RJ Highball Draft discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    I like my team as well and history says that I will be very good this season since it is an odd number year...

2012 - 10th
    2011 - 1st
    2010 - 8th
    2009 - 1st
    2008 - 6th
    2007 - 2nd
    2006 - 4th
    2005 - 2nd

I'm the Bret Saberhagen of RJ Hoops...
    If I'm correct this is my fourth year in the league.

1st year: Second
    2nd year: Somewhere in the bottom. Probably last.
    Last year: Third

Comment

• Well this will help Len's and Gortat's value.

Comment

• I own Gortat, Nene and now Frye (who I was going to grab even before this trade was announced if Len was gone), so this effects me greatly (hopefully in a positive way). Nene gets to play his natural PF instead of C and Frye gets a boost in playing time while Len develops.

Comment

• JC: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/98...3-months-trade
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• In general I think I took too many old guys early in hopes that they wouldn't decline, but I'm happy with the way the bottom of my draft went. It's not unlikely that on opening night I will have 15 guys in the starting lineup (everyone except Gibson, Henson, and my 18th pick), most of whom have decent upside. That may not have been the correct thing to be using as my primary consideration, but I think Ariza is the only one that doesn't have some breakout potential.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Sent my Round 18 pick to Ryno, onejayhawk, and Piney Boy.

Comment

• Pick will be up before 9pm EST. Movie night with my wife. Life sure does change when you become parents.

Comment

• Wait til they leave. It will be sooner than you think.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I like McRob and Miles Plumlee at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Wait til they leave. It will be sooner than you think.

J
                      The time does fly. 2 yrs in - where did they go?

The other lifestyle change has been the amount of time my wife and I have together, or free on our own. Totally changes.

We're happy - our son is a great kid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                        The time does fly. 2 yrs in - where did they go?

The other lifestyle change has been the amount of time my wife and I have together, or free on our own. Totally changes.

We're happy - our son is a great kid!
                        That's great to hear...he's got a good dad, which is a good start.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I think joncarlos has timed out, so Ryno is now up.

Comment

• At 10 pm et I will be starting the league. Those of us that have picks outstanding will still have to pick in turn and Amit and I will add those players to the rosters. Everyone will have to set rosters as the players will all be on the bench. Please no waiver moves as starting the league will cause waivers to start. Once I pick the draft is done.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Well, crap. He seemed to be doing OK in the preseason.

Comment

• What was the last pick?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X