No announcement yet.

*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it up to me to leave all my options open or can I take the better stat guy knowing it will lock me out of my last pitcher. Or, who really cares, I can come in last with 10 or 11 pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
      Is it up to me to leave all my options open or can I take the better stat guy knowing it will lock me out of my last pitcher. Or, who really cares, I can come in last with 10 or 11 pitchers.

6. If a team backs itself into a corner somehow and is not able to draft any eligible players to complete its team, the blank slot will count as zeros in all categories. Any such team will also have fifteen (15) points deducted from their final score to account for any advantage in ERA, WHIP or AVG that such an empty slot might give. In addition, if anyone runs past their 12 hour clock, then shows up in the Pen but doesn't pick or post why they can't, they are subject to a one point deduction from their final score, if an (absolute) majority of teams vote to apply the penalty in any given case.post.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Yee Haa! Thanks Slasher.

Comment

• Speaking of backed into corners...I can take more than 3 QUIZY's correct ? I think the rules allow for this.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Oh crap, I only need 2? I thought I had 3 pitchers left to fill. Somebody put a fork in me, I'm all cornfused.

Comment

• sent pick to slasher

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Speaking of backed into corners...I can take more than 3 QUIZY's correct ? I think the rules allow for this.
                There is no rule saying you can only draft 3 QUIZY players. The rules state 23 different letters and two wildcard letters. Hell, you can skip M and W if you want....
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  sent pick to slasher
                  sent Johnny and my picks to CJ
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    sent Johnny and my picks to CJ
                    As always, I will vigorously deny I have any such picks, so someone please insist I check my PMs when the time comes.
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I know I'm up, I have a lot of options and need to digest the last 3 picks...
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Uuummm....should I wait for Feral?
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Uuummm....should I wait for Feral?
                          A this stage I think we need to wait.

Comment

• 23.04 Jackie Robinson, 2B, 1951

19 HR, 88 RBI, 106 R, 25 SB, .338 BA

Look at those mundane BY stats... and we made a movie about this dude?!?!?
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• My speadsheet's an older version, and it had a similar decade bug to what slasher probably saw - it stops for pitchers at $25, and p10 is in row 26, so it missed Quantrill

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                                My speadsheet's an older version, and it had a similar decade bug to what slasher probably saw - it stops for pitchers at $25, and p10 is in row 26, so it missed Quantrill
                                glad to know everyone has me blocked...

Pogues is my only friend... i'm gonna eat a worm.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X