This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Good post. The refusal to acknowledge any of the positives of the economy, while always spinning anything in the most nefarious way
    possible certainly diminishes the credibility of the left with me. We literally have people on this site actively rooting for the stock market to tank or the economy to falter so they can say ‘I told you so-Trump sucks’.
    So today we are ok with his tweet basically promoting a conspiracy from the Presidents office?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Worst in US History? No way. Adams-Jefferson was nasty. Adams-Jackon was nasty. Bush-Gore was less nasty before election day but certainly nasty on election day and after.

https://www.history.com/news/7-most-...tial-elections
      I'd prefer all of those people as president over trump. I think Gregg was referring to the choices we had, and the outcome. Not the level of vitriol in the campaign.

Comment

Worst in US History? No way. Adams-Jefferson was nasty. Adams-Jackon was nasty. Bush-Gore was less nasty before election day but certainly nasty on election day and after.
        Depends on what you mean by worst. I consider the last election the worst simply due to the lack of a viable candidate to elect after the primaries. Both options were terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I'd prefer all of those people as president over trump. I think Gregg was referring to the choices we had, and the outcome. Not the level of vitriol in the campaign.
          You'd take Andrew Jackson as President over Trump? Hmm. I think Trump is horrible and dangerous, but Andrew Jackson was genocidal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Depends on what you mean by worst. I consider the last election the worst simply due to the lack of a viable candidate to elect after the primaries. Both options were terrible.
            Yes, that is how I read Gregg's post too.

Comment

Good post. The refusal to acknowledge any of the positives of the economy, while always spinning anything in the most nefarious way
              possible certainly diminishes the credibility of the left with me. We literally have people on this site actively rooting for the stock market to tank or the economy to falter so they can say ‘I told you so-Trump sucks’.
              This is such bullshit. B-Fly has credited him in the last couple days. Hell, even I did before the N Korea summit. You guys ignore those so you can stay atop your perch of "independence" and "objectivity". But deep down you'd rather defend Trump than admit we're right.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

You'd take Andrew Jackson as President over Trump? Hmm. I think Trump is horrible and dangerous, but Andrew Jackson was genocidal.
                I think given the chance, trump would be too. If Trump bm were president back then, he would have acted no better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  Yup, not sure any of this has to do with my post, but whatever! I don’t defend Trump, but I’m not so angry and blind that I can’t occasionally admit that he or the GOP does something right, or oh wait, even well. I’ll grant you that Trump is not a great guy and certainly isn’t the person I want occupying the office, but elections has consequences. Maybe the left should run better candidates in the future. And, If you truly believe the behavior of the left is the bar to which all others should aspire, we’re probably already headed to the shit storm you’re forecasting.
                  Any admitting of GOP doing something right immediately means you are a Trump loving racist. Suggesting the left run better candidates means you are a Trump loving racist. Hoping for the best for our country, means you are a Nationalist which means you are a Trump loving white racist. In your case as a snowman you are already white (in no way do I mean this as a slight to our snowmen of color) so you have to be extra careful not to mention anything that closely resembles the GOP of doing something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    So today we are ok with his tweet basically promoting a conspiracy from the Presidents office?
                    Can you please show me where I said that? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      This is such bullshit. B-Fly has credited him in the last couple days. Hell, even I did before the N Korea summit. You guys ignore those so you can stay atop your perch of "independence" and "objectivity". But deep down you'd rather defend Trump than admit we're right.
                      Had a guy celebrating a market correction on these pages today. Deep down you’d rather have the country fall apart economically than give Trump credit. Sad really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Yes, that was my intention.

Comment

Can you please show me where I said that? Thanks
                          I want someone from the right to condemn it here. I posted it earlier and everyone but B-Fly glossed over it. You want us to acknowledge when he does something good ok, please stand up when he is literarlly parroting a right wing conspiracy while acting as President of the United States. If Obama had sent out a left wing conspiracy Fox would have melted down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Any admitting of GOP doing something right immediately means you are a Trump loving racist. Suggesting the left run better candidates means you are a Trump loving racist. Hoping for the best for our country, means you are a Nationalist which means you are a Trump loving white racist. In your case as a snowman you are already white (in no way do I mean this as a slight to our snowmen of color) so you have to be extra careful not to mention anything that closely resembles the GOP of doing something right.
                            This is disappointing to read. It buys into the victimization narrative perpetuated here by others on the right. It isnt true. I've always distinguished my criticisms of trump from my criticisms of GOP ideology. Republicans do themselves a great disservice by aligning the party with Trump. I think there is good in the party and the platform, but Trump represents the worst. An attack on trump is not equal to an attack of Republicanism, unless you concede Trump is where the party wants to be. If Trump is where the party wants to be God help us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Yes and I do not see it getting any better for the next one...not sure it could get any worse.

Comment

Deep down you’d rather have the country fall apart economically than give Trump credit. Sad really.
                                This is so laughably obtuse.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X