• Show
Clear All

• I thought it was Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics:

I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramucci, Scaramucci, will you do the Fandango
    Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Our great president was called out in two pretty meaningless lies yesterday -- one by the President of Mexico, who denied calling Trump and congratulating him on how many fewer Mexicans are crossing the border like he claimed in a speech introducing John Kelly; and the Boy Scouts, who denied saying that they thought his Jamboree speech "was the greatest ever."

WTF is wrong with this guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Our great president was called out in two pretty meaningless lies yesterday -- one by the President of Mexico, who denied calling Trump and congratulating him on how many fewer Mexicans are crossing the border like he claimed in a speech introducing John Kelly; and the Boy Scouts, who denied saying that they thought his Jamboree speech "was the greatest ever."

WTF is wrong with this guy?
        This is the fourth or fifth time I have heard him say that somebody told him one of his speeches was the "greatest ever", which raises a question: Is it really a lie if everybody knows it is bullsh*t when you say it, and you know when you say it that everybody knows it is bullsh*t? At some point does it just become a type of reality-based satire?
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          This is the fourth or fifth time I have heard him say that somebody told him one of his speeches was the "greatest ever", which raises a question: Is it really a lie if everybody knows it is bullsh*t when you say it, and you know when you say it that everybody knows it is bullsh*t? At some point does it just become a type of reality-based satire?
          Absolutely.

The first lie could call into question President Nieto's attitude towards Trump with the Mexican people. Why on earth would this DB speak for him?

The second lie, about the Boy Scouts speech, came after the Boy Scouts publicly apologized for the DB's horrendous, partisan speech. And this this DB comes out and says, no wait, the Boy Scouts actually told me it was the greatest ever. Again, he's speaking for them, and in this case, going against what they just released.

It almost makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Absolutely.

The first lie could call into question President Nieto's attitude towards Trump with the Mexican people. Why on earth would this DB speak for him?

The second lie, about the Boy Scouts speech, came after the Boy Scouts publicly apologized for the DB's horrendous, partisan speech. And this this DB comes out and says, no wait, the Boy Scouts actually told me it was the greatest ever. Again, he's speaking for them, and in this case, going against what they just released.

It almost makes no sense.
            It makes sense only because there is an utterly pathetic segment of the population that will believe anything he says. Trump thinks his cult following represents a much larger percentage of the population than it actually is. Considering the last election, it's little wonder why he thinks this is true.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Every once in a while, a faint thought creeps into my head that maybe this guy (Trump) IS in fact a genius and I am just too thick to fully comprehend and understand him. Then, that thought dissipates and I'm left sad. Reality is such a bitch!

Wall Street Journal Headline: Trump Blames Congress for ‘All-Time’ Poor Relations With Russia. Sub-headline: In tweets, the president seems to suggest the sanctions bill he signed a day before is to blame.

President Donald Trump said Thursday that relations with Russia had deteriorated to an “all-time & very dangerous low,” and seemed to suggest that a new bill slapping sanctions on Russia for its meddling in the 2016 elections was to blame.

In his tweet, the president said, “Our relationship with Russia is at an all-time & very dangerous low. You can thank Congress, the same people that can’t even give us HCare! [health care].”

Mr. Trump on Wednesday signed the sanctions bill, but criticized the limits it places on his ability to lift penalties. The measure overwhelmingly passed both houses of Congress last week.

Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 08-03-2017, 09:10 PM.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• is trying to follow the link you posted........

https://www.wsj.com/articles/...sia-1501772339

PAGE UNAVAILABLE

The document you requested either no longer exists or is not currently available.

You may use the "Back" button in your browser to return to the previous page or click Home to return to the WSJ.com home page.
                Last edited by baldgriff; 08-03-2017, 02:08 PM.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  Every once in a while, a faint thought creeps into my head that maybe this guy (Trump) IS in fact a genius and I am just too thick to fully comprehend and understand him. Then, that thought dissipates and I'm left sad. Reality is such a bitch!

Wall Street Journal Headline: Trump Blames Congress for ‘All-Time’ Poor Relations With Russia. Sub-headline: In tweets, the president seems to suggest the sanctions bill he signed a day before is to blame.

http://https://www.wsj.com/articles/...sia-1501772339

I guess that Trump wasn't paying a lot of attention in 1962 when the US and Russia almost has a Nuclear war...just spitballing here, but I think THAT might have been the "All Time" low period in relations between the two countries...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I think I don't really know how to post a link. I'll try to fix it.
                    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Hey, today was a big day on vacation for the Orange Prez...N. Korea was revealed to have miniaturized their nukes to the point where they can be delivered by their existing missiles, if I understand it correctly. Donald responded with calm and restraint, as he always does:

In a press conference at his Bedminster, New Jersey property, Mr Trump warned that North Korean ruler Kim Jong-un "best not make any more threats to the US".

"They will be met with fire and fury and frankly power the likes of which the world has never seen before,"
                      Mr Trump said, in his first public comments since the news broke.
                      Hey! Nothing like a little bluster to get another crazy megalomaniac to back down! Sigh...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Hey! Nothing like a little bluster to get another crazy megalomaniac to back down! Sigh...
                        Oh settle down, seriously, what's the worst that can happen? ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Hmmm...our president on vacation while a possible nuclear crisis unfolds. Didn't a certain someone criticize Obama for vacationing?

Comment

• F*ck Nazis. They're the worst.

On a related note, is everyone familiar with Rich Higgins now? I would like to know how many copies of this guy there are in the Trump Administration.

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Trump has once again shown himself to be a craven coward. With his lack of criticism about the Nazis in Charlottesville, he tacitly endorses it. With something like this, there's no grey area, so let's not make that mistake.

Here's what the vile website "Daily Stormer" had to say about Trump's reaction:

"Trump comments were good, he didn't attack us, he just said that the Nation should come together, nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate...on both sides!

So he implied that the antifa were haters.

There was virtually no counter-signalling against us at all.

He said that he loves us all.

And refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him.

That my friends, is a direct quote from the "Daily Stormer", perhaps the worst website I've ever visited...those are the people that love Donald Trump, and perhaps, the people that he loves in return.

BTW, the White House schedule lists NO public events today...none.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• The domino-effect of CEO's resigning from Trump's committee in the wake of is ridiculous comments following Charlottesville, is right and good.

A couple of things that come to my mind our of this:

1. I think the more Trump can be placed on an island and be isolated is a good thing. Make him more and more irrelevant. My hope would be that businesses continue to reject him, and that Republicans will do the same. This is the opportunity they have probably been looking for.
                                2. I would love to know how many of those business leaders that have resigned from the now defunct committees have contracts with Trump's businesses now? Are they pulling dollars from those projects? The one glaring to me, and probably the easiest to track is the AFL-CIO. If you're going to grandstand by resigning from the committees because it is right and expendient to distance yourself and your business from Trump, you better have the cojones to walking away from business dealing with citizen Trump, as well.
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X