This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Never said he was a saint, nor have I ever claimed that. It’s just interesting and informative to me that leftists and white nationalists hear the same thing from something others can’t hear. And then figuring out exactly what breed of dog keeps hearing the same dog whistles.
    The only ones not hearing it are his apologists.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Never said he was a saint, nor have I ever claimed that. It’s just interesting and informative to me that leftists and white nationalists hear the same thing from something others can’t hear. And then figuring out exactly what breed of dog keeps hearing the same dog whistles.
      Even if you want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, don't you see it as a problem that white nationalists think he is talking to them? Don't you think Trump should clarify that he doesn't mean what they think he means? I mean, he and folks who work for him are aware of that community, because he has shared tweets and info from white nationalists sites before. He surely knows that his self-proclamation has caused white nationalists to party like its 1799.

He is a social media savvy guy. He could post in response to one of their many posts that are "misusing" his use of the term this video:

But doing that would alienate part of his base, right? You admit that white nationalists vote for Trump, yes? So, do you think he should alienate them or not? Would you be happy if he did, or would you be upset, because it would hurt his reelection chances?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Hilarious.
        In your case, doubly so.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        The only ones not hearing it are his apologists.
        Now you are calling everyone opposing Trump a dog, yourself included. Are you sure you want to go there?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          In your case, doubly so.

Now you are calling everyone opposing Trump a dog, yourself included. Are you sure you want to go there?

J
          Republicans are the party of racists. Their method to defuse this is to incite Democrats to "label all right wingers racist"... so they do things like make up dog whistles like "monkey things up" as a means of eliciting calls of racism (since we can clearly see from this board there's no bigger issue to most people than 'being called racist')... it works to a degree with a large swath of simple folks that cannot understand the nuance of these political stunts. Simple folks would deny that these statements about Nationalism or monkeying things up are intentional dog whistles, despite the clear evidence that the dogs (David Duke, et al) are howling at the moon in rejoice!

But say whatever you can to avoid the reality that all the nazis and racists generally hang out on your side of the aisle. The fact you deny objective reality is hilarious to me.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• After his false flag tweet this morning we have a man arrested in Florida who had a van outside an Autozone with Trump/conservative propogranda all over it. I am sure this was some Liberal conspiracy to really setup Trump
            Last edited by frae; 10-26-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Steve Schmidt, that crazy left-winger (actually former GOP strategist).

Stephen Edward Schmidt[1] (born September 28, 1970)[2] is an American communications and public affairs strategist who has worked on Republican political campaigns including those of President George W. Bush, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Arizona Senator John McCain. He is best known for pushing McCain to select Sarah Palin as his running mate. He specialized in "message development and strategy".[3]

Schmidt asserted during an appearance on MSNBC's "Deadline: White House" that Trump's recent declaration of himself as a "nationalist" was a direct message to some of the most pernicious parts of the far right.

"When Donald Trump declares himself a 'nationalist,' the nationalists understand exactly what he means," said Schmidt. "By the way, let's stop calling them 'white nationalists' and call them by their names, which are 'neo-Nazis' and 'Klansmen.'"
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                After his false flag tweet this morning we have a man arrested in Florida who had a van outside his house with Trump/conservative propogranda all over it. I am sure this was some Liberal conspiracy to really setup Trump
                Look at his van...wow glad so many rushed to blame the liberals. So fucking pathetic!

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Steve Schmidt, that crazy left-winger (actually former GOP strategist).

Stephen Edward Schmidt[1] (born September 28, 1970)[2] is an American communications and public affairs strategist who has worked on Republican political campaigns including those of President George W. Bush, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Arizona Senator John McCain. He is best known for pushing McCain to select Sarah Palin as his running mate. He specialized in "message development and strategy".[3]

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...is-proclaiming
                  At this point, when even GOPers are speaking the obvious truth about these things, and yet we still have folks here denying those truths, it seems pretty clear to me that some folks are just in so deep they are incapable of admitting their guy, and by extension themselves, are wrong. The only right leaning folks here I've seen be critical of Trump on occasion are those who did not vote for him. I don't think anyone who has admitted to voting for him and supporting him has flipped and admitted he has done anything wrong at all. They are all in on the guy, for better or worse. Nothing he ever says or does has made them or will make them admit that he is wrong. It's sad.

