RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    I feel so left out from all the trading. Has anyone else who is competing for this year not made a trade? I just really have a hard time trading picks. It feels like picks are just being thrown around with no regard. I mean guys this isn't like a Kim Kardashian wedding, this is a long term commitment.
    It's really personal preference. If you feel your team is good enough to compete for the title without trading then good for you.

I felt I was very weak at WR3 and added Steve Smith. Yes, I gave up a 2nd rd pick, but that's the chance I take. I don't think it will hurt me that much.

Comment

I feel so left out from all the trading. Has anyone else who is competing for this year not made a trade? I just really have a hard time trading picks. It feels like picks are just being thrown around with no regard. I mean guys this isn't like a Kim Kardashian wedding, this is a long term commitment.
      Flags fly forever. Phreak is competing fine despite baring his cupboard last year. I crapped the bed despite having what looked like a stacked time with my extra picks. Youre conservative by nature and I understand that but sometimes you need to take the plunge. IMHO, Rice was one of those guys that swings the balance of power. There also isnt much else available in terms of star talent. Andre Johnson comes to mind but health is an issue.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
        It's really personal preference. If you feel your team is good enough to compete for the title without trading then good for you.

I felt I was very weak at WR3 and added Steve Smith. Yes, I gave up a 2nd rd pick, but that's the chance I take. I don't think it will hurt me that much.
        I don't have any problem with the trades, I am just surprised so many picks and so many high picks are going. I agree sometimes you have to go for it, but I personally am having a hard time finding it beneficial enough to trade high picks for players. That said I have only tried to get one RB and got outbid, I like my WR's so I haven't tried too much there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Flags fly forever. Phreak is competing fine despite baring his cupboard last year. I crapped the bed despite having what looked like a stacked time with my extra picks. Youre conservative by nature and I understand that but sometimes you need to take the plunge. IMHO, Rice was one of those guys that swings the balance of power. There also isnt much else available in terms of star talent. Andre Johnson comes to mind but health is an issue.
          Yeah I find it much easier to go for in baseball. I am 100% willing to trade my farm players or picks there, but in football I just can't get past the idea of trading really high regular picks.

Comment

• I traded for Battle for A Hernandez (and a 8th rounder for 11th rounder) to fill in next week while ADP is on bye and upgraded from Romo to Brady with Fred Davis. I had to decide if how much I like benching one of Coston/VJack/AJ Green, my first Round pick and one of my "keepers" over Rice. Obviously, for this year Rice is a huge upgrade and in the end I wussed out.

Comment

• So I was the only "idiot" then to see the need for some Rice.

No offense meant at that comment guys. It was hard for me to give up my 1st when I don't have a 2nd and giving up Maclin hurt, but I felt I needed to make a move with a tough schedule coming up. Also I drafted horribly this year. Going to be interesting next year.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                So I was the only "idiot" then to see the need for some Rice.

No offense meant at that comment guys. It was hard for me to give up my 1st when I don't have a 2nd and giving up Maclin hurt, but I felt I needed to make a move with a tough schedule coming up. Also I drafted horribly this year. Going to be interesting next year.
                for the record Piney, I had 1 other firm 1st round offer and one offer for a 3rd and a 5th round Jimmy Graham.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I've made 2 trades and am 1-1 in my dealings. I dealt Michael Turner and Jeremy Maclin (5th round keeper next year) for Chris Johnson. OUCH!!

I also traded Plaxico Burress for Earnest Graham (the week that Blount got hurt). This trade helped me win in Week 6 then he got hurt during the next week's game and helped me lose in Week 7.
                  14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                  RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                  WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                  TE: Olsen (NA)
                  K: Lutz (7)
                  DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                    I've made 2 trades and am 1-1 in my dealings. I dealt Michael Turner and Jeremy Maclin (5th round keeper next year) for Chris Johnson. OUCH!!
                    And I turned down CJ for Newton & Steve Johnson......whew.....could've blown two seasons out of the water with one horrific trade......

Comment

• #1 waiver priority available...

Everything's for sale...

SDS aka Evil Genius
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        And I turned down CJ for Newton & Steve Johnson......whew.....could've blown two seasons out of the water with one horrific trade......
                        Come on Revo you really thought about doing that one? Cam Newton is the ultimate keeper this year.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

unbelievable.

I have about a 15pt lead over griswold with about 4 minutes remaining in the 4:00pm games, and the bengals proceed to roll off 2 defensive TDs (Punt & Fum recovery) at the 3:22 and 0:36 marks. I lose, 120.8 to 120.4.

That epitomizes my season.
                          there must have been a late scoring change this week when the official stats came out.....I went from a 120.8-120.4 loss to a 121.4-120.8 win. Woooooooo!

Found the scoring change -- the Bills D was credited with a missing sack, from 9 to 10. Sorry Gris!
                          Last edited by revo; 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

there must have been a late scoring change this week when the official stats came out.....I went from a 120.8-120.4 loss to a 121.4-120.8 win. Woooooooo!

Found the scoring change -- the Bills D was credited with a missing sack, from 9 to 10. Sorry Gris!
                            Wow that is brutal for Gris.

Comment

Wow that is brutal for Gris.
                              Wow...doesn't that suck....oh well....no worries.

Thanks for the update, Revo.

Comment

• 4 weeks left of the regular season. SeaDogStat, Hammer and Trautdiggity look to be out of the playoff race. That leaves us with 9 teams fighting for 6 spots. Here's the won-loss record of remaining opponents over the next 4 weeks:

frae (7-2) 1185.6pts: 23-13 (opponent's record)
                                jwlincy (7-2) 1092.6pts: 17-19
                                schlesinj (6-3) 1220.2pts: 20-16
                                Griswold (6-3) 1138.7pts: 15-21
                                phantaciephreak (6-3) 1089.1pts: 21-15
                                davidgrey (6-3) 1088.9pts: 21-15
                                revo (4-5) 1019.8pts: 14-22
                                Stephen (4-5) 983.1pts: 25-12
                                Piney Boy (4-5) 948.9pts: 21-15

Remember that the 1st tiebreaker (after won-loss record) is points scored. So it doesn't matter how you did head-to-head against another team, its just matter how many points you put up over the course of the season.

Good luck gentlemen!!
                                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                                TE: Olsen (NA)
                                K: Lutz (7)
                                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                                X