No announcement yet.

CBS Franchise Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through 1,150 innings so far, Dr. K has allowed just 400 hits. It seems like he's good for a no-no every night.

Comment

• Just added my 2nd 9-coiner in the Iron Horse. Tough call over Ruth, but my two OFers (CarGo & Garry Maddox) are close to milestones and didn't want to dump them yet.

Comment

• Is there still drafts at the end of football seasons once you hit legend level?

Still daily drafts in baseball at the legend level?
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Yes and yes. In both sports, Legend Coins are the top choices when you "rank up" but they're not available in the drafts when you rank down.

BTW, why haven't you entered Legends yet? I noticed you're camping at Level 50. At this level, camping no longer matters. You're going to need legend players to be competitive, and the only way to get them is by entering leagues every day, so great W-L records disappear!

I was just in a league where Dazzy Vance led with 115 Ks!!!!!

Comment

• Pgoues: you're doing the 2014 football, right? Your team is "Feed the Buzzards", or is that someone else?

If so, football drafts work a bit different than Revo is used to.

In Legends, each league you get a different reward based on a cycle: first some RP, then a random legend coin, then some money, then some extra daily games, then a wild card coin. You get this at the end of the league no matter how you did. Then in the draft, you can take a buff to your team, some game balls (basically direct leveling), a contract player, or a small number of games or money. Note that once you get to legends, you can't draft plays, which kind of hosed me. So if you need a lot more plays for your playbook, that can kind of justify camping, although getting the clock started on getting good legends is worth doing too.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Pgoues: you're doing the 2014 football, right? Your team is "Feed the Buzzards", or is that someone else?

In Legends, each league you get a different reward based on a cycle: first some RP, then a random legend coin, then some money, then some extra daily games, then a wild card coin. You get this at the end of the league no matter how you did. Then in the draft, you can take a buff to your team, some game balls (basically direct leveling), a contract player, or a small number of games or money. Note that once you get to legends, you can't draft plays, which kind of hosed me. So if you need a lot more plays for your playbook, that can kind of justify camping, although getting the clock started on getting good legends is worth doing too.
              Wow, so how many coins does it take to buy a legend player?

Comment

• Same as before, 3/4/5/7/9. And you can still buy coins with real money. And every time you reach a level in Legends that you haven't gotten to before, you get three wild card coins. There has definitely been a lot of complaining about how the reward for actually doing well in the league isn't enough. Until very recently the postseason draft was only temporary buffs, possibly a permanent 1% bonus in the first slot, or a tiny reward in 10th, and no matter what place you finished in you picked 8th unless you spent RP to move up. We'll see how much better this is. They're talking about adding other things, like letting you pick a play you own and upgrade it to titanium, for example.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Also note that in baseball you get two coins every four leagues, in this you get two every five but the leagues are 16 hours instead of 18, so it ends up being not much different, especially once you count the extra coins for leveling.

The big thing that annoys me in baseball is that because every league you either go up or down, if you're at approximately the right level, you're either going to go up then down or down then up, and down then up is so much better for you.

Comment

Same as before, 3/4/5/7/9. And you can still buy coins with real money. And every time you reach a level in Legends that you haven't gotten to before, you get three wild card coins. There has definitely been a lot of complaining about how the reward for actually doing well in the league isn't enough. Until very recently the postseason draft was only temporary buffs, possibly a permanent 1% bonus in the first slot, or a tiny reward in 10th, and no matter what place you finished in you picked 8th unless you spent RP to move up. We'll see how much better this is. They're talking about adding other things, like letting you pick a play you own and upgrade it to titanium, for example.
                    In Football 2013, you absolutely DO NOT get 3 WC coins for moving to a brand new level. That would be awesome!

Comment

• Stuck in the dead ball era

I discovered this thread while looking for the answer to the following question. I only play the android mobile version of franchise baseball. I am still in the dead ball era and want to know how to advance to the next era. I can't find any information anywhere else and after reading the thread this seems like the place to find the answer.

I have advanced to level two once at the legend level but it's no fun going 0-18, so I usually hover around level 4 or 5. I keep low rated bench players and swap them for my stars to lose leagues on purpose so I can win a lower league and the daily games handily. I am stuck on pennant games and can't win any more without bonuses. Since my current manager is Tommy LaSorda and has 9 batting and 10 pitching badges, it's no big deal. I try to avoid spending rp on bonuses. After banking almost 2000 rp and then using them to fully train two players (Mike Lansing and paul lo duca), now I am out of money, even though I had more than 900 million. Its expensive to train level 6 players!

I never considered "camping" and I don't think I have the patience for it. I have two separate games going now, one on my old phone and one on my new phone.

I am really looking forward to getting out of the dead ball era. I have 7 wild card coins saved up and I am not going to waste them on any more of these guys. I saved up and got Ty Cobb and he has been a little disappointing. I have Manny Ramirez trained over 20 and he is unstoppable. His OPS is over 1000!

Answers and/or advice will be appreciated.

Comment

• Hi drekmach, welcome aboard!

I'm unsure what you mean by the "Dead Ball Era", but that could be because I haven't made it that far in legends yet. I play in two versions, one under CBS and the other on Facebook, and both teams only get as high as Legend Level IV before I get beat back down. I usually win no more than 4 or 5 games in Level IV leagues.

I had a major decision this morning as I won a WC coin and had two 9-coin possibilities (Dead Ball and Expansion), and ended up going with Walter Johnson. I made the decision that I would only train up legends, since I would systematically replace non-legends and didn't want to waste RPs/cash on players I was going to replace, so it's interesting that you fully trained up Lansing, Lo Duca and Ramirez. I do have non-legends who continue to do very well at the Legend levels, but they'll have to make do with whatever they got trained up to prior to Legends.

Comment

• drekmach: ok, so this is really dumb, but I just installed the Android client so I could see what you were talking about. On the legends screen, above where it says "Dead Ball" along with the number of coins you have, there's a small green triangle on the right side. If you touch that, it'll let you switch to a different era of legends. When I first brought up the app, there wasn't any text in the area where the triangle is, so this would be completely unobvious. But you should be able to get different legends that way.

Comment

drekmach: ok, so this is really dumb, but I just installed the Android client so I could see what you were talking about. On the legends screen, above where it says "Dead Ball" along with the number of coins you have, there's a small green triangle on the right side. If you touch that, it'll let you switch to a different era of legends. When I first brought up the app, there wasn't any text in the area where the triangle is, so this would be completely unobvious. But you should be able to get different legends that way.
                            Sometimes it takes a New set of eyes to find something hidden right in front of you..... Thanks so much.

Comment

Pgoues: you're doing the 2014 football, right? Your team is "Feed the Buzzards", or is that someone else?

That's me, the Buzzards.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Finally made it to Legend Level III (by going 8-10, no less). Oh man, talk about being outclassed. I just want to get my ass kicked and get back to Level V!

Comment

Working...
                                X