This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Yep, rather than address the point of contention, it's easier to play the victim card in response to my personal attacks (twisting, trolling, and parsing, oh my!).
    I addressed it and nice to see you admitting your personal attacks........

FWIW, again, I never said Assad threatened the US and I never stated it was a "fact" his regime was a threat.

You both are trying to paint me into a corner when you could easily google Is Assad a threat to the US and get your answers then agree with me or not.

And I'm not playing the victim, I'm pointing out your BS.

She lost, get over it.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I addressed it and nice to see you admitting your personal attacks........

FWIW, again, I never said Assad threatened the US and I never stated it was a "fact" his regime was a threat.

You both are trying to paint me into a corner when you could easily google Is Assad a threat to the US and get your answers then agree with me or not.

And I'm not playing the victim, I'm pointing out your BS.

She lost, get over it.
      I am the one criticizing her view on Russia and Assad and you're making her arguments while telling me to 'get over it'. Classic!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Actually you did about 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post:
        Does that fact it might not mean shit if we remove him negate the fact is regime is a threat?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Does that fact it might not mean shit if we remove him negate the fact is regime is a threat?
          Stop twisting his words!
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I think your last paragraph actually is consistent with what I wrote, so I don't know that I would argue against it.
            OK, I wasn't sure so wanted to clarify. When it comes to large scale destruction, I'm far more concerned about the Chinese than the Russians. The Russians, even during the Cold War, made sure that total nut cases did not obtain highly strategic weaponry (see, for example, Ceausescu in Romania), though the concept made for a fun Tom Clancy novel. I'd expect if the Russians really had the North Koreans in their sphere of influence that the Kim goon squad would have been eliminated long ago; the reality is the North is in the Chinese sphere of influence.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

You are correct and I at times, when feeling under attack, don;t vet my words well enough. Care to point out where I said it was a fact prior to my obviously aggravated response?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am the one criticizing her view on Russia and Assad and you're making her arguments while telling me to 'get over it'. Classic!
                No I'm implying that ever since you and I disagreed over the DNC, HRC and the election, you've attempted to lure me into vitriolic exchanges, topic doesn't matter.

This time you succeeded, congrats.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You are correct and I at times, when feeling under attack, don;t vet my words well enough. Care to point out where I said it was a fact prior to my obviously aggravated response?
                  well I could...but honestly it would be more productive for you to try to specifically define why you think Assad is a threat and how. That's what the discussion started out as, me asking for evidence that he was a threat. If you want me to go Google it then we can probably just end the discussion now and save everyone who reads this from wasting more of their time.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

well I could...but honestly it would be more productive for you to try to specifically define why you think Assad is a threat and how. That's what the discussion started out as, me asking for evidence that he was a threat. If you want me to go Google it then we can probably just end the discussion now and save everyone who reads this from wasting more of their time.
                    Fine, when I get home I'll respond.

Comment

• So, we had some actual news today...in case anyone cares. The Son of the POTUS admitted, and supplied the evidence, that he colluded with a foreign entity to try to attempt to influence the election. I believe the country was called Russia? Something like that?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Fine, when I get home I'll respond.

Comment

Agreed...the problem though is that we now have a sizable percentage of the population that is completely ok with Russian meddling because it worked in their favor, and plenty of politicians who conveniently look the other way. Russian meddling is going to continue when so many are defending or enabling it to happen.
                          Where are you getting this information? I think this is a gross exaggeration. I may be wrong but I'd love to see support for this comment.
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• When Krauthammer turns on you, you've got serious issues...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Agreed...the problem though is that we now have a sizable percentage of the population that is completely ok with Russian meddling because it worked in their favor, and plenty of politicians who conveniently look the other way. Russian meddling is going to continue when so many are defending or enabling it to happen.
                              Saw this on twitter and it made me laugh

What percent chance is there that US outrage about foreign election meddling in our politics will curtail US meddling in foreign politics?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Saw this on twitter and it made me laugh

What percent chance is there that US outrage about foreign election meddling in our politics will curtail US meddling in foreign politics?
                                89% are right.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X