No announcement yet.

RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't keep 1st or 2nd rounders. We have a -2 system so someone drafted in rd 3 would cost a rd 1 pick. Hence Rd 2 and Rd 1 are thrown back in.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
      Here's a question for the league.....if I trade for a player who was a 2nd rd pick and I trade him for my 2nd rd pick next year and I decide to keep him, then what pick am I replacing in next year's draft?
      Jason will correct me if I am wrong, but I am almost 100% sure that if you have a 2nd rd keeper and you have no 2nd rd pick left you would lose your first rd pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        You can't keep 1st or 2nd rounders. We have a -2 system so someone drafted in rd 3 would cost a rd 1 pick. Hence Rd 2 and Rd 1 are thrown back in.
        I think he means a player who is valued at a 2nd rd keeper, ie a 4th rd pick this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          Jason will correct me if I am wrong, but I am almost 100% sure that if you have a 2nd rd keeper and you have no 2nd rd pick left you would lose your first rd pick.
          Kind of the same idea as if you have two 8th round keepers, one is a 7th rounder and the other is the 8th rounder.

Comment

Keith is correct. You can't keep a player in a particular round if you don't have a draft pick in that round. They would have to move up to the previous round. So in this case the 2nd round keeper could only be kept as a 1st round pick.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
              Here's a question for the league.....if I trade for a player who was a 2nd rd pick and I trade him for my 2nd rd pick next year and I decide to keep him, then what pick am I replacing in next year's draft?
              Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              You can't keep 1st or 2nd rounders. We have a -2 system so someone drafted in rd 3 would cost a rd 1 pick. Hence Rd 2 and Rd 1 are thrown back in.
              But, in that type of scenario, Gris, subbing a 5th RD keeper with no 5th rd pick in your example, you would have to use your 4th rd pick instead.

That scenario was playing out for me, as Revo was pointing out to me, with Shonn Greene where he is a 7th rd keeper (and I had no 6th or 7th rd pick at the time) then he would have been my 5th rd keeper. But, luckily, I still had ammo left (Victor Cruz and Plaxico Burris...right Ed? ) to net me a 7th rd pick...
              Last edited by SeaDogStat; 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM.
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Ok, gotchya! It makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

• Now the more interesting question is if you trade away your first rounder and keep someone like Foster (who was a 1st round keeper this year) what happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                    Now the more interesting question is if you trade away your first rounder and keep someone like Foster (who was a 1st round keeper this year) what happens?
                    You would not have the option to keep Foster in this scenario. You should probably start looking for a trading partner to deal Foster to.
                    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                    TE: Olsen (NA)
                    K: Lutz (7)
                    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                      Now the more interesting question is if you trade away your first rounder and keep someone like Foster (who was a 1st round keeper this year) what happens?
                      I would say you can't keep a 1st rounder if you don't have a 1st rd pick.

Comment

I would say you can't keep a 1st rounder if you don't have a 1st rd pick.
                        correct
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Good trade Hammer....no draft picks were traded though?

That's what was holding me back was giving up the first rd pick.

Comment

• I receive Pineys 1st round pick. Piney receives my 9th round pick.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• in the deal with Phreak, I recieve NABs 4th round pick.

Comment

• I feel so left out from all the trading. Has anyone else who is competing for this year not made a trade? I just really have a hard time trading picks. It feels like picks are just being thrown around with no regard. I mean guys this isn't like a Kim Kardashian wedding, this is a long term commitment.

Comment

Working...
                                X