No announcement yet.

RJ Highball Draft discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh......I am not that happy with my team. Not enough blocks again. A 4th rd pick that could lose his starting gig. 2 PGs that could be sharing the job. Another year at the bottom it seems even with Durant.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• My team is old, injured, and unproven...in other words, pretty typical for me.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• pjs24 timed out. onejayhawk is up.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• I really like my starting five of Conley, Bryant, Harden, Gasol and Cousins, if, of course, Kobe can play and be Kobe for 70 games or so. If he can't, then Mayo becomes a really important piece for me. I think he can have a great fantasy year in Milwaukee.

Comment

• I like my team as well and history says that I will be very good this season since it is an odd number year...

2012 - 10th
            2011 - 1st
            2010 - 8th
            2009 - 1st
            2008 - 6th
            2007 - 2nd
            2006 - 4th
            2005 - 2nd

I'm the Bret Saberhagen of RJ Hoops...

Comment

• Yeah, I'm really sad that I waited too long on OJ Mayo. I think he's going to be a monster.

My team is at or slightly under most of my statistical targets, except for points where they're way over. Which is weird since I never draft enough scoring. I guess everyone in this league likes the 6 category guys who can't shoot more than I do. My weaknesses are 3s and steals, so hopefully Shumpert can get some starts and some steals for me.

Hibbert, Batum and Love are all high ceiling guys but I'm not sure how likely they are to reach them. I don't feel good about starting Cody Zeller, but Love can always slide over to center if JJ Hickson breaks out and someone from my bench is able to play every day (I'm looking at you, Caron Butler). The lack of a second double-double guy probably hurts me.

Comment

• While I like a lot of the guys on my team I am not sure I like the team as a whole. Lots of holes.

Comment

• Man, D-Will has been at the top of my list for like 5 rounds now, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'll really regret it if Love gets hurt again. But when Love and Pek are healthy I just don't see how he gets much playing time.

Comment

• Either all you guys overdrafted wing players, or I have a serious miscalculation. My Assists and 3pt shooting are bottm scraping, though not like my FT% last year.

Amare Stoudemire is still out there in red eye rounds. How the mighty have fallen and just 30 years old. IIRC he went 7th one year.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Either all you guys overdrafted wing players, or I have a serious miscalculation. My Assists and 3pt shooting are bottm scraping, though not like my FT% last year.

Amare Stoudemire is still out there in red eye rounds. How the mighty have fallen and just 30 years old. IIRC he went 7th one year.

J
                      Funny, I thought wings were way underdrafted. I know there are tons and tons of them out there but I thought guys like Pierce, Wes Matthews, Mayo, Deng, Butler, etc lasted way too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Man, D-Will has been at the top of my list for like 5 rounds now, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'll really regret it if Love gets hurt again. But when Love and Pek are healthy I just don't see how he gets much playing time.
                        Don't worry about not drafting Williams...it's pretty clear that Adelman loathes him and his game. They keep trying to make him into a small, but no matter how much weight he loses, it's a square peg in a round hole. Pretty sure that they picked up his option just so the club has an option to deal him for his max value.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Funny, I thought wings were way underdrafted. I know there are tons and tons of them out there but I thought guys like Pierce, Wes Matthews, Mayo, Deng, Butler, etc lasted way too long.
                          I give you Mayo. I was hoping he made it back to me. Brian snagged him just two picks ahead. Matthews and Deng I can also understand to a lesser extent, but Butler? He's old, slow and one dimensional. The one I am having second thoughts about is Michael Carter-Williams.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            I give you Mayo. I was hoping he made it back to me. Brian snagged him just two picks ahead. Matthews and Deng I can also understand to a lesser extent, but Butler? He's old, slow and one dimensional. The one I am having second thoughts about is Michael Carter-Williams.

J
                            I think he means Jimmy, not Caron.

The guys I wanted who went shortly before my pick were Evan Turner, Greg Monroe, Isaiah Thomas, and James Anderson.

I like my team as long as nobody gets worse just because they're old and a year older. But that shouldn't happen, right?
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Don't worry about not drafting Williams...it's pretty clear that Adelman loathes him and his game. They keep trying to make him into a small, but no matter how much weight he loses, it's a square peg in a round hole. Pretty sure that they picked up his option just so the club has an option to deal him for his max value.
                              Who really needs a PF that will trade for him? I think they're just hoping for injuries. Sacramento makes some sense. Maybe Portland if they slide Aldridge to the 5. Houston if they get rid of Asik (maybe a 3-team trade there). Maybe a team like ORL or PHI who wants Williams for next year. The Lakers if they decide to try this year. I don't think OKC wants to take on a project, amnesty Perk and play Ibaka at the 5 all the time. The Wiz? They have Otto Porter but they also want to win now. Utah?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                                I love me some Lou Williams.

How do you guys like your team? I'm not sure if it's a good or bad sign, but I love my team. At worst it's mostly filled with guys I enjoy watching. I think my only mistake was forgetting that Nash was still available. Otherwise I would have taken him instead of Bargnani. I was looking for a big so I lost sight of the fact that he was still out there.
                                I'm pretty happy with my team, but a lot depends on the health of Aldridge and Westbrook. If they (and Lou Williams) are healthy, I think my team should score a lot of points and have good balance overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X