This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Chuck Schumer:

"Making sure that Assad knows that when he commits such despicable atrocities he will pay a price is the right thing to do. It is now incumbent on the Trump administration to come up with a coherent strategy and consult with Congress."
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      I agree with Chuck Schumer:

"Making sure that Assad knows that when he commits such despicable atrocities he will pay a price is the right thing to do. It is now incumbent on the Trump administration to come up with a coherent strategy and consult with Congress."
      After all, that's what armchair QB Donald Trump implored Obama to do.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373146637184401408">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        After all, that's what armchair QB Donald Trump implored Obama to do.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373146637184401408">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
        So you're saying he's a hypocrite. That's news?

All kidding aside, being a private citizen with a bully pulpit is a lot different than being Preident. The day he got the detailed security briefing was probably the day he changed his mind on a lot of his campaign rhetoric. Or at least I'd hope so. Reality has a way of smacking you right in the balls.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I agree with Chuck Schumer:

While I think Schumer is the devil reincarnate, I actually agree with him on this. I want to know the "what's next" part, too!
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            So you're saying he's a hypocrite. That's news?
            Why continue to give him a pass over that? It's like saying Bill Clinton liked the ladies, so why was the Monica Lewinsky episode news?

As Donnie hits the links today for the 16th time so far:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/gretawire">@gretawire</a>: PresObama is not busy talking to Congress about Syria..he is playing golf ...go figure&quot;</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/376556729603223552">September 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Why continue to give him a pass over that? It's like saying Bill Clinton liked the ladies, so why was the Monica Lewinsky episode news?

As Donnie hits the links today for the 16th time so far:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/gretawire">@gretawire</a>: PresObama is not busy talking to Congress about Syria..he is playing golf ...go figure&quot;</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/376556729603223552">September 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
              I don't think anyone is giving him a pass. But I think there are many people including the media that are acting as if they are surprised. And, Bill like the ladies? Who knew?!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                I don't think anyone is giving him a pass. But I think there are many people including the media that are acting as if they are surprised. And, Bill like the ladies? Who knew?!
                I don't think that they're surprised that he's doing any of it, I think that they're simply surprised at the brazen manner in which he does it. He seems to think that nobody will notice, and if they do notice, they shouldn't care, because he's the President!

I think that the one thing that this will surely accomplish, is for all politician, and aspiring politicians, to make their Twitter feeds as bland as possible.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I think that the one thing that this will surely accomplish, is for all politician, and aspiring politicians, to make their Twitter feeds as bland as possible.
                  LOL. His old Twitter feed is a compost bin of hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

I'm not sure I agree. Didn't this help get Trump elected ? Not sure it really hurts him at all. It is amazing that it doesn't, but he got elected after saying a lot of stupid crap and telling a lot of lies. Don't know what anyone can take away from that. My opinion is that people were willing to ignore it because the other options were seen as more of the same, and people weren't happy with that. The only people I see offended or upset are people who would never vote for him anyway. It's always been conventional wisdom not to say controversial stuff, but Trump seemed to make it work. I think there are better lessons to be learned from the Trump presidency, I hope we learn them.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I'm not sure I agree. Didn't this help get Trump elected ? Not sure it really hurts him at all. It is amazing that it doesn't, but he got elected after saying a lot of stupid crap and telling a lot of lies. Don't know what anyone can take away from that. My opinion is that people were willing to ignore it because the other options were seen as more of the same, and people weren't happy with that. The only people I see offended or upset are people who would never vote for him anyway. It's always been conventional wisdom not to say controversial stuff, but Trump seemed to make it work. I think there are better lessons to be learned from the Trump presidency, I hope we learn them.
                      One of the things about Twitter is that it's a pretty small universe, until people dig into the past and come up with contradictory quotes and they're released again by the MSM. I think that's just one of the reason that his approval ratings are continue to plummet, people realize the incredible hypocrisy that characterize the man and his actions. So I think that Twitterverse is going to become a very bland ground for politicians in the future. There are not likely to be more Trumps out there, IMO. Nobody that had his platform, nobody that public recognition, nobody that had the sheer chutzpah to do what he's done. Bottom line is that he's about reached his baseline in approval where he can't go lower, but I don't see him climbing out of the depths too soon either.

But you're certainly right about the lessons that are needed to be learned from both his candidacy, and his Presidency.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Holy smokes, every time a member of Team Trump starts to take on a little water, nobody remembers him any more. Mike Flynn became just a "campaign volunteer". Manafort didn't play a significant role for a significant amount of time. Bannon is someone Trump knows, but he didn't have much to do with the campaign, because it was already basically over when he got there. Now Carter Page is somebody nobody has ever met, and Trump just threw his name out in an interview as a foreign policy advisor because he was under pressure.

I know how that can happen. The other night I was having a beer with some guys, and one of them asked me if I had ever dated anyone famous. It put me under a lot of pressure, because I have not dated anyone famous, but I didn't want to admit it, so I just blurted out "Keith Olbermann". I'm pretty sure that will come back to haunt me.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          Holy smokes, every time a member of Team Trump starts to take on a little water, nobody remembers him any more. Mike Flynn became just a "campaign volunteer". Manafort didn't play a significant role for a significant amount of time. Bannon is someone Trump knows, but he didn't have much to do with the campaign, because it was already basically over when he got there. Now Carter Page is somebody nobody has ever met, and Trump just threw his name out in an interview as a foreign policy advisor because he was under pressure.

I know how that can happen. The other night I was having a beer with some guys, and one of them asked me if I had ever dated anyone famous. It put me under a lot of pressure, because I have not dated anyone famous, but I didn't want to admit it, so I just blurted out "Keith Olbermann". I'm pretty sure that will come back to haunt me.
                          I'm sure he was a stimulating conversationalist...

Yeah, the Carter Page thing is pretty damning. The FBI got a FISA warrant so that they could specifically monitor his contacts with Russia, and they've apparently gotten it renewed several times. So they need to have some pretty hard information to get a court to order one of those, let alone to renew it. So that's another tie to the Kremlin, since the order was specifically targeting Page, supposedly for acting as an agent of a foreign power...in this case Russia.

But yeah, he was never in the Trump inner circle...LOL.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• I don't know what's a more accurate description of this administration..Train Wreck or Dumpster Fire.

The Stupid is deafening.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Okay, here is my observation this morning on our President. It seems that when he finally starts to figure out that something is not as simple or easy as he had apparently imagined, he concludes that it must have been a mystery to everyone else as well. "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated." The history of China and Korea is "not as simple as people would think." Is he really this far behind the curve?

I wonder about the commitment of the administration to history altogether. Sean Spicer has his Hitler meltdown, and then Trump says US/Soviet relations are now at an all-time low. I was pretty young during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Does anyone remember anything about that?
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Things not going good in the polls?

Drop the largest non nuclear bomb in history in Afghanistan.

Yes I know they were targeting Isis in the mountains, but there is NO way to assure there weren't civilians in the area, especially with that weapons blast radius.

In other news, the US accidentally kills 18 syrian allies (fighting on our side for those who lump all syrians together)

US Military policy, Bringin the BOOM!
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X