No announcement yet.

CBS Franchise Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see the boxscore because I played it on Quick Play, but I just beat a team 101-38 and Troy Aikman threw for 904 yards and 13 TDs.

Comment

• i wish the baseball quick play worked as well as the basketball...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I can't see the boxscore because I played it on Quick Play, but I just beat a team 101-38 and Troy Aikman threw for 904 yards and 13 TDs.
        Foles had a weak game...77-10 win.

Nick Foles 791 yds, 11 td
        Josh Cribbs 356 yds, 7 td

I think I know his favorite target!
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• After two months of getting no higher than Legend Level V, I finally moved up to Level IV today in both baseball and basketball. Now I'm going to proceed to get my ass waxed.

Comment

• Mark Trumbo just clubbed HR #1,000. Finally time to dump him!

Comment

• I made it to Legends in football 2014 and decided that I wasn't going to use any coins until I unlocked the 4-coin guys. So I went through ten seasons of mostly getting smoked after having been good all the way until Legends.

I bought Mark Gastineau, Richard Sherman, and a center, and in my first game with them, I gave up 381 yards to Christine Michael on 22 rushes (17.3 average). Ugh. However I won 89-10, because Steve Bono did this for him:

3 rushes for 6 yards
              74 dropbacks:
              * 20 completions for 165 yards, 0 TD
              * 3 completions where the receiver fumbled
              * 25 incompletions
              * 19 sacks
              * 7 interceptions
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• my strategy with Legends in football has been:
                - initially buy a few 3-coiners to be competitive
                - as you stay competitive (usually that means getting to a point where you level up then level down day after day), collect the coins but don't use the coins in the era that start to gather quicker.
                - buy legends in the other eras that you're collecting less quickly.

In football, I used 3 coins on a QB (Aikman) & a WR (Bullet Bob Hayes), and then bought a CB, T, DE and DT. I did train up a non-legend LB who's now in the 500s and seems to win tackles in most leagues.

Comment

• I have six leagues to go to get access to the 9-coiners, and have 7 Free Agent era coins, 6 Expansion era coins, and 2 wild card coins. I hope I land one more Expansion era coin to get a choice from Seaver, Morgan, Bench, Mays, Aaron, FRobinson, Gibson or Koufax. The 9-coin Free Agent era players are Schmidt, Brett, Ripken, Henderson, Clemens, Carlton & Eck. Not as thrilled with that bunch as the one from the Expansion era.

Comment

• Bizarre league game -- I won 65-6, but Troy Aikman threw 7 INTs! His Andrew Luck could only muster 11-for-30 for 83 yards though.

Comment

• Through his first 56 IP (at Legend Level V & VI), Dr. K has allowed just 18 hits.

Comment

• Just had a league game in football where my opponent's QB (Mark Brunell) went all of 2-for-3 for 34 yards.

Once you guys get to the Legends level, don't go for Aikman as your QB -- in this game, dude's an INT machine. He has 2,047 INTs in 1,407 games for me.

Comment

• heh. I was just coming to post my own quarterback beating.

from my league game, my opponent's Joe Theismann had 11 dropbacks:
                          1 completion in 4 attempts for 3 yards
                          1 scramble for 34 yards
                          2 interceptions
                          4 sacks

(also this confirmed that interceptions and sacks aren't counted in pass attempts; I figured sacks weren't but didn't realize picks aren't either)
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• So I'll have a decision to make on Tuesday, as the 9-coin legends finally get unlocked. I currently have 7 Expansion era coins, 7 Free Agent era coins and 2 Wild Card coins, so I'm planning on adding a 9-coin legend and a 7-coin legend.

Expansion 7 Coin Legends
                            Clemente
                            McCovey
                            Carew
                            Killebrew
                            Palmer
                            Marichal

Expansion 9-Coin Legends
                            Bench
                            Morgan
                            Mays
                            Aaron
                            FRobinson
                            Gibson
                            Seaver
                            Koufax

Free Agent 7-Coin Legends
                            Ryan
                            Fingers
                            Perry
                            Gossage
                            RJackson
                            Molitor
                            Yount
                            Boggs

Free Agent 9-Coin Legends
                            Ripken
                            Brett
                            Schmidt
                            Henderson
                            Eckersley
                            Clemens
                            Carlton

My immediate replacement needs are SS & 3B and one of my starting pitching slots. My secondary replacement needs are OF, 2B, DH and 2 other starting pitchers, who would slide into the bullpen.

I have 5 Pre War coins, so I'd like to save those for either Ruth or Gehrig. I have 3 Integration era coins, and a 9-coin Banks is a SS in this game. So basically, if I don't replace my SS (Uribe, who has 760 HRs but is hitting just .225 and I long since stopped training him up) with Ripken or Yount, I might as well just replace him with a 3-coiner or wait for Banks. And I'd rather not use 7 or 9 coins on a SS right now.

So I'm thinking I get Ryan with 7 coins or Brett/Schmidt with 9 coins, but man -- I'd love to get Koufax. I could pair up Koufax & Ryan to add to Saberhagen and Waddell, which would also shore up my bullpen. Or I could go with Mays/Aaron/FRobinson with Ryan, but my 2 OFers who are non-legends (Cargo & Garry Maddox) are still productive.

What would you dudes do?

Comment

• I just pulled an NFC South and made the playoffs with a 6-10 record.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                So I'll have a decision to make on Tuesday, as the 9-coin legends finally get unlocked. I currently have 7 Expansion era coins, 7 Free Agent era coins and 2 Wild Card coins, so I'm planning on adding a 9-coin legend and a 7-coin legend.

Expansion 7 Coin Legends
                                Clemente
                                McCovey
                                Carew
                                Killebrew
                                Palmer
                                Marichal

Expansion 9-Coin Legends
                                Bench
                                Morgan
                                Mays
                                Aaron
                                FRobinson
                                Gibson
                                Seaver
                                Koufax

Free Agent 7-Coin Legends
                                Ryan
                                Fingers
                                Perry
                                Gossage
                                RJackson
                                Molitor
                                Yount
                                Boggs

Free Agent 9-Coin Legends
                                Ripken
                                Brett
                                Schmidt
                                Henderson
                                Eckersley
                                Clemens
                                Carlton

My immediate replacement needs are SS & 3B and one of my starting pitching slots. My secondary replacement needs are OF, 2B, DH and 2 other starting pitchers, who would slide into the bullpen.

I have 5 Pre War coins, so I'd like to save those for either Ruth or Gehrig. I have 3 Integration era coins, and a 9-coin Banks is a SS in this game. So basically, if I don't replace my SS (Uribe, who has 760 HRs but is hitting just .225 and I long since stopped training him up) with Ripken or Yount, I might as well just replace him with a 3-coiner or wait for Banks. And I'd rather not use 7 or 9 coins on a SS right now.

So I'm thinking I get Ryan with 7 coins or Brett/Schmidt with 9 coins, but man -- I'd love to get Koufax. I could pair up Koufax & Ryan to add to Saberhagen and Waddell, which would also shore up my bullpen. Or I could go with Mays/Aaron/FRobinson with Ryan, but my 2 OFers who are non-legends (Cargo & Garry Maddox) are still productive.

What would you dudes do?
                                What about Koufax and Boggs? Boggs fills in your 3B spot you need to upgrade unless your looking for power.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X