusing syntax, but you get the idea/joke. I'm sleepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Yes, yes indeed. I look forward to more valuable posts from you not directly responding to Trump's antics with counterpoints of Democratic antecedents doing similar things in the past in the future

ETA: That is very confusing syntax, but you get the idea/joke. I'm sleepy.

Don’t take this literally, but my work here is finished.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• So the President tweeted this today...

“House Republicans support the President on Tariffs with Mexico all the way, & that makes any measure the President takes on the Border totally Veto proof. Why wouldn’t you as Republicans support him when that will allow our President to make a better deal.” Thank you @GOPLeader

The funny thing is I haven’t found anyone that can attribute that quote to McCarthy. McCarthy didn’t retweet it on his timeline. I’m asking did anyone find this anywhere or is the President quoting a private conversation? His use of twitter is always a challenge for me to navigate as a source of news.

Comment

• Have we noticed that all women who comment against Dopey are "nasty?" The latest -- Nancy Pelosi, who is a "nasty, vindictive, horrible person."

With help from the Trump Twitter Archive, some of the women called "nasty" by Dear Leader include:
                - Hillary Clinton
                - Nancy Pelosi
                - Meghan Markle
                - Elizabeth Warren
                - Cher
                - Omarosa
                - Mayor of San Juan

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I'm guilty as far as One Jay is concerned, but he does volley back to me, and yes, he is kind of a good sport about it. That started with J way before Trump infected politics, back probably 10 years ago when he proclaimed a Chiefs' draft class to be the greatest since the '74 Steelers. It was then when I realized he saw his world only through his whatever-colored glasses (go back and look at that draft class now, and it's solid if unspectacular,lol). Anyhow, 10 years later, he's still here!
                  That draft class wound up top 10 for the decade (Saints '06 was #1), with six multi-year starters, three Pro Bowlers and a HoF candidate. Not everyone is retired, so the numbers will change, but likely #7 or #8 out of 320. Maybe not spectacular but a lot better than solid.

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Have we noticed that all women who comment against Dopey are "nasty?" The latest -- Nancy Pelosi, who is a "nasty, vindictive, horrible person."

With help from the Trump Twitter Archive, some of the women called "nasty" by Dear Leader include:
                  - Hillary Clinton
                  - Nancy Pelosi
                  - Meghan Markle
                  - Elizabeth Warren
                  - Cher
                  - Omarosa
                  - Mayor of San Juan
                  He didn't call Meghan Markle nasty. That was bad reporting. Still, he is willing to insult almost anyone when he does not have negotiations pending.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Have we noticed that all women who comment against Dopey are "nasty?" The latest -- Nancy Pelosi, who is a "nasty, vindictive, horrible person."

- Hillary Clinton
                    - Nancy Pelosi
                    - Meghan Markle
                    - Elizabeth Warren
                    - Cher
                    - Omarosa
                    - Mayor of San Juan
                    You forgot Kamala Harris. Trump actually seemed like he was contemplating a very disgusting public attack against Harris. Fox News has reported on Harris having dated her elder, married boss, Willie Brown, now 84 years old. This was reported on Fox News in January, and I'm betting the only reason Trump didn't reveal it on May 3rd in his "nasty" comment is that he's likely too stupid to remember the details. He appeared to be searching for the line of attack and then abandoned it . But if Harris pulls ahead, I guarantee Trump attacks using the affair... but maybe he waits until the general election. His own history with affairs is not something to highlight, but that hasn't stopped him from punching himself in the face before.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...-kamala-harris
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      That draft class wound up top 10 for the decade (Saints '06 was #1), with six multi-year starters, three Pro Bowlers and a HoF candidate. Not everyone is retired, so the numbers will change, but likely #7 or #8 out of 320. Maybe not spectacular but a lot better than solid.

He didn't call Meghan Markle nasty. That was bad reporting. Still, he is willing to insult almost anyone when he does not have negotiations pending.

J
                      literally, perhaps not ... but maybe people shouldn't take him literally ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        literally, perhaps not ... but maybe people shouldn't take him literally ...
                        Suit yourself. In that case the insult was that he didn't notice, which is considerably worse.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• The President had the following exchange with ABC, here's the video...

And here is a summary from The Hill...

"President Trump on Wednesday wouldn't commit to calling the FBI if a foreign power offered damaging information on a political opponent.

The comments, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, came after special counsel Robert Mueller's report, released earlier this year, detailed numerous efforts by Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

"I think maybe you do both," Trump said when asked whether he would call the FBI or listen if Russia, China or another foreign government reached out.

"I think you might want to listen. There’s nothing wrong with listening," he continued. "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it. If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI."

Stephanopoulos noted that FBI Director Christopher Wray has said campaigns should reach out to the bureau if they are contacted by a foreign entity.

"The FBI director is wrong," Trump said."

So yeah this is all totally normal.

Comment

• Another clear case of TDS, right?

I still think #DictatorDon would blow up if a campaign centered on all of his authoritarian tendencies. It would also trigger the right wing.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Another clear case of TDS, right?

I still think #DictatorDon would blow up if a campaign centered on all of his authoritarian tendencies. It would also trigger the right wing.
                              In a way, yes. The media is frothing at this but ABC strategically only released a couple of sound bytes. Trump is stupid but he’s kind of stupid like a fox. He’s controlling the narrative by saying something that will bait the Dems and Nancy and Chuckles into doing something that has no good outcome.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

In a way, yes. The media is frothing at this but ABC strategically only released a couple of sound bytes. Trump is stupid but he’s kind of stupid like a fox. He’s controlling the narrative by saying something that will bait the Dems and Nancy and Chuckles into doing something that has no good outcome.
                                Wat?

He's already used foreign intelligence to get dirt on political rivals and then authorized its use.

This isn't crazy like a fox, this is him knowing that his base doesn't care how he wins only THAT he wins and if he can piss off the left while he does it, more the better.

He's surrounded himself with people who will defend him no matter how duplicitous he acts.

He said what he said, you know it.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X