Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who want Bannon out so badly: be careful what you ask for ... the president met with Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and Sarah Palin yesterday evening ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I'm guessing Jeff Sessions won't be spending Christmas in Hawai'i. Yikes that was a tone deaf comment.

Comment

• At least he apologized! Oh, wait, no.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• God, every time I think that these people can't make any more mistakes, they simply double down. None of them seem to have the basic idea of how government works, how the checks and balances are applied, and why they exist. Sessions is the AG, the highest law enforcement official in the land, and he doesn't seem to understand the role of federal judges in the system.

And remember those 46 US attorneys that were fired a month ago by Sessions? Yeah, nobody has been hired to fill those positions, nobody. Let that sink in...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            To those who want Bannon out so badly: be careful what you ask for ... the president met with Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and Sarah Palin yesterday evening ...

Wow. I thought this was photoshopped until just now.

Hats off in the house, guys. Where are all the Secret Service agents?
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by revo, 11/16/16
              The dude already didn't realize how much he would need to be in Washington. I think he did this whole presidency thing as a total lark, never once thinking he'd actually win. Now that he has, most reports are stating that he's totally underestimated the commitment. Heck, he's already blown off the press pool twice in a week, which shows he can't take the constant shadowing.

As far as impeachment, between the Dems and the Repubs he's pissed off, and the fact he's skating on thin ice regarding the business being in a "blind trust" -- Ivanka was already caught using the 60 Minutes appearance to hawk jewelry -- this could be more likely.

Either way, no way this guy makes it four years.
              It was so obvious that he was going to hate being president, what with all the things that go with it. I'm still taking the under on my 23 month threshold.

"He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

A wealthy businessman from New York, Trump assumed public office for the first time when he entered the White House on Jan. 20 after he defeated former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in an upset."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                It was so obvious that he was going to hate being president, what with all the things that go with it. I'm still taking the under on my 23 month threshold.

"He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

A wealthy businessman from New York, Trump assumed public office for the first time when he entered the White House on Jan. 20 after he defeated former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in an upset."
                http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17U0CA
                Geez, how much did he play golf before he was president?

Semi-related, Gorsuch so far is nothing I hoped for and everything I feared. We are truly screwed. Not only is he a disaster, but he is an extremely aggressive disaster. I hope I will be able to retire soon and turn off my lawyer brain.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Semi-related, Gorsuch so far is nothing I hoped for and everything I feared. We are truly screwed. Not only is he a disaster, but he is an extremely aggressive disaster. I hope I will be able to retire soon and turn off my lawyer brain.
                  I'm excited! What did he do?
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Latest on the Donald.

Checks and Balances are in his opinion Archaic.

The First Amendment needs to be reviewed or at the very least there needs to be a NEW amendment allowing him to sue journalists who write critical articles about him and his family/friends.

And.......get ready for this.......he wonders shy there even WAS a Civil war and from his perspective, if jackson were president, he would have prevented it because he was Tough, but had a big heart.

Ladies and Gentlemen YOUR 45th President of the United States.

Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 05-01-2017, 12:48 PM.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Latest on the Donald.

The First Amendment needs to be reviewed or at the very least there needs to be a NEW amendment allowing him to sue journalists who write critical articles about him and his family/friends.

And.......get ready for this.......he wonders shy there even WAS a Civil war and from his perspective, if jackson were president, he would have prevented it because he was Tough, but had a big heart.

I was hoping it wasnt true - I was wrong - UGH

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...nt-god-help-us

Comment

Latest on the Donald.

Two things to say: 1) This is mostly Hillary's fault for not running a decent campaign and 2)

Comment

• Maybe he's studying ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Incidentally, “Why was there the Civil War?” is also one of the questions on the U.S. citizenship test. <a href="https://t.co/wJosbOgJLB">pic.twitter.com/wJosbOgJLB</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Teague Beckwith (@ryanbeckwith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryanbeckwith/status/859074997016514560">May 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Hmmm...I'll take this one on tonight. Especially the Civil War one.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Latest on the Donald.

The Constitution is archaic, OK? When was it written, five hundred years ago?

Yes, we're going to add another Amendment for Libeling me. I'm going to have Omarosa write it and I'll sign off. I'm going to start by suing you!

President Jackson was a great man, he's on the Twenty. That Lincoln guy knew nothing about winning! I win so much I can't even stand it. I would've ended the Civil War in 30 days by dropping a few MOABs on the South!

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
                                The Constitution is archaic, OK? When was it written, five hundred years ago?

Yes, we're going to add another Amendment for Libeling me. I'm going to have Omarosa write it and I'll sign off. I'm going to start by suing you!

President Jackson was a great man, he's on the Twenty. That Lincoln guy knew nothing about winning! I win so much I can't even stand it. I would've ended the Civil War in 30 days by dropping a few MOABs on the South!
                                We r Lucky to have u here on RJ
                                --------------------------------------
                                You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X