Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bald, you like to say you did not vote trump, but constantly tow the trump line. what you are hammering on your keyboard, that we have 300+ pages about twitter feed, is for a reason. twitter is the real trump, and every time he says or does something really wacky and unprecedented, it will be a bunch of comments regarding that latest tweet. you always opt to participate, so this thread isnt some separate animal that you have nothing to do with, you feed the animal and helped it grow to this.

trump says obama wiretapped him, or attacks goldstar family, or gives weight to actual nazis as being good people, or issues a pardon to a overtly racist sheriff or whatever heinous comment or action of the day. great, we discuss how wacky that is, how irresponsible that again trump ran with a breitbart piece of nonsense over his intel briefings, and made yet another historic blunder. day after election we all had all the answers, and there are many reasons so you can actually be saying a bit of truth no matter what you say.

some, a year later, still dont mention that russia stole election by shaping a narrative via thousands of trolls and bots infiltrating every corner of web. that is 1 of many reasons that trump is president, the absolute hate for hrc is another, some actually calling her worst candidate ever when it is absurd thing to say, she was among most qualified candidates and trump was singularly least qualified in history, a reality tv huckster who had a penchant for fondling women against their will and declaring bankruptcies. we have a president with historically low approval ratings, propped up by a popular news channel that dictates trumps actions. weird circular thing, trump listens to fox who backs trumps lies and gross banana republic actions so that trump again is reinforced by that "news" feed.

back to thread, as trump i am sure said something crazy on twitter, and we will comment about maybe we need someone a bit more balanced, with a bit more ability to learn on the job. say any name from any phone book picked at random.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Trump is easily the biggest piece of shit in political history. Not even close. Hillary is like a tiny little turd compared to Trump.

Trump is consistent though, consistently a piece of shit
      The sad thing is that too many of us believe that most of them are pieces of shit - only that the HRC's and other refined politicians are just more refined and skilled at hiding their shittery. Ive listened to way to many stories of HRC and how she treated people in uniform or assigned to her to realize she's no tiny little turd. Honestly Trump just doesnt hide it - and maybe he doesnt care what people think of him so it allows him to just be himself. Not defending him by any stretch of the imagination.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
        bald, you like to say you did not vote trump, but constantly tow the trump line. what you are hammering on your keyboard, that we have 300+ pages about twitter feed, is for a reason. twitter is the real trump, and every time he says or does something really wacky and unprecedented, it will be a bunch of comments regarding that latest tweet. you always opt to participate, so this thread isnt some separate animal that you have nothing to do with, you feed the animal and helped it grow to this.

trump says obama wiretapped him, or attacks goldstar family, or gives weight to actual nazis as being good people, or issues a pardon to a overtly racist sheriff or whatever heinous comment or action of the day. great, we discuss how wacky that is, how irresponsible that again trump ran with a breitbart piece of nonsense over his intel briefings, and made yet another historic blunder. day after election we all had all the answers, and there are many reasons so you can actually be saying a bit of truth no matter what you say.

some, a year later, still dont mention that russia stole election by shaping a narrative via thousands of trolls and bots infiltrating every corner of web. that is 1 of many reasons that trump is president, the absolute hate for hrc is another, some actually calling her worst candidate ever when it is absurd thing to say, she was among most qualified candidates and trump was singularly least qualified in history, a reality tv huckster who had a penchant for fondling women against their will and declaring bankruptcies. we have a president with historically low approval ratings, propped up by a popular news channel that dictates trumps actions. weird circular thing, trump listens to fox who backs trumps lies and gross banana republic actions so that trump again is reinforced by that "news" feed.

back to thread, as trump i am sure said something crazy on twitter, and we will comment about maybe we need someone a bit more balanced, with a bit more ability to learn on the job. say any name from any phone book picked at random.
        I dont use Twitter, partly because I find the mode of communication sadly lacking in ability to forward any actual case. It's inane!

Do you remember the old adage - bad publicity is still good publicity. Thats what Trump is doing - he is masterfully giving you the right hand so you arent watching what the left hand is doing..

And I dont tow the Trump line - I have stated before that the only thing he has done that I agree with is his Supreme Court nomination. Im not certain that this tax plan is any better than any other tax plan (I would be in favor of flat tax - but thats a silly libertarian idea). I believe he is crass and egotistical and unrefined.

My thing is this - just because I can speak to argue "the Trump" side - doesnt make me a Trump supporter. I admit I dont care for HRC, but I find much of the "Look at what he said now" as just more and more whining and dwelling on the wounds opened when she didnt win. Social media is an absolute suck!

As to HRC being the most qualified - she very may well have been the most qualified. Unfortunately, she was also to most people unelectable. She was the wrong person at the wrong time.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          The sad thing is that too many of us believe that most of them are pieces of shit - only that the HRC's and other refined politicians are just more refined and skilled at hiding their shittery. Ive listened to way to many stories of HRC and how she treated people in uniform or assigned to her to realize she's no tiny little turd. Honestly Trump just doesnt hide it - and maybe he doesnt care what people think of him so it allows him to just be himself. Not defending him by any stretch of the imagination.
          It's not just that. It's the way he has absolutely no desire to craft any type of policy that benefits someone other than the rich.

So the combo of being a lousy human being and having zero desire to craft legislation that would actually benefit a great percentage of Americans puts him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of HRC treating people like peasants.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Meh, this is because there is no solid challenger yet.