Chance especially, who seems so reasonable and smart in the baseball forums, continues to flabbergast me in how far he is willing to go to deny who Trump is and apologize or dismiss or normalize his behavior, deflecting all attacks with whataboutery and complete disregard for the unprecedented vileness Trump displays on a daily basis. There is nothing normal about this man. He is not just another guy playing the same game. Whether you want to call him an effect of a failing system or a cause of it, he represents a fundamental shift in our politics for the worse. Anyone who denies that fact is denying reality.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-26-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    At this point, when even GOPers are speaking the obvious truth about these things, and yet we still have folks here denying those truths, it seems pretty clear to me that some folks are just in so deep they are incapable of admitting their guy, and by extension themselves, are wrong. The only right leaning folks here I've seen be critical of Trump on occasion are those like Bernie, who did not vote for him. I don't think anyone who has admitted to voting for him and supporting him has flipped and admitted he has done anything wrong at all. They are all in on the guy, better or worse. Nothing he ever says or does has made them or will make them admit that he is wrong. It's sad.
                    And most didn't even support Trump in the primary. Party over country, they make me sick.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Chance, I’m surprised at your inability to get your head screwed on right on these issue. Only righties promote mob activities and violence. Only liberals can hear and interpret dog whistles, and oh, yeah, apparently the extreme right hears them too, just as only conservatives delve into whataboutary. Have your learned nothing from the 5000 posts?
                      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                        Chance, I’m surprised at your inability to get your head screwed on right on these issue. Only righties promote mob activities and violence. Only liberals can hear and interpret dog whistles, and oh, yeah, apparently the extreme right hears them too, just as only conservatives delve into whataboutary. Have your learned nothing from the 5000 posts?
                        Yep, let's keep pretending Trump is just another president. Lets keep pretending that for the good of our country all patriotic citizens should not come together to denounce what he says. Let's embrace our decline. Once Trump is out, let's elect an unqualified, crass, wanna be autocrat who embraces left wing terrorism and attacks right wing media as the true enemy of democracy. Lets keep going down this road. I'm sure it will take us to a better future.

Comment

Yep, let's keep pretending Trump is just another president. Lets keep pretending that for the good of our country all patriotic citizens should not come together to denounce what he says. Let's embrace our decline. Once Trump is out, let's elect an unqualified, crass, wanna be autocrat who embraces left wing terrorism and attacks right wing media as the true enemy of democracy. Lets keep going down this road. I'm sure it will take us to a better future.
                          Yup, not sure any of this has to do with my post, but whatever! I don’t defend Trump, but I’m not so angry and blind that I can’t occasionally admit that he or the GOP does something right, or oh wait, even well. I’ll grant you that Trump is not a great guy and certainly isn’t the person I want occupying the office, but elections has consequences. Maybe the left should run better candidates in the future. And, If you truly believe the behavior of the left is the bar to which all others should aspire, we’re probably already headed to the shit storm you’re forecasting.
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

This last election was the worst in US History. Republicans and Democrats as a whole have learned nothing. I do not know if the next election has the potential to be any worse. I doubt it will be any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              This last election was the worst in US History. Republicans and Democrats as a whole have learned nothing. I do not know if the next election has the potential to be any worse. I doubt it will be any better.
                              Worst in US History? No way. Adams-Jefferson was nasty. Adams-Jackon was nasty. Bush-Gore was less nasty before election day but certainly nasty on election day and after.

These presidential elections brought out the wild side in our nation’s democratic process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Yup, not sure any of this has to do with my post, but whatever! I don’t defend Trump, but I’m not so angry and blind that I can’t occasionally admit that he or the GOP does something right, or oh wait, even well. I’ll grant you that Trump is not a great guy and certainly isn’t the person I want occupying the office, but elections has consequences. Maybe the left should run better candidates in the future. And, If you truly believe the behavior of the left is the bar to which all others should aspire, we’re probably already headed to the shit storm you’re forecasting.
                                Good post. The refusal to acknowledge any of the positives of the economy, while always spinning anything in the most nefarious way
                                possible certainly diminishes the credibility of the left with me. We literally have people on this site actively rooting for the stock market to tank or the economy to falter so they can say ‘I told you so-Trump sucks’.

Comment

Working...
                                X