No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like Carey, Kauff, and Zimmerman all ended up being great values. I really regret taking Shoeless Joe so early.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      Seems like Carey, Kauff, and Zimmerman all ended up being great values. I really regret taking Shoeless Joe so early.
      Carey and Kauff for sure ... Zimmerman seems more like a par pick in terms of value. CJ could probably have waited even longer on him if he wanted ... there was only 1 other candidate who would likely take a MI from the 1910's (I think).

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Sh!t, I picked my 1910s guy in the 2nd round. Now there's some value for ya! LoL.
        You gotta pick 'em sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Carey and Kauff for sure ... Zimmerman seems more like a par pick in terms of value. CJ could probably have waited even longer on him if he wanted ... there was only 1 other candidate who would likely take a MI from the 1910's (I think).
          That's a bold statement considering 3 of us could have still taken him, and he was coming into his value zone at this point in the draft.

HOWEVER, considering I wasn't really looking at him for my MI, or anyone else from the 1910s, you only need one of the other two to have the same thought to be right.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            That's a bold statement considering 3 of us could have still taken him, and he was coming into his value zone at this point in the draft.

HOWEVER, considering I wasn't really looking at him for my MI, or anyone else from the 1910s, you only need one of the other two to have the same thought to be right.
            I recant my previous statement. I was actually looking at the wrong decade

Still not used to the Seitzer's spread sheet.

Comment

• Spreadsheet is current through Hacko's pick in Rd 22.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• I'll make my pick when I get into the office in the next hour.

Comment

• It's like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun trying to figure out which of my target players is most likely to be taken by someone else.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'll pick in a few minutes. I think I know who I want, but I also have some Russian Roulette to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                      I'll pick in a few minutes. I think I know who I want, but I also have some Russian Roulette to play.
                      A few minutes turns into an hour as you sweat it and get lost in the research. Both the fun and torture of Vintage Drafting.

Comment

• Yeah. 73 minutes. No surprises.

edit to add: Did I mention how annoyed I am that I had to take on Evans' .248 career batting average?

Comment

• At least I know next time I tell someone "a few minutes", I can argue anything under 73 qualifies! I was wondering if someone was going to take the Evans plunge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            At least I know next time I tell someone "a few minutes", I can argue anything under 73 qualifies! I was wondering if someone was going to take the Evans plunge.
                            Not after the Killebrew plunge.

Comment

• I leave for business Monday around 5:30am EST - will be tied up until after supper Mon/Tues/Weds. I will make picks at night from the hotel if my turn comes up (I assume it will). Apologies for the future delays but I don't know another way to update my sheets and get online for a pick until evening, or early morning of each day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                                I leave for business Monday around 5:30am EST - will be tied up until after supper Mon/Tues/Weds. I will make picks at night from the hotel if my turn comes up (I assume it will). Apologies for the future delays but I don't know another way to update my sheets and get online for a pick until evening, or early morning of each day.
                                Sounds to me like you need a personal assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X