*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    For some reason I thought we had 17 drafters...but we still have 15, the same you had last draft. Silly me! I think I've modified it in the places needed, which is essentially the names for each of the draft positions. I'm really not sure though...so if anyone wants to see what I've done to check it, I'll welcome it.
    Arifmatic is hard

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Pick in the am.
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U5sSEkZ86ts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Sorry. Migraine all day. It started to go away but it's back. Pick in the PM.
        Re-fixed

Hope the migraine is gone and feeling better, Wayne... I get them on occasion, debilitating... MSG is an instant migraine initiator for me.
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
          Re-fixed

Hope the migraine is gone and feeling better, Wayne... I get them on occasion, debilitating... MSG is an instant migraine initiator for me.
          Not a Knicks fan, huh?
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• It's still before noon...

my head still hurts. I think it's the initial week of allergy season here. If it's that I'm in trouble because I still am having waves of nausea. I'm hoping lunch will make some things better.

regardless, let me go look and see what it going on and make some picks.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• so when we restarted did we change the rules, or just restart to let people know the rules were different? i.e. are we drafting every decade for hitters now or not?

Comment

• Seems every decade will be used for hitters, because Johnny like torture methods unused in first world countries.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

so when we restarted did we change the rules, or just restart to let people know the rules were different? i.e. are we drafting every decade for hitters now or not?
                  We added 2 roster slots (15 hitters and 12 pitcher). C'est tout.

So yes, every decade for hitters just like VD23 ... and an extra pitching slot so that we maintain an uneven number of rounds.

Comment

It's still before noon...
                    Which sucks because I don't get to post this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eplbDbp6XJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Seems every decade will be used for hitters, because Johnny like torture methods unused in first world countries.
                      VD Rendition

Just don't ask too many questions.

Comment

• so... RJEL question.

Guys on options this year. can extend for $5 a year. Who do I give contracts to and how long?

M Young $20 - Keep and play out or throw back?
                        R Zimmerman $22 - Keep and play out or throw back?
                        B Gardner $4 - Extend 1 year?
                        McCutchen $3 - Extend 2 years? 3?
                        Gallardo - $23 - Keep or throw back?

I don't have a ton of good keepers...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Want to trade one of your good guys for two of mine? I think I have 11 keepers right now plus a few more borderline guys.
                          send me something. I guess anyone aside from McCutchen is available in the right deal.

Comment

• Off-topic bragging break:

Very cool article about one of my clients and his controversial visit to AZ in today's New York Times:

A state law targeting Mexican-American studies courses that are perceived as antiwhite has led to several books being pulled by the Tucson school district.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Awesome article. Arizona is an embarrassment to the union.
                              What makes it even worse is that Phoenix pretty much has total control over the state and they are far more right-wing than most of the state (Flagstaff and Tucson are much more liberal as well as all of the Tribal areas). This why the Baja Arizona movement formed.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

send me something. I guess anyone aside from McCutchen is available in the right deal.
                                also interested in a deal. I'll shoot you an offer too.

Comment

Working...
                                X