Do you have any odds if it were Trump vs. Generic Democratic Challenger? Is there a "Field Bet?"
            Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Last month, generic Democratic candidate was up +10 http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...p-by-10-points

Last week, a NBC News/ WSJ poll had Generic Dem candidate +16: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...ber%20Poll.pdf
            Why does this complacency sound remarkably familiar?

The "generic challenger" ... a hero will emerge ... all sounds like a corny superhero movie to me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dq4aOaDXIfY" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Another reason Trump is the biggest piece of shit in Presidential history. Trump just says, "Fuck those kids".

And the entire GOP are asshats.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• johnny, love that classic tina turner music. that was the super-woman independent dont mess with her anthem for so many. the truth, of course, was she was trapped in a long term abusive relationship with a tyrannical crack addict famous for leaving tina turner with a broken jaw in a bloody limo shortly after a performance. but the video playing in back shows a great movie. mad max, starring mel gibson as our hero. he rehabed his image but was on the outs with american public for awhile after his drunken anti semetic tirade. A bummer, as I always loved his movies, but now cant help but think what a terrible human that is on screen.

whats the point of this? more we know about most people, more we get to hear how crappy they are? no, thats not it. people want to build you up so they can knock you down? no? how about this, we all are arguing over fugazzi, we are allowed the illusion of various freedoms like freedom of speech, while the top .01 (top 1/10th of 1 percent) have more wealth than bottom 90% in this country, and just passed a tax bill that will quantum leap that into even more obscene "parity" till we have literal blood flowing like rivers in the streets.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                  johnny, love that classic tina turner music. that was the super-woman independent dont mess with her anthem for so many. the truth, of course, was she was trapped in a long term abusive relationship with a tyrannical crack addict famous for leaving tina turner with a broken jaw in a bloody limo shortly after a performance. but the video playing in back shows a great movie. mad max, starring mel gibson as our hero. he rehabed his image but was on the outs with american public for awhile after his drunken anti semetic tirade. A bummer, as I always loved his movies, but now cant help but think what a terrible human that is on screen.

whats the point of this? more we know about most people, more we get to hear how crappy they are? no, thats not it. people want to build you up so they can knock you down? no? how about this, we all are arguing over fugazzi, we are allowed the illusion of various freedoms like freedom of speech, while the top .01 (top 1/10th of 1 percent) have more wealth than bottom 90% in this country, and just passed a tax bill that will quantum leap that into even more obscene "parity" till we have literal blood flowing like rivers in the streets.
                  we need more stream-of-consciousness posts from you.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Trump is easily the biggest piece of shit in political history. Not even close. Hillary is like a tiny little turd compared to Trump.

Trump is consistent though, consistently a piece of shit

Comment

Honestly Trump just doesnt hide it - and maybe he doesnt care what people think of him so it allows him to just be himself. Not defending him by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

• It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

Comment

Another reason Trump is the biggest piece of shit in Presidential history. Trump just says, "Fuck those kids".

And the entire GOP are asshats.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...mpression=true
                          I read a news story early this morning saying CHIP funding through March was passed by the House yesterday. Strange that NBC would run this story today when the reality is not what they would lead us to believe. There's no way CHIP isnt funded as it has bipartisan support. The only argument is where does the money come from but at the end of the day it will get funded.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I dont use Twitter, partly because I find the mode of communication sadly lacking in ability to forward any actual case. It's inane!
                            I realize Twitter confuses a lot of people. But you are the director of your own Twitter movie, basically, because the choice of who you follow is yours and yours alone. If you only follow people who make you laugh or think twice or whatever you seek out of it, then your feed will be a source of pleasure.

once you realize that a follow brings you angst, you can just vaporize the follow immediately.

another option, if you prefer, is to follow sensible voices across a spectrum.

bottom line, I hope it's helpful for me to explain that if one's Twitter feed stinks, it's entirely one's own fault.

wow, don't mean to sound so harsh. but it is true.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• i dont use twitter at all. dont get the point, is there a channel that you pick various voices to hear? but the president uses it every day, and those mumblings of a madman are forever part of the public record, and have the weight of the highest office behind them. and we listen, not because we are fans, or wanna be critics, certainly not with the idea that a really brilliant guy is going to be enlightening or motivating for us. this is trump. he has shown us who he is from the start, it is the real voice of his thoughts, not the prepped speeches he struggles through. this is him in his element. and we all marvel and are aghast like the few surviving adults on that episode of twilight zone with the all powerful child who controls life and death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                I realize Twitter confuses a lot of people. But you are the director of your own Twitter movie, basically, because the choice of who you follow is yours and yours alone. If you only follow people who make you laugh or think twice or whatever you seek out of it, then your feed will be a source of pleasure.

once you realize that a follow brings you angst, you can just vaporize the follow immediately.

another option, if you prefer, is to follow sensible voices across a spectrum.

bottom line, I hope it's helpful for me to explain that if one's Twitter feed stinks, it's entirely one's own fault.

wow, don't mean to sound so harsh. but it is true.
                                This is a really good post. I enjoy checking my twitter feed many times per day. I don't follow Trump or any other politicians. I do follow a comedian, a musician, an architecture enthusiast, baseball writers, wineries, and a great site that posted this today... how can you not love this...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X