No announcement yet.

RJ Highball Draft Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have taken Roy if Love hadn't gotten hurt...but couldn't pass on Williams. He had tremendous stats when he was filling in for Love last year. Hoping for the same...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I would have taken Roy if Love hadn't gotten hurt...but couldn't pass on Williams. He had tremendous stats when he was filling in for Love last year. Hoping for the same...
      This was actually going to be my pick then I had a complete rain far lt because I was already late.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
        This was actually going to be my pick then I had a complete rain far lt because I was already late.
        Well, I appreciate your rain far...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Well, I appreciate your rain far...
          Auto corrected lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomhobbes View Post
            11.06 Bradley Beal
            4th rookie in your starting lineup? Can't see this turning out great. Rookie classes just don't have the history of panning out en masse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              4th rookie in your starting lineup? Can't see this turning out great. Rookie classes just don't have the history of panning out en masse.
              And its still early for keeper fliers.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

The only one I consider a real risk is Royce White, and I just had to have him because I'm a fan of his game and I'm rooting for him. I'm confident that Lillard will be good, and that MKG and Beal will be at least solid. They should also get a lot of playing time. I'd say Beal is a little riskier than MKG but has higher upside too. I should've taken Brandon Roy but I mistakenly thought everyone else was going to overlook him for a while longer.

Also, I have two keepers in rounds 14 and 15 who are gonna be in my starting lineup. Unless I'm misunderstanding how this all works, at least a couple of the rookies won't be in my starting lineup.
                Last edited by ; 10-18-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Looks like another day of slow drafting; this is brutal. I nominate a 2 hour time limit, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
                    Looks like another day of slow drafting; this is brutal. I nominate a 2 hour time limit, no?
                    You're going to need to mellow out. The time rules were established and open for discussion long ago. Being at one end of the draft means long waits. It also meant you got 1st overall (and I got 2nd). If people time out, skip them. These are the rules we agreed to.

We are on a pace that is no threat to having complete rosters before the 1st game tip off.

A 2 hr time rule would kill me personally every day between 3:30pm and 7pm. This is the time I go pick up my son from daycare, wait for my wife to get home, then I cook dinner, we eat together as a family then bath time for our son and the bed time routine. Takes 3.5 hrs. Not only am I unwilling to get up to speed on picks during this "window" I am not willing to suffer the wrath of my wife for doing so. And I sure can't/won't deprive myself of these precious few weekday hours (210 minutes give or take) I get to spend with my 1 yr old.

My $0.02.

Comment

You're going to need to mellow out. The time rules were established and open for discussion long ago. Being at one end of the draft means long waits. It also meant you got 1st overall (and I got 2nd). If people time out, skip them. These are the rules we agreed to.

We are on a pace that is no threat to having complete rosters before the 1st game tip off.

A 2 hr time rule would kill me personally every day between 3:30pm and 7pm. This is the time I go pick up my son from daycare, wait for my wife to get home, then I cook dinner, we eat together as a family then bath time for our son and the bed time routine. Takes 3.5 hrs. Not only am I unwilling to get up to speed on picks during this "window" I am not willing to suffer the wrath of my wife for doing so. And I sure can't/won't deprive myself of these precious few weekday hours (210 minutes give or take) I get to spend with my 1 yr old.

My $0.02.
                      Thank you Simon. I felt weird saying this also since it was a complaint about me.

As for me I am up at 4:30 am and have to be at work at 6:00 am which is in a computer lab where outside connections are dissallowed. Then I come back and have to give status which is to about 10:30 am. I am finally able to have some "free" time.

I am guilty of not sending a list. I am sorry. I was too tired last night to do so and went to bed early.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• I'm sorry, I should have included "my $0.02" as to not be portrayed as someone needing to mellow out.

i think there were 6 total picks yesterday, and at that rate we won't finish before the season tips off. The draft has been moving at a snails pace since Saturday.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
                          I'm sorry, I should have included "my $0.02" as to not be portrayed as someone needing to mellow out.

i think there were 6 total picks yesterday, and at that rate we won't finish before the season tips off. The draft has been moving at a snails pace since Saturday.

Just my $0.02.
                          We will finish in plenty of time. Don't forgot that rounds 14 and 15 are almost half way done because of keepers.

Comment

• I'll have my pick up in about 10-15 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              We will finish in plenty of time. Don't forgot that rounds 14 and 15 are almost half way done because of keepers.
                              You're right Ryno; I failed to take all the upcoming keepers into consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                                12.02 Jamal Crawford, PG/SG
                                I thiugh long and hard about JC here. He is in a nice place with the team, and almost no one else ahs any Ast + 3pt value.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X