No announcement yet.

2011 - 2012 RJ Highball Season Long Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubiiiiooooo! Down 24 to the Bulls? Doesn't matter.

Comment

SOD....Ricky Rubio. The kid is money.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        SOD....Ricky Rubio. The kid is money.
        He makes passing look so effortless. That hook pass lob was insane. It was right on target and looked so easy for him.

Comment

My team FG% is pathetic - Deron Williams (34.7%), John Wall (34.1%), Jamal Crawford (33.7%), Anthony Morrow (39.4%), Channing Frye (40.6%). Come on guys, let's get it going.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            He makes passing look so effortless. That hook pass lob was insane. It was right on target and looked so easy for him.
            That was an awesome play. Just so effortless.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
              My team FG% is pathetic - Deron Williams (34.7%), John Wall (34.1%), Jamal Crawford (33.7%), Anthony Morrow (39.4%), Channing Frye (40.6%). Come on guys, let's get it going.
              I'm sorry Oakland, but the self jinx only works 25 times per season, per league and I've already used up our leagues quota.

That's really unfortunate. :shrug:

Comment

It looks like Yahoo finally fixed the maximum games feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseballjones View Post
                  It looks like Yahoo finally fixed the maximum games feature.
                  Dammit! I've been rationing my starts in fear that I would run out of games. Now I'll need to make those freaking stats up somehow.

Comment

Dammit! I've been rationing my starts in fear that I would run out of games. Now I'll need to make those freaking stats up somehow.
                    Son, you need to give me at least one of my Wolves back...it cold up here.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Son, you need to give me at least one of my Wolves back...it cold up here.
                      Between Rubes and K-Love (UCLA alum), the T-Wolves are my favorite non-Warriors team this season.

Comment

Between Rubes and K-Love (UCLA alum), the T-Wolves are my favorite non-Warriors team this season.
                        They are wildly inconsistent, but you can see the diamonds being slowly turned into something that's going to be pretty nice. They still need a real center and off-guard, but they have 3 building blocks to work with for the 1st time. Now give me Rubio for Rodney Stuckey...you know that you want to do it...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

They are wildly inconsistent, but you can see the diamonds being slowly turned into something that's going to be pretty nice. They still need a real center and off-guard, but they have 3 building blocks to work with for the 1st time. Now give me Rubio for Rodney Stuckey...you know that you want to do it...
                          For me, part of their maddening inconsistency is what makes them fun to watch.

And I'm going to pass on Stuckey. Interested in Derrick Williams and Anthony Randolph? :-)

Comment

A couple of observations from tonight's Lob City/Heat game:

1. I'm so happy the NBA is back. All of us hoop heads know that the quality of the NBA has been on an upward trajectory, but tonight's game is further evidence of how good it is.
                            2. Blake Griffin gets beat up. At one point in the game I thought Bosh broke his nose.
                            3. Shane Battier is the dirtiest player in the NBA.
                            4. This Heat team is physical.
                            5. If the Lobs get their offense together, they'll be dangerous, especially at home where they have raucous fans.
                            6. I have never believed in Mario Chalmers but dude is having a very good season so far.
                            7. Del Negro is the coach. CP3 and Chauncey are.

Comment

Love me some Love. Poor shooting last week but still really great numbers from a PF/C eligible guy.

Comment

I am happy as long as I stay above BBJ.

Actually very interesting there has not been a runaway leader yet. Very close for the top 5 so far. I do not expect my team to keep it up.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X