*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frae View Post
    Yeah just not sure how they both got to go ahead of me.
    I was facing a Lose Lose situation here ... someone was getting PO'd ... if we re-draw the guys who got the first few picks around are going to be really PO'd. then it would be "if I had've known we were redrawing I wouldn't have voted to restart" etc etc. If I put them in at the end, then the last three drafters will be PO'd because they all chose those slots in the draft draft ... so I decided to drop LJ in the center (because I believe it's the least intrusive position) ... and then Pogues joined next day ... so I pretty much had tot do the same thing.

I was on a hiding to nothing here ... someone was going to complain one way or the other. From my point of view, the middle is the least intrusive, and least controversial.

I suppose I could have done something like put them randomly between slots 4 and 12 ...but why 4 and 12 and not 3 and 13, or 5 and 11? I can't win on this one.

Comment

Just seemed odd to see LJ stay at his spot and both of them slotted in front of me. I'll live and it won't determine how badly I do in the draft, I will take care of that on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I was facing a Lose Lose situation here ... someone was getting PO'd ... if we re-draw the guys who got the first few picks around are going to be really PO'd. then it would be "if I had've known we were redrawing I wouldn't have voted to restart" etc etc. If I put them in at the end, then the last three drafters will be PO'd because they all chose those slots in the draft draft ... so I decided to drop LJ in the center (because I believe it's the least intrusive position) ... and then Pogues joined next day ... so I pretty much had tot do the same thing.

I was on a hiding to nothing here ... someone was going to complain one way or the other. From my point of view, the middle is the least intrusive, and least controversial.

I suppose I could have done something like put them randomly between slots 4 and 12 ...but why 4 and 12 and not 3 and 13, or 5 and 11? I can't win on this one.
        You know JA I have you to now blame for my utter sucking in THIS draft thanks for taking a bullet for my team.:attention:

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

I hear you -- don't feel bad. I don't think anyone gets a distinct advantage or disadvantage. And given how slowly this seems to be taking off, any extra delays would not be wise.

Comment

Has anyone PM'd DMT?

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Has anyone PM'd DMT?
              Yeah ... and sent an email.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                1.02 Ty Cobb OF 1911

Sorry for the delay... had to deal with the disappointment of RR selecting Babe Ruth again after teasing me with the promise of a 3rd different #1 pick...
                Jink!

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  Jink!
                  Cobb's a waste on my team anyway... in the grand scheme of things...
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    So how did I go from picking 7th to 9th? I know pogues got added, but how did I get pushed down?
                    You want 8th, you can have it. I don't really care either way. As long as I'm not picking last every other round and not picking in the other rounds.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      I know it's f*cking Pogues delaying DMT somehow. GOD DAMNIT, POGUES!
                      DMT doesn't care for me, so he's delaying on purpose so I get blamed.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'll stay where I am at, Ohio U won in hoops so all is right in the world for me.

Comment

• Hi, Pogues!
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Hi, Pogues!
                            I wonder if he knows that we are no longer worthy?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              I wonder if he knows that we are no longer worthy?

Well, we can only assume:
                              "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things..."

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• If anyone wants to trade draft positions, I'm fine with dropping down.
                                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                                X