*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    So much for the assumption that you didn't see Milan, and I could let him get by you twice more and take him when I did. i think Doyle was a great pick...since you didn't take Milan!
    That's who I was thinking about with my completely misguided comments earlier.

Comment

• I made a good pick! I made a good pick! (Kauff)

I think there's a decent chance that my second catcher will be off-spreadsheet completely.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Anyone heard from Hacko?

Comment

• When does Hacko time out?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
            When does Hacko time out?
            Must be pretty close ... but I don't think we can be skipping people so late in the draft. It's not like Hacko to disappear for long ... probably just a busy day.

Comment

• Did someone let him know it's his turn?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Did someone let him know it's his turn?
                Yes, I PM'd him.

Comment

• spreadsheet is up to date through Garp's pick.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• here been stuck at work since 4:00am will have pick up shortly

Comment

• I'm sure it has a lot to do with the VERY long hours at work, but I don't think that was a good pick for Hacko...since he was the last drafter that needed a hitter from 1910s. I think.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Yeah, but all his other options probably required a good deal of research and he felt pressed for time. Burns was one of the few good options left at 1910s hitters.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Trevor May's line last night:

7IP, 9H, 2ER, 0BB, 7K, 0HR, W.

A bunch of hits, but no walks is nice to see.

Someone notes in PhuturePhillies.com comments:
                          The most incredible stats that Trevor May has had in his 30 innings pitched this year is his h/9 which is an amazingly low 6.3. In addition, Trevor has only given up 1 extra-base hit all year (1 double, 0 triples and 0 home runs in the 5 games (30 innings) he has pitched this year.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Eld's Mom's name is clint.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sorry for the delay -- didn't know I was up.

Comment

• By the way, in reading more about John Montgomery Ward, I'm becoming fairly certain that they based the "most interesting man in the world" guy in the Dos Equis ad on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X